Diet Chef TSV????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see Diet Chef possibly as a kick start to weight loss but then diets to me are 'you go on one' and 'you come off one' which isn't good long term. You have to change habits for good to lose weight and maintain it which means changing your lifestyle to include healthy eating and exercise.

I can see people struggling and gaining weight when they stop their 2 or 4 weeks and go back to their normal eating patterns as it's not teaching them about nutrition and how to cook.

QVC ought to get rid of Diet Chef and bring in The Biggest Loser products, they teach you about nutrition and exercise and how to make it a lifestyle change which are important for long term health. QVC US stock these so why not UK? :wonder:

i agree with what most of you are saying losing weight is a long term thing a lifestyle change think diet chef is just for short term like someone said for special occasions if your serious about losing weight you can do it yourself with a bit of know how ie portion control and exercise really don't think you need to spend a fortune on something like diet chef. i'm a curvy girl as i like to say it lol am happy way i am but i do eat quite healthy so as i stay the size i am comfortable with i'm never going to be skinny just nature's way wouldn't want to be either like JF i have a sister who is tiny and whatever she eats and she eats loads can not put weight on it's infuriating lol so i know pressure to lose weight but like i said i'm not built to be skinny i'm meant to be curvy and i just eat right so as i don't go too big anyone can lose weight with a bit of common sense don't have to be brainwashed by diet chef. ooh sorry for long post as soon as i got going couldn't stop lol

No wonder they got rid of Paul McKenna - his advice is to eat more slowly and you won't eat as much plus his system is cheaper in the long run:cool:.

Silly me, I tried a four week supply of Diet Chef last year, but bought it direct from their website as I don't eat meat. Although it is more expensive that way, you can choose excactly what you want and as the beach was looming and it was November, I thought the hot meals and soups would make it easier for me to quickly shed the 1/2 stone I wanted to lose.
Firstly, I found the hot meals really quite unappetizing - I'm no great chef, but I could have cooked them all better myself. The cereals and snack bars are all available at a lower price from supermarkets, but I did enjoy those. The soups were tasty until about nine days in I found a piece of glass in my mouth from one of them. This rather put me off the whole meal plan and as I didn't enjoy many of the evening meals, I stopped using it altogether and have all the rest sitting in my cupboard.
I did report it to them, and they said they would get back to me, but this thread has reminded me that I haven't heard a word from them and we are now six months down the road!
I know if I had bought it from QVC I would have got my money back, but what sort of company ignores the report of glass in their food?
I should have chased it up, but with the lovely holiday and Christmas etc. I must admit it slipped my mind and it's probably too late now.
I lost the weight on my own and really do think that portion control and a bit of exercise are the way to go, otherwise when you come off the plan, you are likely to put it all back on again.

Shocking!

This morning Julia said she had lost 18 pounds on this regime. Well done her.
I thought she looked a wee bit smaller.

The trouble is I also thought her face, neck and arms looked more gaunt. She likes
to show off her usually wonderfully toned arms but they have now gone a bit saggy
with wrinkly skin hanging down. Not a good look.
Thats what puts me right off losing weight too quickly when you are over 40.
Your skin just hangs there like the air has been pumped out.
I am trying to lose weight but only very slowly so I dont feel totally deprived and hopefully dont end up looking too gaunt. I am doing loads of exercise to keep everything toned up.
It is bl**dy difficult to lose when weight when your over forty. Well it is for a
greedy beggar like me! ; )

I cant say any of that Diet Chef powdered stuff would ever appeal to me in a million
years. You are best off doing like the Queen and just eating your usual food but
a bit more healthily and cutting down the portion sizes. Three 40 min sessions of
exercise each week works wonders to.

Her inner arms are starting to look a bit Shar pei like,she needs to be careful.

Whenever I see Diet Chef on I always think how unappetizing the food looks and how astronomical the prices are, and wonder why people don't simply cut down portion sizes, exercise more etc etc, but then I think a lot of people feel they don't have the time or skills to do this. I'd like to see a renewed focus in schools on teaching kids how to budget both in terms of their diet and their money, I think these are really crucial life skills. I guess if Diet Chef helps those who are struggling to lose weight and whose health is at risk it's got to be positive but as others have noted I can't see it as a long term solution as it doesn't teach the healthy eating habits that are needed to keep the weight off, and yo-yo dieting can be even more dangerous. Unless it would be Diet Chef forever and that I think would be an expensive and pretty miserable existence!

