Do Presenters choose their own outfits......always or??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I once saw Marverine on a Marla Wynn show wearing the clothes and she looked really good. I think it might have been the proper fabrics Marla uses. A big difference from wearing those nylon stretchy clothes which just look a mess on Marv. I have seen Debbie look nice in some Q clothes, she had on a blue dress not so long ago that really suited her but she definitely needs to steer clear of calf length culottes, oh and white crop leggings as well - a particularly nasty look on her.
CC

Holy Kamoli - I am off sick from work at the moment so am happening to watch the morning show. What the hell is Kathy Tayler wearing???? She cannot possibly have picked that outfit herself, it is truly ghastly. In fact, very unusually for her, she looks a bigger sight than DF in that flip flop outfit.

CC

Holy Kamoli - I am off sick from work at the moment so am happening to watch the morning show. What the hell is Kathy Tayler wearing???? She cannot possibly have picked that outfit herself, it is truly ghastly. In fact, very unusually for her, she looks a bigger sight than DF in that flip flop outfit.

CC

Get your pen and paper ready CC to take down the order number you wouldn't want to miss it when it comes up! LOL

I have noticed that Kathy Tayler does look huge in some outfits, particularly dresses. She looks much slimmer in fitted trousers/jeans and jackets. Unfortunately though she does seem to go for big floaty clothes which doesn't do her any favours.

Just turned on to see and she is now behind a counter so I can't see the full affect but that top is in a hideous print.

Dearie, dearie, dearie, I saw the bottom half and it wasn't nice. Tight black leggings that were showing up cellulite. I don't have the slimmest legs in history but they surely have mirrors at QVC. Whoever told Kathy to go on air dressed like that is having a serious laugh - I bet NO ONE bought that top and Kathy can look a whole lot better than that.

CC

True about the Quacker clothes (a big no no) but I do like some of Yong Kim if worn on the right presenter or model!!
Just surprised at the lack of style of some of the presenters - suppose maybe they think they look good in what their wearing!!? :mysmilie_7:

Have to agree with you. Most of the time the presenters look good and stylish e.g. Jackie and Catherine in particular! Just don't get why you would dress on TV looking rather shabby unless you had been forced to etc. Hence my question of who decides ???

I once saw poor Jilly STUFFED into an oh-so-slim dress, I forget who makes them but we have commented on here about how they cling to the models and reveal thong outlines! Poor Jilly looked like a size 20 shoved into a size 12, about 8 months pregnant. The dress clung right round her stomach, hiding nothing, then cut in very tight underneath it and round the thighs. It just looked terrible and I felt really sorry for her. No way would you choose to wear that yourself. But surely to goodness someone else behind the scenes could see what I could see and should have put her in something else??

I doubt Jill Franks wears QVC Fashion, well it wouldn't fit her for one.

I have noticed quite a few people asking about tops she is wearing and can they buy from QVC?[/
QUOTE]

Really ???????? are sleeves with holes in all the rage then ???

Yes really!! I was one who asked a few weeks back about a plain three quarter sleeve top with some metallic detail on the neckline that she was wearing... no holes at the shoulder as I thought it was quite nice.

CC

Couldn't agree more.The word Ghastly just doesn't do it justice. Surely Kathy had to be ordered to wear that horror.It made her look old and frumpy.

Followed by the Fashion Outlet Show which was full of the same .Ugh !For once there were real reductions but even if they gave those horrible creations away they couldn't get rid of them......

Yes, it's called Candycane's mum syndrome. Some years ago I had to say "mum, you're 77 years old and you will never be a size 10 again. Now put your fat away and wear a size 14" and she did and looks so much better. No straining buttons, no fat rolls bulging out round the middle with not enough fabric to cover them. Mum buys her clothes from Next and M&S and has never, and would never, dress like an "old lady", but one does need to come to terms with reality. Even Julia Roberts.

Please don't think I was cruel to mum because I gave myself the very same talking to lol.

CC

I'm so pleased you did CC because one day this will be you, we all have it to look forward to, unless you are a naturally skinny person, who can eat like a horse and still be skinny - and that's not me, and never was.

I always think Kathy looks ill or very tired, no matter how many times I watch her.

As for the outfits, I commented elsewhere on here about thos (to my mind) horrendous harem trousers, she wore them and sorry ladies, but unless you are very tall and slim - no-one should wear those, I can't imagine what designers think about when they design harem pants. I didn't even think the slim 5'10" models looked good in them - and you know they look good in just about everything.:mysmilie_11::mysmilie_8:

I would love to know what the models say backstage before putting the "stylish" outfits on!

I'm so pleased you did CC because one day this will be you, we all have it to look forward to, unless you are a naturally skinny person, who can eat like a horse and still be skinny - and that's not me, and never was.

There's no one day about it - it is me now - did I detect a little something in your tone? I did used to be a size 8 until 45 plus, then it just went a little downhill - same as mum actually who did manage to keep her size until her 50's.

CC

Cleavage Sutton always picks her dresses where her knockers are barely contained, they're like to bald convicts trying to escape especially today on the Lunchtime show.

I would love to know what the models say backstage before putting the "stylish" outfits on!

I have always thought that especially if they do other work that is streets ahead of Q ... and also wondered if they ever buy anything to wear!!

With regard to Julia Roberts "fuller figure", especially around her middle. I'm no fan but don't forget that she does have Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia and the drugs could be causing her to have weight issues. Believe me, I know. I'm on and off steroids and I can't keep track of what size I'm going to be from one month to the next! Having said that, she was wearing a Yong Kim "thing" the other week and it was hilarious. I've never seen such a hideous garment in all my life. I can't think that she would have chosen to wear it and, in fact, none of that range would be flattering for her shape and size. I'd look like Mr Blobby emerging from a sack!

Julia has the same issues as a lot of us so she's actually in a good position to sell to middle-aged fatties. The first thing she should do is go up 2 or 3 sizes, just as the rest of us would do.

Julia has the same issues as a lot of us so she's actually in a good position to sell to middle-aged fatties. The first thing she should do is go up 2 or 3 sizes, just as the rest of us would do.

Wish I could go up 2 or 3 sizes! My weight jumps up and down so much I've no idea what size I am until I struggle to get it over my head and realise it won't go any further down my body. This "middle-aged fattie" doesn't buy clothing from QVC though.

Generally, I think if you want to look slimmer, no matter your weight, you're better going for a more streamlined look (and good foundation garments). It works for me.

On the other hand, appearing slimmer isn't necessarily everyone's priority. Comfort could be the #1 aspect, and if you feel comfortable, that could be what gives you confidence and makes you feel and look good.

My personal view is that leggings are for lounging around at home, or going to the gym, not appearing on TV expecting me to part with my money. I don't think I'm imagining that the only ones who do this are Debbie and Julia. IMO it looks unprofessional.

Being a model I've no doubt it is an occupational hazard to wear dreadful clothing and try to make it look fabulous. I have no doubt that they've all been asked to wear as bad or worse than the worst of QVC's fashions. Even within what you get offered on QVC, if you choose carefully, you can get some nice pieces that attract compliments and make you feel wonderful.

The problem is that often the items you think will cover up a multitude of sins don't - they emphasise what you want hidden, or give you a whole new complex about a part of you which you may have previously been happy about!

Latest posts

Back