Do you find LE stuff harsh?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rozzy

Registered Shopper
I used to buy a lot of LE but not so now. I'm not going to talk about the change in C&P because it's been so well covered but I was wondering if any of you find her stuff a bit harsh and too strong?
I'm using the shower stuff and the handwash atm but the smell nearly blows yer socks off! It's too strong and a bit like flyspray:thinking:
Likewise, the superbalm and the superskin oil, it just all seems a bit harsh:call:

I rarely use her stuff now-although my teenage son uses it,and has good results from it.

I suffer from rosecea so I do find the cloths a bit harsh on my face no matter how much I wash and soften them.

other than that,I don't really use or haven't used any of her other stuff other than the basics - so can't really comment on the smell etc

I don't use LE products as I had a horrendous allergic reaction to the Orange Flower Bodywash.

I really hate the smell of the moisturiser, gave them away when I used the brand way back. Read somewhere it smelt of sandalwood, no it didn't! I love the smell of sandalwood so I know.

I can't stand the smell of either of the moisturisers, which is a shame because I like the textures. Whatever the essential oils are in the skin repair, I don't like them, and the supposedly fragrance free Superskin has a really weird 'fatty' smell that makes me gag. My husband had some dry skin on his cheeks so I gave him a small pot of Superskin to try and he said he had to wash it off by lunchtime because it smelt like lard!
I don't find the range harsh but I've sadly lost a lot of trust in the brand since the sell-out to Avon and the way they handled the ingredient change in Cleanse and Polish.

Natural ingredients don't always mean gentle results IYSWIM. Many plants, leaves, their scents etc can cause irritation, some herbs and plants from warm climes contain very pungent and strong oils etc etc. I'm not suggesting LE uses this sort of flora but her inference is very clear.

barring the origional body wash, eyebrite and toner,moisturiser her range has extremely strong herbal smells.

the first time i bought a tsv i was really shocked at how strong it all is. in fact i contacted liz earle and they swopped some of the worst offenders the body wash (energising) and hip and thigh gel are very strong.

over the years though i have got used to them and like most of the range. dont find it that good vfm now though maybe the avon merge will bring the prices down.

I first tried LE years ago when it was in the peach packaging as my skin was all over the place and sensitive but using it made it worse. I didn't get on too well with the skin repair, didn't like the consistency and smell. The C&P with muslin cloth made me break out and my skin became very sore. I do use muslin cloths with other cleansers and don't get that reaction.

About a couple of years ago I thought I would give LE another go but nothing's changed.
I couldn't understand for ages why the hand cream and botanical body cream made me itch and why was my skin drier within 15mins of using it and can only put it down to them both containing talc of all things!

Heaven knows why talc (which is moisture absorbing) is used in these creams - cheap filler perhaps? :wonder:

The body wash I found drying too.

I can't abide the smell of the superskin range - apart from the eye and lip treatment and superskin moistuiser which are fragrance free.

I love the smell of the energising range though - gorgeous but I never really buy it.

Ooo I adore botanical essence too - I'm on my fourth bottle now :)

I've never had problems using the range, I stopped using it November 2009 but, I had a major reaction to the Orange Flower handwash, gave me awful rashes. I did question with them before why they used talc and was told it was to leave a matt finish, it was the hand cream I questioned.

The only thing I use from the range now is the foot scrub.

I also found the bodywash very drying. I purchased the superskin eyecream (from John Lewis) and it lasted me about 5/6 weeks! I tried the bodycream but disliked the smell. I think this is the beginning of a lot of changes (Avon sell out) and I wouldn't be surprised if she brings another range (more expensive, of course) sometime in the future.

I used to love her stuff but I've just been upstairs and washed my hands with the handwash and it really is so astringent. I'll stick to the Palmolive Sublime Moisturising handwash that I get from Asda, it's absolutely beautiful and so softening on the skin, under £2 a bottle too and the coconut shower cream is beautiful at £1 a bottle:flower:

I don't find any of the range harsh, I am using the handwash at the moment and ithas helped clear a horrible rash I developed from using stardrops cleaner withou tgloves in a recent cleaning binge. I don't like the superskin moisturiser and don't like it's supposedly unscented smell either, but my favourite body wash is the men's one. I keep it in the bathroom supposedly for my teenage son, however I frequently use it too:smirk:
I still like the range but decided after the C&P debacle not to buy anymore,once my current not insubstantial stash is used up. I have found it quite liberating to not wonder what will come in a TSV etc. I am using the A'kin rosehip oil and cellular complex duo at the moment, and absolutely love it-I don't seem to need any moisturiser over the top and it isn't at all greasy. I seem to have a bit of a 'glow' back on my skin-having said that, my health has been much better this last month or so, so it may be just due to that!

Latest posts

Back