Debbie Flint returning?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree, I've just watched one of her shows (the
lola rose one) and she was terrible! she seem
s kinda common if you ask me, a bit like Jill Franks and Jilly Halliday!

I dont and never have liked her but what a snob you are.

I agree, I've just watched one of her shows (the lola rose one) and she was terrible! she seems kinda common if you ask me, a bit like Jill Franks and Jilly Halliday!

I think the term of phrase you are looking for is "down to earth and grounded":taphead:

I agree, I've just watched one of her shows (the lola rose one) and she was terrible! she seems kinda common if you ask me, a bit like Jill Franks and Jilly Halliday!

Such a remark is kind of rude if you ask me.
That Debbie hasn't the glamour puss tendencies of some isn't a big deal but the poor skills of some of the presenters is at times an insult to qvc's customers.

One of the reasons the presenters in the 'good old days' are held in such high esteem is because they were the first of a kind on British TV. They had to contend with wobbling, uninspiring, and collapsing scenery and there were fewer items with consequently longer presentations which meant that the presenters had to be able to hold our interest for much longer.
Debbie was consistently herself, whether you like that self or not and, as mentioned before, the product was the star, not Debbie. Julia was always a bit too full of herself. Another reason for the affection for the 'old' presenters was that they worked together as a team and helped us to feel part of the experience. These days,of necessity, because things change, the presenters have to be slick sales men and women which triggers the longing in some of us for the 'good' old days.:nod:

Totally agree with this. I remember when the late, great Steve Whatley used to be on with Joan Rivers - that was one hysterical double act! You would never see the likes on QVC nowadays but they were priceless together.:giggle:

Was she really that good then? So many posts have referred to the 'good old days' with Debbie, Paul and Steve(?) etc, that I assumed that those presenters were the bees knees. I just felt a bit disappointed today to be honest! Debbie was better in the Lola Rose shows, but I couldn't see anything remarkable about her. And if she used to have holes or ladders in her tights, well that was really careless of her.

Imo no, she was never 'that good' and I particularly didn't like her double act with smarmy Paul Lavers, either on QVC or elsewhere over the years. Steve Whatley actually was that good, the ultimate showman presenter who really came into his own and shone on IW, and he is sorely missed. I think there is a very large slice of nostalgia in this thread that is making many people see a rather mediocre presenter through very rosey spectacles and they should've gone to Specsavers imho. :rolleyes: As for the sarf London 'common' accent, I have one too and I really wouldn't want to listen to me on tv either. ;) :pPC:

I dont and never have liked her but what a snob you are.

I'm not a snob, just voicing my opinion, which I had understood a forum like this was all about. QVC always comes across as a more up market shopping channel (compared with bid tv) however some presenters come across as quite scruffy when describing products! I'm not saying everyone should have a cut glass english accent (I certainly dont) but come on sometimes its just cring worthy!

I would take watching Debbie present over a large number of other shopping channel prsenters (not just QVC) any day of the week.

I'm not a snob, just voicing my opinion, which I had understood a forum like this was all about. QVC always comes across as a more up market shopping channel (compared with bid tv) however some presenters come across as quite scruffy when describing products! I'm not saying everyone should have a cut glass english accent (I certainly dont) but come on sometimes its just cring worthy!

Obviously you haven't watched Jill Franks or Kathy Tayler then i presume?:thinking2:

I couldn't possibly comment on the 'good old days' (I've been watching QVC for the past 3 1/2 yrs) and I can see the point behind some of the posts. However, these very posts had created an expectation in me of seeing a professional of some calibre and imo she is not. Far from it. Surely, Debbie could not possibly appeal to everyone and I wish her best of luck with her new career move.

Obviously you haven't watched Jill Franks or Kathy Tayler then i presume?:thinking2:

I have watched both and I mentioned Jill in my first post on this topic, she is definately the worse of them all. I actually turn the sound down when she's on or go to the website. I'm from Glasgow and I sure as hell wouldnt want to hear myself on telly so I'm not being rude here just saying that they annoy me!

There's nothing wrong with having an accent, the reporter on Sky News Neil Patterson (don't know if that's the correct spelling, sorry) manages just fine with his strong Glasgow accent. Anne Dawson to me is unwatchable for many reasons but not her accent.

There's nothing wrong with having an accent, the reporter on Sky News Neil Patterson (don't know if that's the correct spelling, sorry) manages just fine with his strong Glasgow accent. Anne Dawson to me is unwatchable for many reasons but not her accent.

