Dave the jadeite man

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For an alleged "bluish-grey" jade, it wasn't very blue. As in, not at all.

That bracelet was pretty, but I wouldn't pay £100.00 for a gold tone bracelet. If it was just plain silver, and a quarter of the price, then I might consider it.

For a company that has serious cashflow problems, if this material is so rare and exclusive that the Chinese would pay over and above for it, you would think that Gemporia would be selling it on the Chinese market to quickly recoup cash. And yet they're not.

Probably because they want to give a great deal to their loyal viewers. And definitely not because it isn't worth anything like the amounts they're bigging it up to be.

Oh, and this is absolutely the last of it, allegedly. Until Dave next appears with 5,500 tons of Ultra-Celestial Infra-Red (ie. a pale beige) Jadeite. From Narnia, probably. 😏

I have not seen enough of him before this Jade fascination but he seems very angry and lacking any sort of passion for what he is saying

I don't think he believes what he is saying and it shows
Jade Troth's in great company, because I suspect that many Gemporia viewers don't believe anything he says either.

Well, that's if they don't switch channels the minute he begins his 45 minute waffling lecture

Everyone should send in a message to them complaining about too much jade
People have been complaining on social media, and on here. Presenters and buyers have been starting shows lately trying to justify the neverending deluge of allegedly very rare material 🤔

I suspect that money is very, very tight, hence all the "secret sales" in the middle of the night before the return of the Bennetts, and the sales of what appears to be whatever is left in their vault during the day in the weeks since.

As much as I joke, it's not a healthy sign for a company, constantly showing one type of item day in and day out.

Dave's on now. He's got fantabulous carved jade apparently, but I won't be buying.

He is telling a story about the carving. If it was being told by David Attenborough, I might find it interesting. But Dave just sounds like he's reciting his shopping list.

If he doesn't find his waffle interesting, why should we?

I've just tuned in and heard Dave say he is selling the large Jade carving for less than he sold it for in January and that there is the price pledge if you had bought it previously. Is the price pledge back in place or is it only being mentioned selectively or in error (therefore misleading?) Switching off now as I can't listen to any more of the heirloom, connoisseurs etc. references 😂

Steve didn't know when he came on a few weeks back

And nobody appears to have clarified it since

Quite simple it is either on or it isn't maybe tell your customers either way straight up
It’s still on their website. I checked as I was looking for an answer to a question about a previous purchase and happened to notice it was still there.

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. I have spent a small portion with Gems over the years - I try not to think about it if I am honest.
For an alleged "bluish-grey" jade, it wasn't very blue. As in, not at all.

That bracelet was pretty, but I wouldn't pay £100.00 for a gold tone bracelet. If it was just plain silver, and a quarter of the price, then I might consider it.

For a company that has serious cashflow problems, if this material is so rare and exclusive that the Chinese would pay over and above for it, you would think that Gemporia would be selling it on the Chinese market to quickly recoup cash. And yet they're not.

Probably because they want to give a great deal to their loyal viewers. And definitely not because it isn't worth anything like the amounts they're bigging it up to be.

Oh, and this is absolutely the last of it, allegedly. Until Dave next appears with 5,500 tons of Ultra-Celestial Infra-Red (ie. a pale beige) Jadeite. From Narnia, probably. 😏
Vapid Stoat nails it for me here. Why aren't they selling it back into the market that is so buoyant?

Also stop with the One of a Kind masterpiece, Dave, you have over 60 of them.

Has Gemporia cornered the market in jade? What's next: skiploads of filled Burmese rubies for the next 3+ years? "Heirloom!". "Legacy!"

I don't care if Troth's found Lord Lucan and Shergar in Myanmar. I don't care if he's going to announce the second coming of Jesus.

The only "Burmese news" that I could probably raise a cheer for would be an announcement that Mr T is moving there. Hopefully with Jake "Twiggy" Thompson on a 2-for-1 deal.

Latest posts

Back