Precisely.

Watched a bit more and I'm surprised that this diet is only 1200 cals a day plus fruit and veg. That seems pretty low to me, you MUST be hungry on it! Also if you're only having that amount the weight loss must be more than the 1-2lb a week they reckon it will be.

The only way to lose weight is to cut down on the calories and get some exercise and do it for life. Crash/fad diets do not work... in the long run.

Exactamundo!

Here's my advice for all of you who are trying to shift stones.

Eat what your body NEEDS 90% of the time.
Eat what your mouth WANTS 10% of the time.

There is a distinction, follow this advice, really follow it and watch your weight stabilize.

That will be £200 pounds please!,contact me via PM to arrange payment for this stellar advice.:sun:

I couldn't believe the price either. £80 for 2 weeks worth of food is a rip off. Doing something like Slim Fast would be much cheaper - you still get the shakes, snacks and can make your own meal or buy a ready made healthy meal.

I'm a sucker for anything which claims 'easy 'weight loss--- no such thing.My house is full of magazines which feature 'Lose a stone in a week'.I am not at all tempted by Diet Chef, it looks awful , I would imagine I would be so hungry on this I would snack on Mars Bars.Not to mention the expense! Most people are now aware of what not to eat etc. when attempting to lose weight.If DC works for you---great!! They make it sound like a 'fine dining' experience---mmmmm an oatcake crumbled into soup instead of croutons?& Bolognese sauce on top of strips of courgette?I don't think!!!

I'm a sucker for anything which claims 'easy 'weight loss--- no such thing.My house is full of magazines which feature 'Lose a stone in a week'.I am not at all tempted by Diet Chef, it looks awful , I would imagine I would be so hungry on this I would snack on Mars Bars.Not to mention the expense! Most people are now aware of what not to eat etc. when attempting to lose weight.If DC works for you---great!! They make it sound like a 'fine dining' experience---mmmmm an oatcake crumbled into soup instead of croutons?& Bolognese sauce on top of strips of courgette?I don't think!!!

The bolognaise on the courgettes almost made me wet myself laughing...mmmm, wouldn't feel even slightly hard done by eating that eh?! And a 150 cal soup and nothing else for lunch?!

Wonder if they sorted out the 'veggie' option this time...I know loads of people complained that there was fish oil in them the last time it was on...

Tx

I know 1200 calories a day isn't many but you could get a much bigger portion of food by cooking your own low fat meals
Granola is lovely but not low calorie in comparison to bran flakes for example, those oat bakes although nice are not low in calories either.
i think you must be absolutely starving for the first few days you are n Diet Chef

If you look at the Diet Chef website you will see that you input your current size and that it will tell a larger lady that you need more calories to start off and if you buy direct from Diet Chef the deal will factor that in with an extra milk shake. I started in January and it worked for me in that it meant I wasn't having to seach for meals - everything was there. When I had used my 2 months up at Easter I started buying the Granola and Nairns from the Internet and I had enough shakes to last me until the end of this week so I have ordered the shake options today. I did not like the evening meals so I swapped mine with a colleague for milk shakes and just looked at the calories on Tesco/M&S etc. The portion control is the real winner.

I agree with all the comments regarding DC I am currently on DC and have not really lost any weight. the foods are very oily, tasteless. the only good thing about it, that it has taught me about portion control. The whole diet system is very overpriced.

plump and round diet chef presenter

kiely the diet chef presenter does not inspire me. she is not a walking advert for the product and as everyone has said it is daylight robbery.
surely eating so little would cost little. :cake:

Watched a bit more and I'm surprised that this diet is only 1200 cals a day plus fruit and veg. That seems pretty low to me, you MUST be hungry on it! Also if you're only having that amount the weight loss must be more than the 1-2lb a week they reckon it will be.

The only way to lose weight is to cut down on the calories and get some exercise and do it for life. Crash/fad diets do not work... in the long run.

Wow! That is very low calorie wise. Most people's basal metabolic rate (ie the amount of calories your body needs to function whilst you do nothing) is higher than that!! I'm not surprised people find it hard to maintain their weight lose on this - your body's going into to starvation mode!

Latest posts

Back