Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream - wow!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I might have to pinch that idea Miss Molly if you don't mind. I've used stuff well past it's use by date and it's been ok. If it smell off or looks weird - like some Elemis vitamin body lotion l had years ago which separated it goes in the bin. I've still got some prescriptives eye shadows and powder that has been going years and it's still going strong. As a child l remember we didn't have a fridge but a cold larder and if things smelt ok and looked ok it was used.

I still apply this to food use by dates, if it looks and smells fine then I don't worry that it's a day or two over its use by date (though it depends what it is). My kids don't have this skill, if there's a few rashers in a lock n lock box in the fridge my son will ask me to sniff and say whether it's ok to eat. They're also obsessive about these dates so I've even rubbed off (those white "it works" blocks do the job) the date off a tin of tomato soup that was at the back of a cupboard based on the fact it was only a month over and I'm not sure anything could "live" in a Heinz product :giggle: I'm sure they had tins from the WW1 on Blue Peter when I was little and the contents were still edible. It frustrates me that there are best before dates on apples and potatoes when I remember my dad wrapping and storing these over the winter when he had a bumper crop.

Powder make up lasts for donkey's years, the worst that happens is oil transferring by brush from your face to "set" the surface (even then if it's a favourite product that can't be replaced you can scrub away the surface with a dry washing up sponge (scourer side).

Jude xx (rapidly turning into a mean old git!)

I still apply this to food use by dates, if it looks and smells fine then I don't worry that it's a day or two over its use by date (though it depends what it is). My kids don't have this skill, if there's a few rashers in a lock n lock box in the fridge my son will ask me to sniff and say whether it's ok to eat. They're also obsessive about these dates so I've even rubbed off (those white "it works" blocks do the job) the date off a tin of tomato soup that was at the back of a cupboard based on the fact it was only a month over and I'm not sure anything could "live" in a Heinz product :giggle: I'm sure they had tins from the WW1 on Blue Peter when I was little and the contents were still edible. It frustrates me that there are best before dates on apples and potatoes when I remember my dad wrapping and storing these over the winter when he had a bumper crop.

Powder make up lasts for donkey's years, the worst that happens is oil transferring by brush from your face to "set" the surface (even then if it's a favourite product that can't be replaced you can scrub away the surface with a dry washing up sponge (scourer side).

Jude xx (rapidly turning into a mean old git!)

I remember on a thread a while back someone else commenting about use by/best before dates on food - they said their test was if it looked ok they'd smell it, if it smelled ok they'd see if the cat showed any interest - if the cat was prepared to eat it they'd serve it up to their other half! I thought that was hilarious.

I've only ever had three items 'go off' & they were all from Elemis,a Lime Blossom Cleanser,Milk Bath & Vitamin Body Lotion.

I'm currently using a Prescriptives compact,Pressed Powder Leaves,God knows how old it is but it's still perfect.

I've only ever had three items 'go off' & they were all from Elemis,a Lime Blossom Cleanser,Milk Bath & Vitamin Body Lotion.

I'm currently using a Prescriptives compact,Pressed Powder Leaves,God knows how old it is but it's still perfect.

Me too - also the Lime Blossom Cleanser and a Lifting Mask

Lets put it this way, they have found powder cosmetics in Egyptian tombs which are still usable!!!

Powder products will last forever, unless of course you get them wet. Then they turn into a shiny lump.

Not sure but think BE say the SPF in their foundation stops working after a year or two. But you can still use it as a foundation.

I've never entirely relied on BE foundation for its sun protection because I used to apply so very little and buff a lot. It seems an inexact measurement of spf when individuals apply the product in different amounts. I've stopped using BE because I find the finish is better with liquid foundation and Missha BB (which has an spf of 40 I think). Is it something like Titanium Dioxide in bare minerals foundations that provides the sun protection? In which case, it's a physical block rather than a chemical sun barrier and I'm not sure I understand why they think this would degrade over time and lose its effectiveness? Maybe they're just covering their corporate ass against law suits.

Jude xx

That and people rubbing their faces and sweating it off.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I must be naive/gullible listening to QVC sales spiel. I thought that a use by after opening date was due to the active ingredients deteriorating, making it less effective! :confused:

That's probably true but the % of active ingredient may be very small, I've stopped believing their magic ingredient spiel and just look for something to moisturise. If the "yoof molecule" in a product has expired I've hardly noticed any difference.

Jude xx

I did think the 4 piece kit they had was gd value as it was £33 and had the 30ml PCM in the new packaging and small cleanser and toner and 7 days worth of bliss capsules. I ordered it for my auntie for her birthday at the end of the month :clapping:

Latest posts

Back