Elasticizer - opinions?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Ojon one works well on my hair, as does the one from Lush. i used to use banana pre shampoo conditioner from The Body Shop- fab but long discontinued. I agree they sound like hard work, but I like them as they don't weigh my fine hair down too much.

Wonder were Philip Kingsley has been . Havent seen his stuff or him on QVC for ages. Wonder if he"s got the push :thinking:

The last few shows were presented by a woman who works for him, no sign of PK himself for quite a while. Not the same though since Ian the stylist jumped ship.

The last few shows were presented by a woman who works for him, no sign of PK himself for quite a while. Not the same though since Ian the stylist jumped ship.

Yes were did he go. Thought he worked for him for 20 years, then "puff" and gone.
I liked him too :happy:

i like pk's stuff and the elasticizer is one of my fav products. makes my hair really bouncy and it helps it to hold the style better..

Best pre-shampoo treatment I've used is Pure Virgin Coconut Oil. I get it from a lady on eBay. Costs about £5 for 100mls and lasts around 6-8 months. You use it in the same way you would use Ojon or PK (that is to say you can put it on either dry or damp hair) leave it for as long as you can stand it then shampoo it out. It smells amazing, no chemicals in it at all and it leaves my hair very well conditioned. I've tried Elasticiser and I quite liked it. It did give my hair a boost and actually added volume to it, but I couldn't justify the expense. The Coconut oil is cheaper and works just as well, if not better!!

The elasticiser didn't do anything for my hair at all.:down: I fell for the hype, bought a large and expensive tub,used it for a month then passed it on to a friend who found no difference either. She in turn, passed it on to her daughter who HATED it. It is probably skulking in the back of someone's cupboard now..........

I use Argan oil now, a tiny drop rubbed between palms first and applied while hair is damp, leaves my ultra-fine, frizzy hair much bouncier and in good condition....

I love PK Flaky Itchy Scalp shampoo, truly fab shampoo, it's only thing that stops my scalp itching and makes my hair lovely and soft and shiny. I also like Moisture Balance conditioner but I do use others from other brands. I really wanted to like Elasticiser but on the one occasion I used it i don't think it made any difference whatsoever. I've still got a couple of sachets of it so may have another go but am not hopeful!

My sister loves the PK range so I tried the Elasticiser when I was staying once - my hair is fine and curly but goes dry and I cannot get any moisture in it to give it a smoother curl look. I used to adore Aveda Sap Moss but they stopped making it and the 'replacement' dry remedy did nothing. Have been using Macadamia oil range but that's not helping now. Liz Earle's shampoo and conditioner don't do it for me either, nor did Ojon. Hell, I can whinge!! Think it's been worse since I lost my hair through chemo and it grew back. Any suggestions??? I don't want to spend a fortune trying things out and being left with bottles almost full I do like the 30day mbg at QVC for that reason). Oh and I can't use anything with sls in - has to be natural........Thanks for any suggestions in advance!!

My sister loves the PK range so I tried the Elasticiser when I was staying once - my hair is fine and curly but goes dry and I cannot get any moisture in it to give it a smoother curl look. I used to adore Aveda Sap Moss but they stopped making it and the 'replacement' dry remedy did nothing. Have been using Macadamia oil range but that's not helping now. Liz Earle's shampoo and conditioner don't do it for me either, nor did Ojon. Hell, I can whinge!! Think it's been worse since I lost my hair through chemo and it grew back. Any suggestions??? I don't want to spend a fortune trying things out and being left with bottles almost full I do like the 30day mbg at QVC for that reason). Oh and I can't use anything with sls in - has to be natural........Thanks for any suggestions in advance!!

We were talking on another thread and quite a lot of people are getting good results from
the NAKED range, they have a website, and maybe you could try it. Not too pricey, or
see if they do travel sizes. Liz Earle is best i found , but no good for you, I also liked
Lulu"s. Some ideas, the naked range might be best regards the sls :thinking:

dont use the richard ward range the worst shampoo ever

Used to really love Aveda. It was the be all and end all of hair care as far as QVC were concerned (until they stopped selling it of course!)

Anyone tried Kerastase from salons ? always fancied trying it but can't justify the price of it.

I tried Elasticiser when it was Beauty pick of the month & found it useless. I'll probably get shot down for admitting this but, I use Treseme and get great results.

Anyone tried Kerastase from salons ? always fancied trying it but can't justify the price of it.

This is my all time fave shampoo range.Love,love,love it!
Yes,it's quite expensive but it lasts forever as you only use a little as it's quite concentrated & its not only available in salons anymore,it's widely available online.

Cheaper to buy in duos,here's a link for you http://www.gorgeousshop.co.uk/shop/kerastase-158/kerastase-packs-449/

Another goodie,is Redken and http://www.salonskincare.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/8151 have a litre size of shampoo or conditioner at a fab price x

Thanks everyone for your input. I am absolutely astounded at the negativity on the effectiveness of this product. I too am so pleased that others are getting - or not getting - the results that I am. I was also taken in by all the great reviews and hype afforded this range and wanted to like it. I don't think the ojon restorative treatment can be surpassed, and the percy and reed hair mask is also more beneficial for my hair than PK. I certainly won't be a purchaser of any product from his range, in which I am extremely disappointed. Perhaps my expectations were too high but, eveidently, others felt the same prior to purchase.

I've had the same results as everyone else, made no difference at all to my fine, very dry, curly hair.

For years I'd read about this stuff being so wonderful in magazines, so not just QVC guilty of the hype, & so I fell for it & bought the huge litre tub. Kept on using it for weeks hoping for the fabulous results promised, now the bulk of it sits on the shelf in the bathroom as I can't bring myself to throw it out with the price of it.
It didn't even work on the dogs.
I've tried using it as an after shampoo conditioner which is better but not brilliant.

I'm getting reasonable results with the new Elvive oil, does put moisture back in my hair & make it soft & shiny.

After nearly 50 years experience and an A level in science, I can tell you that very little can be done to permanently correct damaged hair, that DOESN'T involve a pair of scissors. By damaged I mean hair which has been chemically OVER processed-a poor colour choice on its' own, won't. Several attempts to rectify it, WILL. Hair which has been exposed to a mixture of chlorine and too much sun can be considered to be damaged. As a result of these accicidents to hair, if the thought of the scissors terrifies you, there are products out there which give temporary help. The bottom line is, damaged hair is porous, so can therefore absorb, TO A POINT. If hair was fully absorbant, we would all be waterlogged. The conditions I've spoken of so far are induced, the following are systemic. Hair will reflect your state of health, but you probably won't notice it at the time because hair only grows at about 1/2 an inch per month. ANY chemical in the bloodstream will eventually find its way to your hair because blood capillaries feed the hair follicle. Chemotherapy may cause the hair to fall, but often, a new, and drug free growth presents as better than the hair which has been lost. Whilst there are products which will improve the appearance of MOST hair types, there will always be those hairtypes which recieve little or no benefit from them. Generally speaking the hair type which benefits most, from any shampoo/treatment is hair which is dimentionally thicker. Those with very fine hair often find that the more "luxurious" the product, the less it will do for their hair, this is usually because it's too rich for very fine hair, thus causing it to be unmanagable, and people always use too much. When it comes to amounts used, less is always more, you can add more if necessary but remember that in the end, all those lovely bubbles end up down the drain. Whatever amount the manufacturer suggests, try half the amount first. There are some wonderful products which will make hair appear thicker, but the key word is always "appear". There was a time when a mixture of sugar in water was used to do the same thing, and I have no doubts about its efficiancy, especially now, in the days of daily hair washing, if used in the right quanties.

Latest posts

Back