Decleor Pulling Out Of The UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes this rumour has been swirling for a few months now. Salons were sent letters saying there wouldn't be any Christmas sets this year and then there was another letter which said they were potentially closing, unclear if just UK or worldwide.

A real shame, Decleor is my favourite skincare range. I was lucky enough to receive a few items from a good friend recently.

I think they wrote and signed their own death warrant. They withdrew from department store retail. They left QVC (the writing was on the wall the minute Fiona Brackenbury announced she was leaving). They reformulated and knocked the stuffing out of their ranges. It is a crying shame. Some genius obviously thought the paying customers would buy inferior products with the same names.

I think they wrote and signed their own death warrant. They withdrew from department store retail. They left QVC (the writing was on the wall the minute Fiona Brackenbury announced she was leaving). They reformulated and knocked the stuffing out of their ranges. It is a crying shame. Some genius obviously thought the paying customers would buy inferior products with the same names.
Yep L'Oréal destroyed it

It is definitely happening

I notice they say the group's strategy is to acquire and sometimes exit brands... that's probably not 100% the wording.
I read that to mean, we buy and kill off the competitors offering cheaper, or more effective products than our existing brands.
L'Oréal will continue to be a wrecking ball for brands they refuse to understand or support properly.
They say it was fragile, but who was it who removed high street retailing from department stores? Who was it who pulled the brand from QVC? Who was it who decided to reformulate the products into inferior versions of themselves?
I think L'Oréal engineered the decline and collapse of the brand.
This is a cautionary tale for any brand who thinks L'Oréal will be a saviour for their company. Bigger isn't always better.
I'm sad for all the Decléor staff spas and customers.

Decleor was such a lovely brand. I used to get the oils from QVC and later, on day trips to France, there was a lovely French pharmacy thwt stocked Decleor and Clarins at a fraction of prices in this country. Always used to stock up.
Such a shame the brand has been destroyed.
I totally agree with you, to this day it is still my most desired brand. Every single item I ever used from Decleor was great for my face and body. I think it is so sad what has happened, but if anyone knows where I can still get it please put a seperate thread up. I feel even old stock unopened of course would be a huge benefit.

I know she has not done Decleor for a long time but I am seriously thinking of contacting her about the brand she worked for previously.

I totally agree with you, to this day it is still my most desired brand. Every single item I ever used from Decleor was great for my face and body. I think it is so sad what has happened, but if anyone knows where I can still get it please put a seperate thread up. I feel even old stock unopened of course would be a huge benefit.

I know she has not done Decleor for a long time but I am seriously thinking of contacting her about the brand she worked for previously.

Best thing is to Google as some places do have some but very limited, many items not available.

Fiona knows that the brand is ending.

An update on the British Beauty Blogger's Business News. Statement from L'Oreal.

In my last BBN I speculated that L’Oreal was shuttering Decleor and that’s been recently confirmed. L’Oreal have given little explanation other than in a letter to spas and salons saying, ‘a heavy impact from the international economic and health crisis of the past years, which has aggravated the fragility of the brand and impacted its viability”.

An update on the British Beauty Blogger's Business News. Statement from L'Oreal.

In my last BBN I speculated that L’Oreal was shuttering Decleor and that’s been recently confirmed. L’Oreal have given little explanation other than in a letter to spas and salons saying, ‘a heavy impact from the international economic and health crisis of the past years, which has aggravated the fragility of the brand and impacted its viability”.
I read that as “Our heavy-handed cost and quality cutting weakened the brand, and we let the unjustified prices for the quality finish it off. But we’ll blame the economy.”

Latest posts

Back