Do rubber knickers work?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As we are all opening up and confessing................. wearing one of my first all-in-ones was an extremely painful and eye watering experience, there were no press studs between the crotch, they were........ hooks and eyes ! yep! (and this was in the days before Brazilians, Hollywoods, Brightons, Broadstairs (?) whatever .. know what I mean ??? got myself in a right tangle or two I can tell you. Never again.

This has got to be the funniest post of 2015 ! It's given me a real belly-laugh, thank you !

Can't say I have tried the rubber knickers, but as a bloke with a 32-inch waist that's probably a good thing! I do recall a few years ago they had some so-called "shapewear" hour during which they showed some rather dramatic "before" and "after" demos. Whenever their plus-sized models groaningly yanked off their rubber / spandex corsets / knickers there were the inevitable horrendous muffin midriffs and bulges spilling out like giant dumpling hernias for all to see! Not great viewing for tea time, I seem to recall. One woman had cellulite that resembled a small sack of grapefruits just materialising - "ping!" out of nowhere. It was one of those hours that should have come with an age rating and warning. It was like an 80s "video nasty!" Better do diet / exercise / liposuction, I fear than squashing in all the flab in what must be torturous corset-like undergarments.

I almost watched it through my fingers with embarrassment... a bit like this terribly brilliant / awful 80s film! (lol!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbwoGYxKEf8

Last edited:
Only a bloke could describe the female form and all its failings, so beautifully ! (I'm still laughing at the 'not great teatime viewing' comment! )

Don't waste money on shapewear - I could have bought a Ferrari with the money I've spent on this nonsense. Slim & Lift? I bought the originals and of course the fat just came out over the top - looked like I had a swimming ring on under my top (as my EX husband pointed out). Then the ones that come right up under the bra - and roll right down again giving you that swimming ring effect in tandem. Rolls of fat and rolls of fabric. So onto the all in ones that just creep up your bum when you walk and takes every bit of willpower you ever had not to "hoik it out - very attractive lol. What's next? Maybe something that comes right up over my head and makes me look like Morph - but at least I'd look thin - not!

CC

Only a bloke could describe the female form and all its failings, so beautifully ! (I'm still laughing at the 'not great teatime viewing' comment! )

I feel decidely queasy even recalling watching that hour. Just imaging if Charlie Brook had been presenting, he'd have no doubt done his trademark "slow reveal;" "Now take... a look...at this..." (yanks off rubber knickers to see roll after roll of compressed flab just flobber out all over the place, engulfing him like an all-consuming giant blancmange)! Although I thought it was good to use people with genuine weight issues, rather than the usual slender beanpoles that barely have any fat, it hardly made for pleasant viewing. Personally I'd much rather they kept their lardy flaps under wraps!

Julius, remember my mantra: "it's got to go somewhere" (the fat, that is). Over the past 5 minutes I've laughed so much at the posts on this thread I've now got stomach-ache. The image conjured up by your post doesn't bear thinking about!:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19:

I almost watched it through my fingers with embarrassment... a bit like this terribly brilliant / awful 80s film! (lol!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbwoGYxKEf8[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Back