Elemis Christmas TSV 15/11/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sweet floral Gardenia-like Scent. It contains both Tiare Flower (a type of gardenia) and Frangipani (another name for Plumeira flower). The Elemis Frangipani monoi reminds me of a white-floral flavour of original lypsil! Remember Lypsil? Well at least to my nose it is. In the 1980's/90's there was a perfume by Escada called Margarita Ley. The Elemis Frangipani is a dead ringer for this.

Gardenia is exactly one of the things in fragrances causing my nausea, thank you! So Frangipani is not for me. Orchid wins.:)

I find the Frangipani very heady sickly sweet, but Gardenia and lily of the valley I also class as ones to avoid in perfume. My skin tends to grabs these smells and blasts them to everyone in the room. I have to be careful with white flowers in perfume for the same reason.

It is just that I have read some reviews about e.g. the body oil and the fragrance is described as "georgeous", "great", etc. and I was not sure whether to switch or not. But with the gardenia...no thanks.:) I guess the Orchid version will also be kind of sweet (it is already in the name).

I will definitely go for the Sweet Orchid. Have we had the Frangipani before? Is it alike the monoi stuff? If it is then I am not keen , its very sickly and migraine inducing.

I will definitely go for the Sweet Orchid. Have we had the Frangipani before? Is it alike the monoi stuff? If it is then I am not keen , its very sickly and migraine inducing.

The Frangipani is correctly called "Frangipani Monoi", the already known fragrance. The Sweet Orchid is the new one.:)

There are very few shower gels I find overpowering but Frangipani is one of them for some reason. I think it is over-concentrated so it does not release the true scent IYKWIM. The only other one I can think of which is too much is the MB Purple one. That made me feel quite dizzy in the shower which amazed me.

I'm hoping for a sample of the sweet orchid in the post before the TSV. If I like it I will get it & if I don't I won't be doing. I don't like frangipani so definitely won't be getting that one. If I don't get a sample then I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet because I don't really need/want any marine creamv or cleanser and not sure about the apricot toner.

I'm hoping for a sample of the sweet orchid in the post before the TSV. If I like it I will get it & if I don't I won't be doing. I don't like frangipani so definitely won't be getting that one. If I don't get a sample then I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet because I don't really need/want any marine creamv or cleanser and not sure about the apricot toner.

I love the Frangipani range and usually get TSVs which includes it...but my OH doesn't like it !! Sometimes the Q send out cards announcing the TSV and include a sample sachet of the new body cream ...I wonder if they will do that this time also:wonder:

Yes I'd like a sample of the new fragranced products too. With the last one I did get one but it came 2 days after the TSV!

I'm the same - I want to sample the sweet orchid. I'm kind of hoping to hate it, strange as it sounds. Unlike you, I do like the frangipani, but I've got plenty of that in my cupboard. If I don't like the orchid, I won't go for the TSV. I'm now in need of a richer moisturiser than the PCMC, and I can take or leave the apricot toner. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. My number one toner love is the Clarins Extra Comfort, with Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic in second place. I like the balm, but I've got plenty of other balms to work through before I'll need any more.

I'm getting closer and closer to deciding to give this one a miss. Hope I can stick to my guns...

Hmmm? First post self-promotion; I hope you have more to contribute but welcome to the forum DIS.

Latest posts

Back