Doll10 TSV 10/02/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pandora, what brand do you think is “superior” so to speak, LG or Doll 10? Perhaps I should save my money but something tells me I won’t be disappointed with Doll 10.

Sorry Marina as I've only just noticed your post. I think both brands are on a par really but I like some LG products better than Doll10 and vice versa. I prefer Laura's baked shadows better as the colour payoff and staying power is better on me, but the Doll 10 concealer has better coverage than Laura's. I haven't tried Doll10's version of primer yet so can't comment on that, but I would say that Doll10's brushes are superior to Laura's and I've found both brands' packaging sturdy. Not sure if any of this helps, at the end of the day a lot is down to personal preference so I would say to try it, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I fancy a try of this, and have never used this brand before, if I use medium beige in Bare minerals would I need to go for the medium in this range does anyone know? Thanks for your help x

Yes I think that would probably be a good choice for you. There is a video on the qvcuk website on the doll 10 foundation page of a previous presentation - the shades are also watched on the hand. The lightest shade is fair and Gisela wears that in the video. I would also like a comparison to BM shades. I am fairly light/ golden fair in BM, fair in Mally and LG but B&B is a hair dark for me in Fair but porcelain is too light. Doris wears Light herself in Doll 10. I think I would be fair myself in Doll 10. I wonder which shade Ali Young will wear? looking at the video - the swatch of 'fair' seems to have a more yellower tone which I know many don't like but is good for me. She says it is for the 'Nicole kidmam's' of the world but Nicole isn't actually that pale anymore! The rest of the shades look more neutral toned. I have never used it so I could be wrong but that's what it looks like from the video :)

Many thanks Bella Bambina, I shall watch the video later and see what I think, but certainly do fancy giving this Tsv ago, hope it does not sell out too quickly, before I get chance to order mine as I would like to see it on air before ordering

I was also thinking about it selling out early as this is a mid week TSV and they may not bring much stock so hoping to order before the launch or in the morning repeat hour before going to work.

This looks a smashing TSV to me, a good price to try out a new range. However I have just had a "cancellation" hospital appt so could be away for a couple of days and cannot bear the thought of trying to track down the parcel! So my money is safe.

Well I have done that in the past (friends as have no relatives within striking distance) but sometimes when the driver comes and they are out, they then get stuck with trying to rearrange etc etc. and it has caused a bit of tension so now I just rely on myself really! Never mind, I am sure there will be a post operative TSV I like! Plus I do have a stash of LG to work through!!!!!

Can Q put it on hold and dispatch later on your request?
All the best from me too Mazza.

It used to be possible to have a package delivered to a local post office for a charge of about 50p, might be worth asking. Even though it may be sent by courier they may accept it. Or you might be able to have it delivered to a local Hermes collection shop (near me that's a Spar, a newsagent or petrol station) so there'll be someone there to sign for it most time of the day Years ago I had CS hold a despatch until I was home from my holidays but I'm not sure they'd agree to that now. After that I used the "pay by cheque" option so i could wait a week before changing the payment to my credit card. I miss "cheque hold" it was v useful being able to read reviews before completing payment for a TSV.

Thanks for the suggestions! I have decided to save my cash this time but they are ideas that never occurred to me and well worth bearing in mind. Certainly if it was the big annual AD Yankee TSV I would be trying very hard to work around it.

Sorry to be a nuisance, do you mean staying power, coverage or something else, I just don’t want to be sending it back.

All of it for me - the coverage & staying power defiantly. I like Doll10 though, don't get me wrong. I just prefer Laura Geller.

I think I'll give it a go too, and I agree about the brow and brush being very good. I have blonde eyebrows and it's the only brow product I've been able to use that doesn't look silly.

There is a video on the qvcuk website on the doll 10 foundation page of a previous presentation - the shades are also watched on the hand.
I watched the Foundation video a few times now but didn't see it swatched on the hand. I understand it was a previous presentation but don't understand how to get to it. I don't suppose you could post the link to the above mentioned video bella_bambina?

Me too, I'm very tempted and would appreciate a link to the video too if at all possible! Thank you ��

Ah, found it, you have to tap on the picture for the video tab to appear!

Think she just illustrates one shade on the back of her hand, but there's a long close-up of the bottles if that
helps with looking at different shades and choosing colour. I'm still torn between light and fair...maybe a live presentation will help me decide!

http://www.qvcuk.com/Doll10-Hydra-F....205905.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-15-_-205905

Latest posts

Back