Delivery in time for Christmas??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
They may believe so if its speedy in leaving their warehouse, or perhaps they mean it's a delivery to the Evri or Post Office sorting offices !

Because our post delivery is about twice a week, and I'm far from isolated - it's a large village 3 miles from the Sorting Office.. Evri are experiencing a backlog already, so little chance of "getting before Christmas " there either.

I ordered something yesterday and it will arrive tomorrow based on the information from Evri. When it says “on its way” then it always arrives the following day. However, if it doesn’t arrive tomorrow, for whatever reason, I’m not bothered because it’s for me. My Christmas presents have been bought and wrapped for over a month so I decided to treat myself for a change. 😉

Well, not ordered but. In my area, endless Amazon vans, have seen Evri driver Scott who does my area. Very random seen the lesser spotted post man. I did take a small in for the woman below granddaughter the other day.

I usually get money and or wine for Xmas and just save the money for the sales. Presents have been bought earlier in the year. So it is just the supermarket hell for me. Yes, I only bought cat food for Dinah she only likes Sainsbury on brand, milk, some fruit a few curries and it was hell!

I ordered something yesterday and it will arrive tomorrow based on the information from Evri. When it says “on its way” then it always arrives the following day. However, if it doesn’t arrive tomorrow, for whatever reason, I’m not bothered because it’s for me. My Christmas presents have been bought and wrapped for over a month so I decided to treat myself for a change. 😉

It arrived. 👍

Walking little dog this morning, on a reasonably busy road in my village, and there on the pavement in front of me was a pale grey plastic bag. I picked it up, and yep it was an unopened package from QVC ! I looked at the address and it was literally on the other side of the road. So I delivered it to the grateful recipient. How the delivery driver from Evri or Post Office missed it is beyond me.

I placed an order on the 3rd and I’m still waiting. With any other company I’d have been in touch with them a fortnight ago but I just can’t face ringing Q. Ridiculous I know but hopefully it will remind me not to order from them again.

I ordered one of the big deals yesterday morning. Had an email from Evri earlier to say they have it so I think I will get the items either tomorrow or Saturday. Evri is very good in my area

I'm really lucky that I know both my postman and Evri man on first name terms and if I'm waiting for something they actually try and find it. Everything I've ordered for Christmas has been delivered although I was fairly organised and got things ordered early and sent direct to the family who we don't see until New Year. Hope no one's disappointed on deliveries - especially food :censored:

CC

If they can get deliveries done quickly when it’s coming up to Christmas, plus the fact TSVs come more quickly than “normal” orders then it beggars belief why they can’t do it all year round. 🤔

Not qvc related but I dropped a few cards off at the post office yesterday afternoon with 2nd class stamps, knowing they’d probably arrive in a couple of weeks, and some of them arrived today! I was completely gobsmacked. I have no idea what happened but well done Royal Mail.

I’ve noticed since the start of the Covid lockdowns QVC have massively improved their delivery times.

I also think they must have gone scorched earth in the warehouse to improve their inventory costs, which also makes it easier to find and despatch stock in a timely manner.

They just need to cap postage costs, and find a way to not send out soiled or stinky or damaged items…

Latest posts

Back