Debbie Flint Instagram

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The first jab I got offered was by letter at a centre 45 miles away so I booked my first online locally. My friend had hers at the same time. She was offered a second appointment but I heard nothing and found out that my email and phone numbers hadn't been passed on so nobody was ever going to contact me by text or email. I went with her, explained what had happened and was given a spare dose on the same day as she was. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. Someone messed up big time with mine and I wonder how many other people have been in the same boat. I could easily have missed my second jab if I hadn't been as bolshy. Has anyone else experienced this?

I think Pfizer reactions if any are more immediate, AZ reactions can take a couple of days to appear for some people but seem to be worse.

I had my second vaccination the other day and being the Pfizer one I had to wait for 15 minutes.The young man was so apologetic that I had to wait, but I knew that was the form.It seems some people make a terrific fuss about this! Making a fuss would take longer than sitting down & having a chat with someone, what is wrong with people?
We had to laugh when we went for our second vaccinations. While we waited for our 15 minutes we were talking to one of the volunteers and she said that the day before they had a group of teenagers in for jabs. Mobile phones were banned and she said it was so funny when they realised they would have to talk to people for 15 minutes. We assumed they were a vulnerable group or in a clinical research programme.

Pfizer one i had to wait 15mins both times - no question re driving.

Mr L had AZ at doctors surgery and shown the door immediately.

I was told at my first that it was for any adverse reactions so does that mean AZ has less immediate reaction.

Or perhaps it’s one of those cases where the “restrictions “ is only applied where they have the room to accommodate them?
We had Pfizer and for both we had to wait 15 minutes and weren't asked if driving or not.

My ex had the Astra one at a vaccination centre and was asked to wait 15 minutes afterwards because he was driving. He was given a date for his second jab while he was there. I had the Pfizer one at my doctor’s surgery and had to wait for the 15 minutes but am waiting for the date for the second jab. It’s due before 5th May. Thankfully I had no side effects at all, not even a sore arm, but apparently you might get a reaction on the second one so I’m ready for that eventuality. 🙄

As long as we get there in the end what is 15 mins - it’s not as if we are doing much else

My ex had the Astra one at a vaccination centre and was asked to wait 15 minutes afterwards because he was driving. He was given a date for his second jab while he was there. I had the Pfizer one at my doctor’s surgery and had to wait for the 15 minutes but am waiting for the date for the second jab. It’s due before 5th May. Thankfully I had no side effects at all, not even a sore arm, but apparently you might get a reaction on the second one so I’m ready for that eventuality. 🙄
Sailed through first not a problem - but my arm was very sore after the second and I had a headache and felt a bit nauseous for a couple of hours but that could be because of Mr L!

We had Pfizer and for both we had to wait 15 minutes and weren't asked if driving or not.
Nobody asked me if I was driving (Pfizer) on either occasions.I have a friend who had hers in a drive through situation and someone had to drive her but take it that is more to the set up? No reaction, hardly a sore arm but I did go to bed early & sleep through for about 12 hours!

We booked first & second online at the same time & there's an 11 week gap between them, with second one next month. We were asked to wait in the car for 15 minutes before driving home. I was aware of the needle going in & a feeling of something moving through the muscle & that's all, no bleeding, bruising or side effects. My Mr T had to have a plaster & walked around for a couple of days looking like Napoleon - minus the hat. It made a change from months of eye issues when he's done a good impression of Nelson. My sister works with special needs adults & has had both of hers, 24 hour headache after the first one & nothing after the second. We all had AZ.

We booked first & second online at the same time & there's an 11 week gap between them, with second one next month. We were asked to wait in the car for 15 minutes before driving home. I was aware of the needle going in & a feeling of something moving through the muscle & that's all, no bleeding, bruising or side effects. My Mr T had to have a plaster & walked around for a couple of days looking like Napoleon - minus the hat. It made a change from months of eye issues when he's done a good impression of Nelson. My sister works with special needs adults & has had both of hers, 24 hour headache after the first one & nothing after the second. We all had A

We booked first & second online at the same time & there's an 11 week gap between them, with second one next month. We were asked to wait in the car for 15 minutes before driving home. I was aware of the needle going in & a feeling of something moving through the muscle & that's all, no bleeding, bruising or side effects. My Mr T had to have a plaster & walked around for a couple of days looking like Napoleon - minus the hat. It made a change from months of eye issues when he's done a good impression of Nelson. My sister works with special needs adults & has had both of hers, 24 hour headache after the first one & nothing after the second. We all had AZ.
Had our first on 28th January and on 31st March our surgery rang and we had the second the same day.

On the 11th of April we had a call from the Covid call centre saying our second vaccinations were due and were most surprised when we told them we had already had them.

I had a bad reaction to the first AZ, nothing at all to the second one. The nurse who gave me it said people's reactions vary - some react to the first, some to the second, some to both, some don't react. No telling which group anyone falls into. I'm just very grateful I've had both.

I had a bad reaction to the first AZ, nothing at all to the second one. The nurse who gave me it said people's reactions vary - some react to the first, some to the second, some to both, some don't react. No telling which group anyone falls into. I'm just very grateful I've had both.
I am waiting for my 2nd jab of the AZ. Felt quite unwell with the first, so am hoping like you, I have no reaction to the second. My hubby had his second Pfizer jab on Friday, and he felt again unwell, shaky, fuzzy headed and very tired, with sore arm. He is fine now though.

