Debbie Flint returning?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes well observed Kathy, the DF appreciation society is in full swing. :lol: 6 of Laurie's 11 posts so far have been in adoration of DF, a true fan indeed, maybe even closer than that.......?? :Whistling: :D :pPC:

Well spotted both of you but not strictly accurate, although that's not your fault. I've been an avid reader and poster here for ages. I felt that a lot of comments here (on the site as a whole) were getting a little nasty and personal towards the presenters so I left the forum for a while. When I decided to 'do a Debbie' and come back, I coudn't remember my username or password and so re-registered as 'Laurie'. A newbie under this persona but an 'oldie' (How that word hurts) as a contributer to the forum

The threads I've posted in are the ones that interest me. I can't see the point in posting if I've nothing to say or add. This thread interests me because I remember Debbie et al when QVC started (and even before QVC) and I enjoyed her personality. I remember when she left to join the new Ideal World (and I still want to know who bought that car!). I still think she's 'got it' as a presenter, whaterver 'it' is. 'A true fan', PPC? Are there degrees of that? You either are or you aren't. 'Maybe even closer than that'? As a gay man, I don't think so but you could check with my partner. He'll be able to tell you. Given a choice, for looks, I'd rather watch Hugh Jackman selling me stuff on QVC but for presenting skills, a wicked sense of humour, an ability to not talk down to me. it's Debbie everytime. Just my opinion, as are yours. BTW, PPC, I adore you for taking the time to keep an eye on my posts and what they're about, that's going to save me a lot of hassle knowing I don't have to do it:wink2: A great post from you & Kathy tho. Hope u take this reply in the lighthearted way it's intended xx

I watched Debbie today with interest, I thought she was really good, very natural and at ease. I only started watching QVC in 2001 so had not seen her before.

After all the hype about Debbie's return, I suppose I should have realised she couldn't possibly live up to it. I've only watched her for a few minutes and she seems ok, don't really have an opinion yet, but she might grow on me.
I generally like regional accents, but I'm not keen on hers - reminds me of my misspent forays down Petticoat Lane - and I say that as the daughter of a good old Hackney lad!

Hadn't seen Debbie Flint before, but watched her a bit the other day. First impressions: seems good at the job, did remind me of Ideal World presenters, will continue to observe.

Hadn't seen Debbie Flint before, but watched her a qbit the other day. First impressions: seems good at the job, did remind me of Ideal World presenters, will continue to observe.

Well she left QVC to help start IW.

Agree with Mariecat very Ideal World with a twist of a pre-school tele programme presenter. See might grow on me and she's only just back so we'll see.

I'd never heard of Debbie Flint as I only started watching QVC about 4 years ago. I have to say I think she's a breath of fresh air to the channel. I'm particularly looking forward to her doing some fashion shows and wearing the products, it will be interesting to see them on a woman shaped woman rather than stick insects.

I'd never heard of Debbie Flint as I only started watching QVC about 4 years ago. I have to say I think she's a breath of fresh air to the channel. I'm particularly looking forward to her doing some fashion shows and wearing the products, it will be interesting to see them on a woman shaped woman rather than stick insects.

....and hopefully, she'll wear the correct size, and tell us which size she is wearing, which, from past experience she will.....even if it's Large.........unlike some....

Hi

I'm 8 and a half years with QVC (and would probably have been fairly wealthy if I hadn't discovered it, but there you are - not entirely serious, but you know what I mean!) so I reckon I just missed Debbie Flint.

Sorry to go against the grain but I've not warmed to her, simply as she doesn't seem that enthusiastic or genuinely to like the products she's selling -she appears robotic in her presentations, to me at least.

She appears to be going through the motions - although she's not, obviously, as presenting on live telly must be terrifying!

Maybe it's early days, though.

I caught a few minutes of her the other day and I wasn't exactly bowled over. She looked messy and her presentation was the same, a bit all over the place when describing products, she jumped about from idea to idea but didn't really finish any of them and the whole thing just came across as scrappy. I don't really remember her from the first time round but if this is all the wonderous DF has to offer then it doesn't do much for me I'm afraid...

I agree! I think she really is lovely and sooooo experienced with the sales patter. her presentation skills are excellent. I wonder if JR will feel slightly in competition now because I am sure she will become a big favourite with all of us. [Especially after having JF punishment on and off the screen so regularly these days! When is she going to take a day off?!!]

Hi ...She appears to be going through the motions - although she's not, obviously, as presenting on live telly must be terrifying!

I think maybe that's why I liked her, because she's not overly gushing and giving the 'you cannot live without it' hard sell. I like her down to earth approach.

Hi

I'm 8 and a half years with QVC (and would probably have been fairly wealthy if I hadn't discovered it, but there you are - not entirely serious, but you know what I mean!) so I reckon I just missed Debbie Flint.

Sorry to go against the grain but I've not warmed to her, simply as she doesn't seem that enthusiastic or genuinely to like the products she's selling -she appears robotic in her presentations, to me at least.

She appears to be going through the motions - although she's not, obviously, as presenting on live telly must be terrifying!

Maybe it's early days, though.

Robotic yes, but not terrified by live telly... she has been up and down the channels like a fiddlers elbow! lol

I've just put QVC on, first time in ages, but nearing Chrimbo and looking for ideas. I was shocked to see Debbie Flint, in fact I double checked which channel I was on! I'll give it a go but I'm not keen on her, I remember her being on QVC in the early days and, correct me if I'm wrong, got the impression she left thinking she was off to bigger better things. (sorry if I'm repeating what has already been said, admit to being to lazy to read 300 posts :wink2:)

Nice to be back here tho, todays viewing drew me over to post. :sun:

Latest posts

Back