CBD (Hemp) Oil

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jimapak

Registered Shopper
They are selling CBD oil again, Ellis seems to think she's an expert on it. I've done some research and have found out what they mainly use Hemp oil for from cancer research UK and I quote from their website.

"Hemp oil comes from the seeds of a type of cannabis plant that doesn’t contain the main psychoactive ingredient THC. Hemp seed oil is used for various purposes including as a protein supplement for food, a wood varnish and an ingredient in soaps."

"CBD oil comes from the flowers of the cannabis plant and does not contain the psychoactive substance THC. It can be sold in the UK as a food supplement but not as a medicine. There is no evidence to support its use as a medicine."

This came from cancer research.

There is so doubting that CBD oil is a god send for so many people. When it comes to clinical trials they are often heavily funded by pharmaceutical companies who’s profits reply on finding their medicine “cures”.
Many people rely and chose to use CBD with huge success for a variety of different illnesses/concerns . If it’s not for you that’s your choice but for many this product or similar have a huge positive effect on people’s every day life.

There is so doubting that CBD oil is a god send for so many people. When it comes to clinical trials they are often heavily funded by pharmaceutical companies who’s profits reply on finding their medicine “cures”.
Many people rely and chose to use CBD with huge success for a variety of different illnesses/concerns . If it’s not for you that’s your choice but for many this product or similar have a huge positive effect on people’s every day life.
It's all in the mind of the user, I have tried CBD oils and it's never worked for me. The placebo effect is a wonderful thing

Bang on. And Cancer Research UK is just one of those pharmaceutical companies, albeit managing to grift their way to a tax efficient charitable status.

It's all in the mind of the user, I have tried CBD oils and it's never worked for me. The placebo effect is a wonderful thing
Far more powerful than is given credit for.

This thread illustrates the major problem with healthcare in the 21st century: it's increasingly all for profit.

Healthcare companies care more about their bottom line than actually caring for patients. Drug manufacturers spend huge amounts to dilute and undermine as many investigations and reviews that may show their wares as being ineffective or even dangerous. Or to bury studies into cheaper alternatives for their products.

So who to believe? Your local GP or a medical expert, or a salesperson on the telly? Go back 15-20 years and you would feel silly asking the question. These days...?

If I could trust Gemporia presenters to sell me a piece of jewellery without obfuscation, bad acting, outright lying, and flagrant money grabbing, then maybe I would listen to what they had to say about their CBD oil. They should be able to do that without any real issues, because selling jewellery is what they are known for.

But if they can't do that at all, how the heck am I supposed to trust them with my health? I am frankly bemused that people who have caught Gemporia presenters out with their lies and ruses over and over judging by their posts, would apparently go on to trust them with any of their health problems.

Agree with you..CBD's benefits are undeniable, often overshadowed by big pharma's influence. Personal experiences speak volumes. It's a personal choice, but for many, CBD truly transforms daily life positively.

If it's so good then tell me why is it that 1 out of every 2 people die each year from some sort of cancer?

What's that got to do with the CBD debate? You're not even making a comparison?

A lot of people don't even know about CBD (particularly the older generation), and many of those that do know about it don't really understand it and think that if its coming form a cannabis plant, then it's either going to make them as high as a kite or the Met Police are about to raid their house.

Now if you'd said "Trials have shown that when 100 people took CBD oil in cancer trials, 1 in 2 people died - compared to those that had no treatment or used conventional cancer treatments, 1 in 2 people died too", then you'd have had a valid argument - but you're trying to suggest CBD is no good because 1 in 2 people die from cancer - without actually knowing how many of those people have tried, or even heard of CBD oil.

Most bizarre comment I've seen for a while.

On the week CBD oil became legal to use as a food supplement, I thought I will give it a whirl, a cafe in Oxford was doing CBD coffees, so I went along and bought a coffee and a regular brownie (I must admit I blinked at the price - £11 for the two items!!!!!) However, my afternoon was unusual in that I felt calm and revved at the same time. I thought I can't afford that every day and started to buy oil usually from Amazon, I added in Ginger and Turmeric and my knees became pain free in three weeks. I had not bought it with a view to improving my joints, more to hope to feel like I did that first time, funnily enough I never did recapture that first sensation, but my knees were massively grateful. I haven't taken any for ages and I really must start again, as walking up and down stairs is beginning to hurt again!

On the week CBD oil became legal to use as a food supplement, I thought I will give it a whirl, a cafe in Oxford was doing CBD coffees, so I went along and bought a coffee and a regular brownie (I must admit I blinked at the price - £11 for the two items!!!!!) However, my afternoon was unusual in that I felt calm and revved at the same time. I thought I can't afford that every day and started to buy oil usually from Amazon, I added in Ginger and Turmeric and my knees became pain free in three weeks. I had not bought it with a view to improving my joints, more to hope to feel like I did that first time, funnily enough I never did recapture that first sensation, but my knees were massively grateful. I haven't taken any for ages and I really must start again, as walking up and down stairs is beginning to hurt again!

If I took some, I wonder if it would ease the pain of watching Dave Troth and his endless amounts of Jadeite. If it can cure that pain, the stuff is a ****** miracle.