I was really ill after the first. Flu-like symptoms and it appeared to have triggered the worst asthma attack I've ever had. It lasted 8-9 days.

I was the same after a week of steroids. I kept waiting for the burst of energy and feeling better than I had for years that everyone said I'd have but nothing changed until the day after I stopped taking then the flu-like symptoms started. I've never felt so ill even when I had the real flu in my fit and healthy 20's. Never again!

There's something in my DNA that reacts in the opposite way to normal with just about every drug I'm given. The only saving grace about that is that paracetamol works extremely well for me.

We had our first jabs in February but haven`t heard anything yet about our second one. I was lucky and had no side effects at all, not even a sore arm so I`m hoping it will be the same after my second one but I won`t hold my breath. Mr V felt a tad off colour for a couple of days and his arm was sore but paracetamol took the edge off it. We both had the pfizer one and had to sit for 15 minutes under the watchful eyes of a couple of volunteers.

I understand what you're saying, because it is easy to think "what the heck", she is what she is, I don't like her - move along, nothing to see here - but hey, isn't it nice to have a thought in your head, however random to find someone else saying the same thing? For example I'd be watching RL doing her shows and thinking to myself how her clipped and over stressed pronunciation of words, and sweeping arm movements drove me potty - then to come on here and find somebody had posted my exact thoughts -wow!!! Shopping telly's a funny old thing, a little bit niche, a little bit ridiculed and not a subject that one would readily get into with friends, family and colleagues - well, not to the degree that we do here. That's what's so great about it - we can chat freely about a subject that to the uninitiated would seem extremely dull, and that even knowing some of the presenter's names would seem somewhat obsessive -creepy even!
As shopping telly fans, addicts, critics whatever people want to call us, this forum is an escape, a place where we can discuss everything from the presenters, the things they sell, the prices, the models, even the design of the set. Can you imagine sitting down at work for your break and saying to a colleague "Did you see Debbie Flint in that dreadful Marla Wynne tunic last night, she looked like my nan's old lamp table?!" First thing they'd say is "Who? What? and Where? The second thing would be " Babe, I know we're in lockdown, but you need get out more" or simply "You're weird"!
To summarise, I think our members can be forgiven for the "bees we get in our bonnets" about these things, if we can't talk about them here, then where can we talk about them? When we see comments, that correspond with the discussions we've had on here eg, on social media, again we think wow, it's not just us and we'll naturally discuss it on this forum. Not everybody agrees on everything, we each have our own likes and dislikes and we manage to express our views without animosity towards one another -Not weird, not creepy - just us!

Well said. Seeing someone posting similar thoughts to your own keeps me SANE. Well as sane ad I'm ever going to get.

One of my friend's who got Pfizer was made to sit for 15-20 mins at the Ulster Hospital, she had a very bad headache for over a week with it.

I got the AZ and just asked at my doctor's if I was driving? No, I got the bus, I had to come from work. I was just let go straight away. As I said before that evening I went to bed early as I was tired and had booked the next day off work just in case. Woke up and felt achy around my shoulders as if I was going to take a heavy cold, just did light stuff around my flat, the day after I was totally fine. Now, I did have a large lump on my arm where I got the injection, but it did not hurt and took about a month to totally go down.

I was really ill after the first. Flu-like symptoms and it appeared to have triggered the worst asthma attack I've ever had. It lasted 8-9 days.

I was the same after a week of steroids. I kept waiting for the burst of energy and feeling better than I had for years that everyone said I'd have but nothing changed until the day after I stopped taking then the flu-like symptoms started. I've never felt so ill even when I had the real flu in my fit and healthy 20's. Never again!

There's something in my DNA that reacts in the opposite way to normal with just about every drug I'm given. The only saving grace about that is that paracetamol works extremely well for me.
I totally sympathise, alter ego. The only painkiller I can safely take is paracetamol - for all pain levels. But it's made me work out how to mentally block out severe pain, and one surgeon even said I had an extremely unusual reaction to pain. I react badly to a lot of medication so hate any to be changed, knowing the balance in my system is being upset again.

That’s good to know Evie, I’m due my second on the 10th of June, the husband the15th of June. I was rough for four days after my first AZ vaccine, the husband was rough for two day, so hopefully the second will be easier. 🤞

I had the AZ at the end of January and was asked if I was driving, and then as I came on the bus could go straight away. My only side effect was a rather painful arm the next day. I was getting really worried in case they forgot about me, as people going through the NHS portal can book two straight away. But I got the text a couple of weeks ago and am going for jab 2 this afternoon, so 11.5 weeks. My doctor neighbour suggested I should take paracetamol as soon as I get back and before bed as a precaution, so I shall do that.

We are having surge testing in this area and I had a negative test yesterday, 👍. I had it at 10.00 yesterday and the result came though at 03.00, ! That’s very quick isn’t it? Maybe because it is a special exercise. My tester (well co-ordinator as you have to do it yourself) was decidedly grumpy and sent me off with a barcode which I had to register. No information from him or on the paperwork as to where to do that and my phone is too old for the app. Eventually found it on gov.uk!

Latest posts

Back