Doll10 TSV 10/02/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine came today as well! First thoughts were that the foundation would be a wrong shade for me - it is not yellow like I thought. I think it is neutral which is ok for me - I can get away with either but prefer yellower ones really. I ordered the fair - glad I did. When I first put it on looked a little off as I'm not used to dewy foundations. After a few minutes it sunk in properly and looks really good! It said to mix with bbdrops but I didn't. I just put on the Bb then the foundation on top. The foundation doesnt seem to be a high coverage.. but I suppose it is buildable. The concealer is lovely, & has slight yellower tone than foundation but it works well and blends nicely with good coverage.. I don't think they would last all day though - possibly 5-6 hours so probably would need touching up in some areas. I do think it makes you look youthful. You can definitely feel you have it on though - I put on a moisturiser on before the bb & foundation with and I don't think they worked well together - will have to try with different moisturiser tomorrow.
The lipstick I thought would be too bright but it gorgeous! So moisturising too! Seems quite long lasting and the lipgloss is nice too - both very comfortable wearing, not drying at all. The blush is slightly bright as I am fair so I have to only use a little bit it livens up the face well and goes well with the lipstick and gloss. Still visible on my cheeks after at least 6 hours. The brush that came with it is smaller than I thought it would be but it is very soft which I like! I used a stippling, tapping on action like Doris said to apply and found this it gave a better effect than using my fingers.
I will be trying it all again tomorrow but it is a keeper so far! :mysmilie_59:

Last edited:
Seems I'm the only one who find this foundation very thick and Cakey - felt like it was troweled on when I'd only used the smallest amount, and found the concealer even thicker - I must be an " au natrel " girl - I'll stick with my bareskin foundation ( 1-2 drops)

doll 10 just doesn't do it for me ( but the foundation brush is fab for my bareskin foundation ;) )

Suppose we're all different

Seems I'm the only one who find this foundation very thick and Cakey - felt like it was troweled on when I'd only used the smallest amount, and found the concealer even thicker - I must be an " au natrel " girl - I'll stick with my bareskin foundation ( 1-2 drops)

doll 10 just doesn't do it for me ( but the foundation brush is fab for my bareskin foundation ;) )

Suppose we're all different

I have the bare skin foundation too and that thought did cross my mind when I first saw the brush and opened it. I don't have the BM brush they say to use with it. I usually use my fingers or the Real techniques buffing brush but will have to try out this doll 10 brush with the bare skin now!

I have the bare skin foundation too and that thought did cross my mind when I first saw the brush and opened it. I don't have the BM brush they say to use with it. I usually use my fingers or the Real techniques buffing brush but will have to try out this doll 10 brush with the bare skin now!

I put the one or two drops on the back of my hand and use the doll 10 brush to buff it in my skin - works for me

I tried this kit properly today side by side with Laura Geller and Laura wins hands down for me. The side I applied LG to looked definitely brighter and lifted. The Doll 10 was duller and greasy so I did another test and pressed a tissue to each side and some Doll 10 transferred on it - the oil (although it's oil free) and the pigment and LG didn't transfer. It's not a keeper for me and I'm sending it back on Monday.

I tried it properly today too.
The foundation is definitely too dark on me even though I got Fair. It makes my skin look dull & a bit jaundiced although greasy at the same time. If I put powder over to take down the shine it looks thick & trowelled on as jordie said.
I do like the lipstick, blusher & brush. The drops, not sure, prefer Laura's especially the one in the last kit. Not sure if it's worth keeping incase I get some colour in summer ( unlikely) but probably not. I can see the concealer would be good if the right colour for you as it's very covering but it's too yellow on me.

On me, the light is a perfect match so the concealer and foundation are perfect. Not tried the bb drops yet. Blush, lippy and gloss are lovely. Used Mally primer underneath and face defender on top. Mally eye-shadow, eyeliner, mascara and brows.

Love the Doll 10 TSV as it had no mascara and eyeliner I did not need.

I know I'm like a broken record but if the foundation colour suits you but feels too claggy definitely try buffing away the excess with a clean brush. The first time I tried it it felt as though it was too much coverage for my skin. It's difficult to apply less product, you need enough to blend so buffing seem to take off the excess. That said it seems an economical foundation for me. My second TSV in Fair arrived and sure enough it looks as good as the Light on my weird chameleon skin so I'll use the Fair in winter and the light in summer. I don't need to powder on top other than on my cheeks if I want to apply a powder blusher. I might pick up a medium mini-concealer from ebay to contour with if I see one going for a song.

Agree about the mascara in every TSV comment WG, nice to have a TSV without one for a change.

I know I'm like a broken record but if the foundation colour suits you but feels too claggy definitely try buffing away the excess with a clean brush. The first time I tried it it felt as though it was too much coverage for my skin. It's difficult to apply less product, you need enough to blend so buffing seem to take off the excess. That said it seems an economical foundation for me. My second TSV in Fair arrived and sure enough it looks as good as the Light on my weird chameleon skin so I'll use the Fair in winter and the light in summer. I don't need to powder on top other than on my cheeks if I want to apply a powder blusher. I might pick up a medium mini-concealer from ebay to contour with if I see one going for a song.

Agree about the mascara in every TSV comment WG, nice to have a TSV without one for a change.

Akimbo if you can remind me how to send you a PM, I may be able to help with the medium concealer rather than going to ebay.

Latest posts

Back