Dressing gowns/bathrobes?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
Just putting this out there for feedback/suggestions.
I have for the past several months, been looking for a lovely feminine bathrobe, preferably towelling and also a dressing gown/housecoat that we used to see a lot. Instead all we see on QVC and elsewhere these ugly very bulky fleecy type oversized cover ups/blankets. Why? Maybe have one for very cold nights if you choose not to have heating on (not me) these are ugly and if you have balance problems downright dangerous. I just switched Q on this morning and there they are again.
The days if being and looking feminine seem to be over, such a shame. Meantine I still look for a lively towelling bathrobe that does not say “one size” as well as a beautiful classy dressing gown/housecoat.

It's almost impossible to get a towelling bathrobe these days, they all seem to be that plush fleece material, anything remotely feminine is lacy or satiny which is not very practical or warm enough for the season. Housecoats? I haven't seen one of those for years. Carole Hochman on QVC I would've thought was a good bet but checking out her range it seems that she's gone down the fleece/satin route. It might be worth checking out the website "not on the highstreet" they've got a huge range of robes, they're not the cheapest but they're a bit different.

It's almost impossible to get a towelling bathrobe these days, they all seem to be that plush fleece material, anything remotely feminine is lacy or satiny which is not very practical or warm enough for the season. Housecoats? I haven't seen one of those for years. Carole Hochman on QVC I would've thought was a good bet but checking out her range it seems that she's gone down the fleece/satin route. It might be worth checking out the website "not on the highstreet" they've got a huge range of robes, they're not the cheapest but they're a bit different.
yes done all that hence my post. Some places still call them housecoats of course. I did see one beauty that I liked but it was almost £200 which I’m not prepared to spend.

Just putting this out there for feedback/suggestions.
I have for the past several months, been looking for a lovely feminine bathrobe, preferably towelling and also a dressing gown/housecoat that we used to see a lot. Instead all we see on QVC and elsewhere these ugly very bulky fleecy type oversized cover ups/blankets. Why? Maybe have one for very cold nights if you choose not to have heating on (not me) these are ugly and if you have balance problems downright dangerous. I just switched Q on this morning and there they are again.
The days if being and looking feminine seem to be over, such a shame. Meantine I still look for a lively towelling bathrobe that does not say “one size” as well as a beautiful classy dressing gown/housecoat.
Might fit the housecoat requirement …?

Might fit the housecoat requirement …?
Not for me, also too plain, and it’s Bonmarche say no more 🤣🤣

Cyber Jammies do some lovely dressing gowns. Not cheap though. They do all styles and fabrics.

White Company do nice Robes and make some for M&S at a very reduced price

I have some beautiful robes from Long Tall Sally, but no good if you’re not over 5’ 10”!

They’re velour, hooded, and elegant which is lucky as I live in them!

But as someone said White Company have some nice ones depending on your budget!

Ditto Cologne and Cotton

ooh some of these are nice, I need 22 when I’ve managed to get any they don’t fit other than clise fit, I like them loose.
I’ve had a couple and sent them back wrong sizing also not good quality. I like a towelling robe bcause I would rather wear one than a towel after my shower, been that way for many years.

ooh some of these are nice, I need 22 when I’ve managed to get any they don’t fit other than clise fit, I like them loose.

I’ve had a couple and sent them back wrong sizing also not good quality. I like a towelling robe bcause I would rather wear one than a towel after my shower, been that way for many years.
Are Evans still around they go up to a 32?

Latest posts

Back