I like a cross section of accents to be on telly so this doesn't bother me in the slighest.

Oh,I saw Ann Dawson on air the other day,I don't know what was going on with her but she looked so rough,I immediately had to swtich channels,I felt a bit embarrassed for her.Thank God QVC don't broadcast in HD coz it would have been "real horror-show my droogie"!

Bless her, she hasn't worn very well. I don't think any of the lady presenters have got anything to worry about , they shouldn't feel threatened in any way.:54:

I doubt that any of us can honestly say we've worn well but the one thing that doesn't seem to have changed is her down to earth personality and that's exactly what the 'lady presenters' should be worried about. At least Debbie makes you feel that she's one of us, would mind going out & getting p***ed off her a**e with you. With most of the others I always feel as if I'm being patronised and it's sometimes hard to hear what they're saying from high on the pedestals they put themselves on. Nah, give me girl like Debs to pry open me wallet and nick me dosh everytime. I think if Debbie reads these posts, she'll be honest enough with herself to agree that she's not everyone's 'cup of tea', but then I don't suppose all of us would be hers either. That's what makes the world go around. The amount of adoration shown in these posts are (I suspect, mine included), simply a reflection of how much we appreciate having her back. I can appreciate that in a few years time, these will be 'the good old days' for some, just as the 60's & 70's were a television golden age for those of us (me) who are old enough to remember them. I'm sure Debbie would agree with a wink in her eye that 'there's nothing like an old pro to shows us how it's done' and that has been sorely missing from shopping telly recently.

I couldn't possibly comment on the 'good old days' (I've been watching QVC for the past 3 1/2 yrs) and I can see the point behind some of the posts. However, these very posts had created an expectation in me of seeing a professional of some calibre and imo she is not. Far from it. Surely, Debbie could not possibly appeal to everyone and I wish her best of luck with her new career move.

Exactly what I thought! I'm not being rude, but she just didn't live up to the hype IMO.

I was never her greatest fan but I was actually glad to see her back today.
She's relaxed, professional, down to earth and I think will grow on her detractors.
I didn't notice smarmy old Ralph looking intimidated, he looked small but that's another matter, lol'
I thought that Debbie was the same size she always was, she was never skinny and always had big hands and wrists.
Welcome back Debbie, you did well:flower:

I doubt that any of us can honestly say we've worn well but the one thing that doesn't seem to have changed is her down to earth personality and that's exactly what the 'lady presenters' should be worried about. At least Debbie makes you feel that she's one of us, would mind going out & getting p***ed off her a**e with you. With most of the others I always feel as if I'm being patronised and it's sometimes hard to hear what they're saying from high on the pedestals they put themselves on. Nah, give me girl like Debs to pry open me wallet and nick me dosh everytime. I think if Debbie reads these posts, she'll be honest enough with herself to agree that she's not everyone's 'cup of tea', but then I don't suppose all of us would be hers either. That's what makes the world go around. The amount of adoration shown in these posts are (I suspect, mine included), simply a reflection of how much we appreciate having her back. I can appreciate that in a few years time, these will be 'the good old days' for some, just as the 60's & 70's were a television golden age for those of us (me) who are old enough to remember them. I'm sure Debbie would agree with a wink in her eye that 'there's nothing like an old pro to shows us how it's done' and that has been sorely missing from shopping telly recently.

I can see by your post how Debbie would be your cup of tea!!:) Everyone will make up their own minds as to what they expect from a proficient presenter.I am amazed at all the newbies that seem to have joined us for the second coming of Debbie Flint LOL LOL

Last edited:
I think one thing the people who hadn't seen Debbie before will come to appreciate over the next few weeks is just how well she knows her products... she obviously always does her homework and knows what she is selling inside out...

I've only been watching QVC for 5 years so yesterday was the first time I'd seen Debbie Flint. Why all the fuss? She was pretty average, IMO, no better or no worse than the majority of the presenters already on the channel.

I can see by your post how Debbie would be your cup of tea!!:) Everyone will make up their own minds as to what they expect from a proficient presenter.I am amazed at all the newbies that seem to have joined us for the second coming of Debbie Flint LOL LOL

Yes well observed Kathy, the DF appreciation society is in full swing. :lol: 6 of Laurie's 11 posts so far have been in adoration of DF, a true fan indeed, maybe even closer than that.......?? :Whistling: :D :pPC:

Latest posts

Back