If I took some, I wonder if it would ease the pain of watching Dave Troth and his endless amounts of Jadeite. If it can cure that pain, the stuff is a ****** miracle.
If you're not careful, it'll make you have a moment of revelation and press that "Add To Basket" button on an unmissable Type B Snotite phallus carving...

At the end of the day CBD is not a cure but if it gives those people that use it some relief (placebo effect or not) then, for them, that is all that matters surely.
100%. The background, which I've seen Toby describe, to his use of it during his cancer treatment and why he and Cherry created the ProLife brand is enough - for me - to understand that it must do something. The Wicca practitioners in this forum will also know that plant-based remedies have been used for millennia. Modern, huge, profit-driven pharmaceutical companies are not always in the vanguard of discoveries; often they are tailgaters and create weak imitations to sell at enormous profit.

The use of the term is being phased out now in academia but it sometimes feels as if we're in the Dark Ages when it comes to therapeutic aids (and I'm not talking about cures here). It's all fairly recent too. I'm sure I saw, somewhere, that children were encouraged to help collect goose grass during WWII because its active ingredients can be used to manufacture painkillers.

jimapack using our battle to counter cancer as an argument is a perfect example of Godwin's Law.

CBD works as far as I'm concerned. I know someone that has bi-polar, and it's made a HUGE difference to her condition and made it far more stable.

I know someone that uses it for anxiety too - and it also helps that significantly.

Let's also not forget that parliament recently passed a law that allows the prescribing of medicinal cannabis for kids that suffer with fits. Parents have reported how their kids that suffered 13 or 14 fits a day, have gone down to 1 or 2 a month. Incredible difference. Whilst it may not be CBD, it all comes from the same plant.

I have no issue with Gemporia or Toby Cavill on this one.

Let's also not forget that parliament recently passed a law that allows the prescribing of medicinal cannabis for kids that suffer with fits. Parents have reported how their kids that suffered 13 or 14 fits a day, have gone down to 1 or 2 a month. Incredible difference. Whilst it may not be CBD, it all comes from the same plant.
The reason I felt it would help rather than harm was an amazing Ted Talk held by the Cannabis Brothers (in the USA, of course) and the video of a child in Status Epilecticus (sp), and that at the end of the talk the family came on the stage and the little girl could recite "Twinkle, twinkle..."

If it's so good then tell me why is it that 1 out of every 2 people die each year from some sort of cancer?
I worked as an NHS Oncology Research Nurse for many years. While my personal opinion is that cannabis definitely has medical uses. I, personally, am not convinced that it is a cure for cancer. However, it could possibly help with some symptoms - my jury is out on that.
However, I really just want to clarify that one out of two people - on average - will be "affected" by cancer in their lifetime. (This figure has changed from one in three as we live longer and issues like obesity and other lifestyle considerations also play a part - but that is a different discussion.) However, that is not the same as one in two people dying from cancer. We have made progress and learned more so many people do survive their cancers or receive treatments that keep them at bay long enough that their cancer is something they die WITH rather than OF.
Early detection is massively important, as is public awareness of warning signs. But, thankfully, it is not as bleak as one in every two deaths. Last time I checked I think it was about one in six - which is grim enough...
I'll get me coat now...

Anyone who believes anything and/or trusts anything selly telly presenters and 'experts' tell them about pills and potions need to take a long hard look at themselves ;)

Actually, the same holds true regardless of the product.

Anyone who believes anything and/or trusts anything selly telly presenters and 'experts' tell them about pills and potions need to take a long hard look at themselves ;)

Nobody on here believes anything that Gemporia says - hence why we're on here complaining about them and calling out their BS! ;)

I worked as an NHS Oncology Research Nurse for many years. While my personal opinion is that cannabis definitely has medical uses. I, personally, am not convinced that it is a cure for cancer. However, it could possibly help with some symptoms - my jury is out on that.
However, I really just want to clarify that one out of two people - on average - will be "affected" by cancer in their lifetime. (This figure has changed from one in three as we live longer and issues like obesity and other lifestyle considerations also play a part - but that is a different discussion.) However, that is not the same as one in two people dying from cancer. We have made progress and learned more so many people do survive their cancers or receive treatments that keep them at bay long enough that their cancer is something they die WITH rather than OF.
Early detection is massively important, as is public awareness of warning signs. But, thankfully, it is not as bleak as one in every two deaths. Last time I checked I think it was about one in six - which is grim enough...
I'll get me coat now...
Great post. 100%. A lot of men die with prostate cancer but not of it. We tend to go at things, one at a time; smoking, additives, sugars/sweeteners and - more recently - general Ultra Processed "Foods". A lot of these are the product of naked corporate greed, unfortunately, and really only became public heath issues in the last eighty years or so.

As TheManWithNoName has said, this type of forum is at least available for voicing of genuine skepticism. I've had second thoughts once or twice after reading posts on here.

One thing, though, is that I don't believe that either Toby or Cherry have suggested that CBD is anything related to a cure for anything. Pretty sure it helped Toby get through the terrible side effects of the cancer treatments, helping to manage his nausea and insomnia.

However, my ill will still exists when it comes to the Expensive Urine Merchants, such as those in Primal or those who pathologise food groups (all fat is bad, everyone has coeliac disease, you must eat protein) all to make a fast buck. You can't buy it any more but snake oil salespeople still exist as much as they always have done 😃

Latest posts

Back