delivery charges

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The p&p definitely is way higher than I've seen elsewhere, and it often stops me buying something or I look elsewhere for the same thing. Also small items can be high, it doesn't seem to just go on weight or size.

I think QVC once told me it was because there warehouse is so large that they have to charge p&p per item rather than per order, I'm not convinced by that. I think it may also be that they rely on impulse buys and selling to someone whilst they are on air, so they don't want people to think 'oh, I'll wait on that one and see if I'm ordering anything else soon to share the p&p', then you might not get it.

But the half price P&P on second & subsequent items is a joke.
Take clothing, if you want a second you want a different colour or a different size to compare for fit. Who wants two exactly the same size & colour that might not fit anyway!
And since when did the colour of a thing make any difference to the cost of posting it?

I often wonder if any of the suits at Q Towers cringe in embarrassment when the Next "order by 9pm for delivery next day" ad comes on.
Next manage that for 3.99 per order. They have a massive inventory of products and they collect free of charge regardless of weight.
QVC should be ashamed.

I'm with you there BB ...DD placed an order with Next just before 9pm Thursday night - it was here Friday before 1pm as stipulated. If they can manage it, QVC certainly ought to be able to when they charge damn near that much just to send you out a ring or pair of earrings!

The stock answer from QVC is that the warehouse system has been set up for single packages and it would require a complete overhaul of the system if they were to change to accommodate multiple items in a single despatch. My view is that hopefully market forces will eventually push them into ploughing some of their profits into making these changes but for the time-being they don't see the need. The only thing that will force their hand is losing sales; not petitions or individual complaints.

Jude xx

I think I would possibly buy more from QVC rather than less :blush: If I had wanted the OTO NN - I probably would have chucked in a Laura geller item too.Today if I want an OPI product,I may have gone back and looked at a tiffany lamp. (don't tell the DH! :wink: )

The stock answer from QVC is that the warehouse system has been set up for single packages and it would require a complete overhaul of the system if they were to change to accommodate multiple items in a single despatch. My view is that hopefully market forces will eventually push them into ploughing some of their profits into making these changes but for the time-being they don't see the need. The only thing that will force their hand is losing sales; not petitions or individual complaints.

Jude xx

It needs an organisation such as 'Which' or BBC's Watchdog to do an extensive comparison across the board to highlight how much some of these channels are ripping of their customers with excessive delivery charges. They need to be shamed into doing something about it because some of the channels are really taking the p*ss.

Plenty of people are still paying these costs ( me included!) BUT only if I can't get locally in the shops ( but again I live in a large urban area where I have a multitude of shops available within easy reach.) not so easy if you are in a country area or less mobile.OR I want to use the 30 day MBG as I did when I ordered a Clarisonic ( it didn't go back!) OR if these is free p&p as recently with Gatineau. I do endorse Amazon, wide range of products, free p&p & quick delivery.I can only think QVC rely on those who live in a remote location/ not mobile/ order by phone.I recently was drawn into the Mally hype & ordered 2 products which I didn't rate & returned.The whole exercise cost me over £10 in p&p costs.

There are several beauty items I want to get as gifts but the P & P is putting me off especially when I can go to Feel Unique lookfantastic etc and there is no P & P. There is a jane Packer try me price today of £19.92 - P & P is £3.95, absolute rip off. The thing about QVC is they always think they are doing us a favour when they do free P & P (Gatineau was free P & P last weekend) but other companies do it all the time. I think its about time they did free P & P if you spend over a certain amount in one go i.e. £30 or £50. If other online stores can do it I am sure they can. The only thing that gets me shopping me now is if a skincare item I want is on easy pay.

I have been dipping in and out of beauty day and am tempted by lots of the products but have made myself factor in the p and p. Added then all up and it comes to enough for me to pop down tothe dreaded high street and buy about three extra products from Boots. So have decieded to buy nothing from Q and have a trip into town instead! I know I would not be able to get a few of the ranges but can get Decleor, Liz Earle L'ocittaine, Bobbi Brown, Ojon and Elemis. I think they will only overhaul their p and p when they see a significant dip in sales. I have also noticed that the p and p seems to be displayed in teeny tiny numbers and I am having to squint to see it properley. Will have lines round my eyes soon, no doubt they will have a cream especially for this!

Latest posts

Back