EasiYo TSV?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Emmsies

Registered Shopper
Hi Everyone
I was just wondering if anybody knows what Monday's EasiYo TSV is going to be?

've been toying with the idea of trying EasiYo for a while, but can't decide whether it's worth all of the hassle, or whether to just keep buying pots of yoghurt from the supermarket..any advice or clues at all?

Hi Everyone

've been toying with the idea of trying EasiYo for a while, but can't decide whether it's worth all of the hassle, or whether to just keep buying pots of yoghurt from the supermarket..any advice or clues at all?

Lakeland are selling the EasiYo yoghurt maker for £6.99 at the moment so that's worth bearing in mind. Also, if you spend over £25 and quote E5 in the coupon code box there is free P and P.
(An irrelevant aside: the poachpods sold by Lakeland, and lots of others, are fantastic, highly recommend!)

oooh Thanks Apple, I may take a look at it all when I go into town then.

Not sure whether to hold off for the TSV anywaym, as I can send it back if I don't get on with it - if I can be bothered by then of course! haha

Lakeland are selling the EasiYo yoghurt maker for £6.99 at the moment so that's worth bearing in mind. Also, if you spend over £25 and quote E5 in the coupon code box there is free P and P.
(An irrelevant aside: the poachpods sold by Lakeland, and lots of others, are fantastic, highly recommend!)

Also the Lakeland ones set for me, as the yogurts I have bought via QVC don't set and turn our runny.

Hi Everyone

Hi Emmsies,

I have had an Easiyo from QVC for some time and it has been one of my best buys. It is so easy and no hassle at all. I sometimes buy the packets form QVC or from Holland and Barrett. I have only failed with it once and I emailed Easiyo who responded almost immediately with advice. The secret to my success with it is to make it up with 800ml of tap water and 100ml of hot water - they explained that this adjustment is necessary because tap water here is colder. Ever since I have done this each batch of yogurt has been beautifully set and delicious.

Here's my experience - in summary EasiYo wins on taste but loses on cost and convenience.

Plus points for EasiYo vs. supermarket:
The packets keep for ages so they're handy if you can't get to the shops
I really like the flavour of freshly made yogurt

Minus points of EasiYo vs. supermarket:
It's more expensive (I can buy a litre/kg of natural yogurt for around £1.60)
I have very hard water with a high pH so unless I use bottled water my EasiYo often wont set
I have to buy the sachets mail order which I find a PITA

I should have said that I mainly buy Low Fat Greek and the Easiyo works out at a better price than the shop bought one.

Easiyo TSV will be 12 assorted Sachets and Storage Jar for £19.97 & P&P (Normal QVC price £24.25)

Hi Emmsies,

I have had an Easiyo from QVC for some time and it has been one of my best buys. It is so easy and no hassle at all. I sometimes buy the packets form QVC or from Holland and Barrett. I have only failed with it once and I emailed Easiyo who responded almost immediately with advice. The secret to my success with it is to make it up with 800ml of tap water and 100ml of hot water - they explained that this adjustment is necessary because tap water here is colder. Ever since I have done this each batch of yogurt has been beautifully set and delicious.

Thanks for this tip Miax In the last week two lots of Easiyo has not set for me:sad: and i think its because my tap water was too cold because after boiling some water and allowing it to cool and then using that to make some it set beautifully but i'm going to give your method a go as it saves me waiting for my boiling water to cool!! My favourite is unsweetened Greek, yummy, especially with a little strawberry fruit squirt.

Thanks for all of the tips & advice everyone. I think I'm definitely going to try EasiYo and use hot & cold water as it must be gutting when the yoghurt doesn't set properly.

Will the TSV have the yoghurt maker in it or just a storage jar? Seems strange if it doesn't, but perhaps a lot of people already have a maker?

Thanks again, you lot are great :sun:

I have the yoghurt maker and have been using it for a couple of years now, I bought it though from my independent kitchen shop when luckily it was on offer! I get the sachets from there too, also from my Julian Graves shop near me. I must look in one of the shops this week as I like the look of the new flavours. I love the yoghurt I make and have only had 1 disaster when it didn't set properly, I still ate it though, it wasn't bad enough to have to throw it away, just a bit watery, it must have been the temperature of the water I was using (can't remember the time of year it was though!).

Thanks for the tip about using a bit of boiling water with it - it made me want to do a batch tonight :tongue: as I haven't made some since before Christmas for some reason lol and I was wondering about the cold water and setting it properly.

I love Easiyo Yoghurt, it's proper tasty and convenient. I'm very very tempted by the tsv today, but we're selling up and moving to Scotland so I've put a ban on bringing anything else into the house til we go... But Greek Coconut yog is enough to make me buy, and I'm curious about the mousses.

Cheers, CountessK.

I have to admit I prefer 'proper' yoghurt makers, using milk & yoghurt cultures. Probably just cause it's what my mom always used and I don't like or trust convenience food. Have to admit they're more of a faff, take up more space and the process takes a bit longer, though.

another FAIL with my easy-yo yesterday. i used a generous dash of hot water with the cold and it still didnt set. i'm drinking it instead. ive tried EVERY combination of tips to get this sorted and i'd say a good 50% of my attempts are failures. getting very up with it.

another FAIL with my easy-yo yesterday. i used a generous dash of hot water with the cold and it still didnt set. i'm drinking it instead. ive tried EVERY combination of tips to get this sorted and i'd say a good 50% of my attempts are failures. getting very up with it.

I know the yogurt maker is supposed to be a vacuum, but at the moment when the temperature is pretty cold in the kitchen, I put it in the airing cupboard to work its magic. Works every time! Worth a try - or even wrapping it in a towel? Don't give up....

I love Easiyo, but never buy from QVC, as the price is not great if you count the P&P and the sachets are not always "fresh"
I add milk (UHT at room temp) instead of water, and even tastes better and more creamy

I love Greek yogurt and strawberry's and cream, which I usually get from Lakeland, they have a free delivery offer atm: E7 is the code.

I put mine on the floor in front of a radiator and this works for me (even with the custard ones which are notorious for not setting) :happy:

I know the yogurt maker is supposed to be a vacuum, but at the moment when the temperature is pretty cold in the kitchen, I put it in the airing cupboard to work its magic. Works every time! Worth a try - or even wrapping it in a towel? Don't give up....

the one that failed yesterday had spent the previous night next to a storage heater. i dont think its a matter of ambient temperature, i think its the product.:down:

I have gone for the TSV but I was a bit disappointed that it didn't come with a maker...plus I think you have to use one of the made up yoghurts to make the moose with, so kind of using 2 sachets to get the one dessert!

I think I'll definitely use the 'hot water' tip too

I'm actually looking forward to giving it all a go!

:grin:

Latest posts

Back