Dawn Bibby leaves QVC after 18 years

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So, in a nutshell, she's leaving to go to Create and Craft. They don't want her until July, she asked QVC if she could stay til then, but they said no!

She's going to tidy her house because she's been working so hard and been too exhausted to do it.

Will probably fit in a little holiday as she hasn't had one for weeks.

:wink: :wink:

What about LEONIE ???? will she stay ? or is she being sidelined for DB. ? I suppose IW are hoping that Dawn will bring her old audience with her. It will be interesting to see how the prices fare, because they have always been a lot cheaper than qvc.

I think it's a good move by C & C and Dawn. I've loved QVC's craft but recently there's not been as much diversity, just the same things over and over and little response to changes and innovation. Unless they have something big up their sleeves (or intend to put less into craft shows), I fear QVC will regret not being able to keep Dawn.

crafting on qvc has become too expensive.on ideal world the craft looks really fun and even though i am not an avid crafter it looks more tempting pricewise.

Thank God she's going, that's what I say!

Sick to death of her miserable face staring back at me, the monotonous tones as she drones on and on about nonsense. She has no enthusiasm whatsoever!

This might at least shake the crafting department up at QVC somewhat!

I don't watch the crafting hours but I do know who Dawn Bibby is.

I don't think she was pushed as such. My guess is that she has broken the terms of her contract and it's been terminated. She will probably have something like a no compete clause which basically ties her to QVC. If she plans to move to C&C then QVC have asked to leave immediately. It's legimate business practice. And QVC can probably stop her from joining C&C immediately depending on her contract.

It will be the QVC legal team calling the shots here.

Good luck to her though

I don't think she was miserable, just very frustrated that she had so little time to complete a demonstration. Having someone saying "move on" constantly in your ear when u want to show something to it's best advantage must be a "pain in the ****".

Good luck to Dawn, I dont watch a lot of the craft shows but she didnt seem very happy so I hope she will be better off over at C&C.

Are there any other guest presenters that should follow in her footsteps and take off????

I vote all the tech guests...boring.

I expect Amy will take over - I am off to self harm with everyone else.......! She is like a strict schoolmistress. No personality or passion for what she demonstrates.

according to the qvc wesite there are lots of craft shows coming up, it will be interesting to see who fronts them....amy....oh no.....please

I didn't start this thread so everyone could slag Dawn off in such a personal way, but you are of course, welcome to your opinion, it is a forum after all.

WELL I AM GOING TO STICK MY NECK OUT AND SAY THAT I WILL MISS HER. I AM SURPRISED SHE IS LEAVING THO AS IF SHE IS SELLING HER SHOP AS WELL THEN WHAT WILL SHE DO INSTEAD:wonder:

I stopped watching QVC craft a long time ago as it got more samey, and rushed. I taped Sir Tim and even that was boring...C&C have had my business for a long while..mostly to do with P&P and lots of stimulating stuff.
I have a feeling that once the threads started on here about Dawn jumping ship, those high up decided it wasn't to be tolerated. I don't think they can stop her working for anyone else as they have terminated her..and they can't stop anyone from making a living.
It must of been quite a shock to Dawn to be ousted like that, and as much as QVC are a business and she is a business woman, just goes to show the only loyalty QVC has is to themselves...so much for thinking about their potential customers.
I hope Dawn gets her mojo back cos she's a great teacher..I've learnt masses from her over the years...and spent a fortune enjoying myself.

I don't think she was miserable, just very frustrated that she had so little time to complete a demonstration. Having someone saying "move on" constantly in your ear when u want to show something to it's best advantage must be a "pain in the ****".

its live TV, that the job. she's going to get that no matter where she goes.

I stopped watching QVC craft a long time ago as it got more samey, and rushed. I taped Sir Tim and even that was boring...C&C have had my business for a long while..mostly to do with P&P and lots of stimulating stuff.
I have a feeling that once the threads started on here about Dawn jumping ship, those high up decided it wasn't to be tolerated. I don't think they can stop her working for anyone else as they have terminated her..and they can't stop anyone from making a living.
It must of been quite a shock to Dawn to be ousted like that, and as much as QVC are a business and she is a business woman, just goes to show the only loyalty QVC has is to themselves...so much for thinking about their potential customers.
I hope Dawn gets her mojo back cos she's a great teacher..I've learnt masses from her over the years...and spent a fortune enjoying myself.

Sorry Jacaranda, but they can stop her for working for any other business in the same field. My husband works in computers and has this rule as part of his contract. They would likely do the same as QVC, gardening leave and no working. Its quite common in many businesses. That said I have always felt this is a really unfair part of the contract. He can't work for anyone else for 6 months :(

I know Marion well who has been on several times now (from Sugar and Spice) as it's my closest craft shop plus she was on my UKscrappers team. She is a bit too giggly yet as she is nervous but her samples are so much nicer than the stuff Dawn brought, which hadn't really changed for about 10 years. I think they would be better to have a range of craft presenters now so that things don't get stale again. I really miss the American guests as their samples were always so gorgeous. It's ironic that working at QVC etc probably doomed her marriage (I'm only speculating-trudging up and down from Lancashire to London and back often weekly couldn't have been much fun for old JJ) and now it's over she has done less and less and has now left. She seems like a resilient lady and I'm sure she has some big iron in the fire, or she wouldn't have left-I hope it's not IW-I really couldn't see her over there.

I do get the sense that crafting is suffering the same downturn as the States have experienced. Personally I can't remember the last time I bought anything craft related- I still have enough capr to stock a small shop though so it's just as well!

ETA I didn't see the info on p6, so Dawn is going to Create and craft. I wish her well but I still have difficulty seeing her over there and hope it's not at the expense of some of the stuff I enjoy watching over there (Barbara Grey, Leonie).

Last edited:

You say that but,
she found time to show enormous amounts of cards that they had made though, all she seemed to do lately was a bit of sticking and matting and then here's the cards we've made.
I stopped watching a long time ago, she was so boring.
If she does join create and craft I hope she doesn't do the same thing with them as they really do have some great demo's and you can learn so much from them.

It might help if La Bibby stopped wandering about with a face like a slapped a*se: isn't crafting supposed to be a fun activity?

Watching Dawn recently has made me think that shoving red hot pins under my fingernails might be a less stressful way to spend my time.

So Amy's staying at QVC then as she's posted this on her blog

"Yes, I am really, really pleased and excited to tell you all that I AM staying at QVC!!
Woo Hoo - I now have my own contract with them, lots of exciting shows coming up and lots of meetings about the future going on! I am SO excited!!

I cannot tell you much more at the moment - but there are lots of changes happening and it is so exciting that it hurts to keep it all in at the moment!! As soon as I can tell you more, I will!
So, watch this space!!!

EXCITED!!!!!"

Latest posts

Back