Dressing gowns/bathrobes?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Generally I've bought Bonmarche nightwear (sorry) as for me they were votyon, but I've noticed this year they too have gone down the fleece route. Too hot for me I already throw off the duvet when I wear my long T shirts.

I know this has nothing to do with housecoats per se, but my nan used to wear a nylon overall on top of her clothes when she was doing the housework or cooking in the kitchen - In fact I seem to remember her donning a pinny as well if she was cooking. I think it stopped at her generation as my mum never wore one, nor did any of my friends mums but I do remember if we ever visited my friend's nan she'd often open the door wearing one of these acrylic overalls.

I know this has nothing to do with housecoats per se, but my nan used to wear a nylon overall on top of her clothes when she was doing the housework or cooking in the kitchen - In fact I seem to remember her donning a pinny as well if she was cooking. I think it stopped at her generation as my mum never wore one, nor did any of my friends mums but I do remember if we ever visited my friend's nan she'd often open the door wearing one of these acrylic overalls.
LoL my granny in Kent did this 👍👍

My Mum wore cotton floral wrap over aprons with big pockets at the front. I must admit I have a couple of patterned chef style aprons but that`s because I`m a messy cook. I tend to be a bit heavy handed when I`m mixing , chopping or beating stuff and have a habit of decorating the kitchen cupboard doors with whatever I`m making.
Going back to nightwear I love Lands End suprima nightdresses, the midi length ones with short sleeves, they do others including petite sizes and plus sizes and a long sleeved version. They aren`t cheap but they`re often on offer or the website is doing a discount code. They wash and wash and wash and never shrink or fade and they just seem to last forever. They keep their shape, no wonky hems or baggy necklines or sleeves and seem to last forever. Hardly sexy looking more utility style lol but comfortable as hell.

My Mum wore cotton floral wrap over aprons with big pockets at the front. I must admit I have a couple of patterned chef style aprons but that`s because I`m a messy cook. I tend to be a bit heavy handed when I`m mixing , chopping or beating stuff and have a habit of decorating the kitchen cupboard doors with whatever I`m making.
Going back to nightwear I love Lands End suprima nightdresses, the midi length ones with short sleeves, they do others including petite sizes and plus sizes and a long sleeved version. They aren`t cheap but they`re often on offer or the website is doing a discount code. They wash and wash and wash and never shrink or fade and they just seem to last forever. They keep their shape, no wonky hems or baggy necklines or sleeves and seem to last forever. Hardly sexy looking more utility style lol but comfortable as hell.
interesting I hadn’t thought of Lands End👍👍

Many years ago I got a nightdress and matching robe from Pippa Dee, anyone remember them? My mum always borrowed the robe to take on holiday as it was cotton and lightweigh. It lasted years and never faded.

Many years ago I got a nightdress and matching robe from Pippa Dee, anyone remember them? My mum always borrowed the robe to take on holiday as it was cotton and lightweigh. It lasted years and never faded.
I recall my mum's pippa dee parties many moons ago. Used to really enjoy them, cant recall what I may have bought though. Happy memories!

I recall my mum's pippa dee parties many moons ago. Used to really enjoy them, cant recall what I may have bought though. Happy memories!
There's a thread about Pippa dee parties in the drop, I posted it earlier in the year, might be worth a look for the laughs and memories!

Thank you!
Managed to find long sleeved, mid calf length jersey cotton nightdresses with 50% discount
These days everything seems to be in man made fibres which I cannot wear
Give me comfortable breathable fabric any time :)

Pippa Dee 😀 There's a blast from the past. I remember going to one of these parties with a friend of a friend. Can't remember what I bought but I do remember there were canapes and wine and it was all very sophisticated. I must have been quite young as it was quite intimidating!

CC

I remember Pippa Dee,wasn’t George Davies who started Next, Per Una, George at Asda involved with Pippa Dee? Now I am trawling the depths of distant memories so could be completely wrong.

Latest posts

Back