Diane Gilman Jeans TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
Did a search and can't find any mention of this already so if there is oooops. That's me, always behind!

Anyway, have just viewed the film of the forthcoming Diane Gilman jeans TSV and apart from the fact that the denim looks very 1980's, I'm a bit gobsmacked at her sizing.

She said, the waist on the size 12 is usually 27", well when has it EVER only been 27"? In the 50's maybe? But she said on her TSV it is a 31" waist going up to a 36-37" in stretch. Wow that's some stretch? So if you go for your normal size, will the waist look like those clown trousers? Maybe they come with a set of braces to keep them up?!! :wonder:

They are very well fitting jeans actually. The only problem with them is, they are not really bootcut. They are ok to tuck into boots but I do wish Le Q would give us the same choices as USA and have the 'fit and flare' option. Much more flattering IMO.
:doh:

Maybe they haven't bothered to convert the sizes to UK ones. I am a 12 in the UK and an 8 in US sizes. QVC clothing does seem to be very generous, what do really slim poeple do? I know, I know! They buy elsewhere of course!

TSV is

Diane Gilman Bootcut Jean with Back Pocket Signature Logo for £24.42 (Normal QVC price £29.25)

Marks and Spencer sale cotton rich jeans £25 now £12, choice of lengths in all sizes.:sun:

Yes I did buy a pair this morning, I love these jeans as they sit on the waist and are so soft to the touch.

I might be in the minority here but I don't want a stretch waist in my jeans. I am a child of the 80s ... I was born wearing high heels and believe jeans ought to be done up lying on the bed using a coat hanger to get the zip up! A stretch waist in jeans is very comfortable but makes me look like a sack of spuds!! Not a good look you'll agree.

Great fitting jeans are an absolute must have and once you find that pair then buy 'em in bulk is my motto. I'm a size 18 in jeans and the absolute best jeans for me are Rocha John Rocha, low rise, slim fit boot cut in long. Fab!!

i wear gap jeans but love the diane gilman ones. they have linen in the mix which makes the denim really thick which sucks you in a lot.if you are really shapely with a smallish waist and big hips/bum/thighs i think the fit is really good and slimming.

low rise jeans dont fit women with round bottoms but these do.

i would love some skinny jeans from her but they are always out of stock.

Until recently I have never found a pair of jeans that were comfy so never wore them. Then on a trip to the US I found Not your daughters jeans, horrendously expensive but for me worth every penny they are just so comfy and whenever I have them on I am asked if I have lost weight

If these sit on the waist I might try them but looking at the sizes they do seem bigger than normal

I struggle with jeans that are "on the waist" as I'm really short from waist to nether regions. Jeans that come up too high are really unflattering and blumming uncomfortable to boot. Trendy low rise jeans don't fit me but the Rocha John Rocha ones do as they're short in the body but don't show my pants!!

Have heard lots of good reports on those jeans Delh.

i suppose me being 5'8 and long in the body with a big bum the diane gilman are good for my body type.

I've just looked at the TSV and I don't think they look good tbh:wonder:

Well I am short waisted(normal jeans hit me on the bottom rib and its not comfy), I take a 29 inch inside leg, my bum is nearly flat but I do have tummy.

Strangely I have been told I have the legs for skinny jeans!!!! :bow:

The jeans I mentioned earlier on sale at Marks and Spencer are my ulimate fav jeans. Cotton rich 98% with only 2% of the stretch stuff, actually very little stretch with them, say on the waist but don't annoy me at all. Feel really soft and good weight. I do also wear Marks and Spencer jeans which do sit below the natural waist and have to wear a belt, its the no bum causing it. I walk round pulling them up! This style sit just on the top of my hip bone, so only a very little below my natural waist..

i love marks generally but i have some chunky thighs and a big bum so thier jeans dont fit me well at all. but some gap do and they really do nice denim and i can pick some up for £10 in the gap clearance.

Totally useless for me. Not going to invest in something I will have to immediately chop 3 inches off:doh:

Always buy Marks jeans as they do the short length. QVC never cater for shorter women in trousers.

Last edited:
Totally useless for me. Not going to invest in somethiong I will have to immediately chop 3 inches off:doh:

Yes me too. You can't hem jeans as it ruins the whole look of them. Do they think every woman has the same length of legs?

To me they look like men's jeans anyway. They're called bootcut but they're not they're straight leg and worn with heels, they look really old fashioned. They also make the models and Jilly H into thunder thighs as they're way too tight.

On Ideal World they do some very pricey jeans which look a lovely fit but again way too long for me.

I don't think the TSV even looks nice on the models,and the grey looks just awful.
The cut is old fashioned and half mast jeans and heels is a no no.
They may fit and feel nice but they don't look good imho.:thinking:

i've got the wider ankle boot cut in the dark indigo and i agree that a wider ankle width balances out a more curvier figure.

Latest posts

Back