Do Presenters choose their own outfits......always or??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glittergirl

Registered Shopper
Can't help but notice recently how some Presenters are wearing pretty unflattering clothes and makes them look quite shabby! Sorry, but that's my opinion and can the powers at be not see this!!!? Or maybe it's just me???

Who really wears some of these garments - get the Style Police on them NOW!!! :mysmilie_17:

If they are wearing the clothes they are trying to sell then they will look unfashionable as they don't sell fashionable clothes on Q it's mostly trashy nylon stuff from the U.S.A..

I doubt Jill Franks wears QVC Fashion, well it wouldn't fit her for one.

I have noticed quite a few people asking about tops she is wearing and can they buy from QVC?

I think they pick their own because you often hear them say things like "I very nearly chose to wear this" or "I was looking at the rail of clothes before the show and chose this" but let's face it, you're never going to look glamorous in a Quacker Factory sweatshirt or a Yong Kim creased, sorry crinkle, top.

If Q sold half decent " fashion " then I suppose being able to choose their own would be a perk of the job but seeing as most of their so called fashion is dire, then I bet the presenters groan when they have to do clothes shows. I know I would.
As for their fashion buyers and stylists, well I think the whole bunch should be sacked.

Julia said the before the Diane Gilman show they go through the jeans and pick out the styles that suit her so I don't know why she doesn't wear them but sticks with the Max Wall look that is so unflattering. She was also wearing a top the other day and joked that as she had picked it first she got the small and the model had to wear a larger size, to be fair it was a very baggy style but I don't understand why she is so obsessed with claiming she's small.

I have noticed quite a few people asking about tops she is wearing and can they buy from QVC?[/
QUOTE]

Really ???????? are sleeves with holes in all the rage then ???

I have noticed quite a few people asking about tops she is wearing and can they buy from QVC?[/
QUOTE]

Really ???????? are sleeves with holes in all the rage then ???

No idea, but its usually what top make was Jill wearing it was pink. Do QVC sell it? So it seems people do like and want them. QVC take note.

I did hear Julia say she will never be a size 10 again a few days ago,think reality is starting to set in.

Yes, it's called Candycane's mum syndrome. Some years ago I had to say "mum, you're 77 years old and you will never be a size 10 again. Now put your fat away and wear a size 14" and she did and looks so much better. No straining buttons, no fat rolls bulging out round the middle with not enough fabric to cover them. Mum buys her clothes from Next and M&S and has never, and would never, dress like an "old lady", but one does need to come to terms with reality. Even Julia Roberts.

Please don't think I was cruel to mum because I gave myself the very same talking to lol.

CC

Julia is petite IRL but the big boobs can give the look of being bigger. Over the past couple of years her waist has thickened and tummy is rounder because that's what happens over 50, it's happening to me! I can't be @rsed chasing an unobtainable flat tummy because even as a size 4 in my teens it wasn't flat and on the whole I'm happy with my body (apart from the aches and pains).

I think as a point of principle, the women presenters have to wear at least one piece of clothing from any clothing range they are presenting. Generally, it's the same for shoes and jewellery.

Debbie Flint clearly overdid it for her show the other night and looked drowned in baggy (shapeless) garments which did not go together. More is not better, Debs, and no you don't qualify as a style guru in a saggy cardi, flappy gauchos and a tunic top, sorry!

Debbie always seems to wear QVC fashion for any hour she presents, but enough with the bliddy leggings and white peep-toe wedges!

I don't think I've ever seen Ali Young in any of Q's fashion - anyone else seen such a thing? Mind you, I'd like to know where she does shop so I can avoid it :mysmilie_514:

Julia tends to wear Q fashion, as do Kathy, Ann and Marverine - all with varying degrees of success.

Jill, Choe, Jackie and Jilly only seem to wear Q's wares when they are forced into it by the show they are presenting. I can just imagine Jill, Choe and Jackie ripping off whatever they've worn as if it was on fire at the end of the show. Easy-going Jilly usually sticks with what she's in unless doing another, different, show later.

I've no idea what Sara Griffiths wears - she's on mute or I change channels quickly when she's on.

Claire, Catherine and Ali K seem to choose dresses, and usually look quite nice, as they seem to go for the nicer items unless they've got to wear something else.

Hard to tell with Pipa what she's wearing.

maymorganlondon;79990 I don't think I've ever seen Ali Young in any of Q's fashion - anyone else seen such a thing? Mind you said:
A choice for you may, an old Dallas/Dynasty costume trailer if you want the huge shoulder look or TentsRUs for the rest.

I think she's had a fashion by-pass. She by-passes fashion and heads straight for the Equestrian department - not quite Q were hoping for when she took over Beauty methinks !

claire and chloe look good in qvc fashion. they are good at picking clothes that actually suit them. julia looks the worse but thats because she still at her prime age does not understand her shape and what would flatter her. if you have thin pin legs and a large tummy she should balance the bottom to suit the top. a straight leg would stop her looking like max wall.

I'm not a DBF fan (putting it mildly) but at least she does wear their fashion. Whoever put her in that sloppy cardi outfit needs to be sacked. Where are QVC's professional stylists when they need them? God love them, I forgot - they have Micael.

Latest posts

Back