Emma Sleep TSV 22/4/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are these the mattresses that come rolled up in a box? I find it hard to believe that they can be any good as my new mattress needed a removal van to itself. Surely a mattress needs proper springs and not just foam or those foam springs?

CC

I bought an Emma mattress, direct from Emma, after seeing it as a TSV on QVC. It was quite a bit cheaper than the QVC one because Emma had a sale so I’m glad that I waited. I’ve had it for about 6 weeks now and it’s definitely a keeper.

We just bought a new bed and it cost £1000. Yes, I know, I thought FFFFFin hell, how much? However. We went to Archers Beds in Edinburgh. We had a lovely lad approach us (he didn't know we were in to buy that day) He showed us all the "proper" mattresses, about 6 different beds, with numbers on the firm/softness (i.e. mattresses with springs - some had foam on top. Knew his stuff. Then told us about ottoman bases (never knew). I was allowed to lie on all the beds to see what suited. That lad salesman was a true gem. We decided on an almost firm mattress with a half ottoman, custom fabric, he sorted it all out, delivery, discount blah blah. Top man and he got a sale of over a grand from me. I hope he got a serious commission.

Now, compare that to buying a mattress in a box .. . . . . And if you have and you're happy then that's good. But that's not for me.

CC

I bought an Emma mattress, direct from Emma, after seeing it as a TSV on QVC. It was quite a bit cheaper than the QVC one because Emma had a sale so I’m glad that I waited. I’ve had it for about 6 weeks now and it’s definitely a keeper.
I treated us to an Emma mattress a couple of years ago, and got it for an absolute bargain price from John Lewis who were doing a price match at the time, then 25% discount on top of that, thank you very much! Love the mattress. The mattress in the spare room is a hybrid sprung mattress / memory foam top and that’s comfortable too, but the Emma is better imo.

The king size bed and mattress in the master room was a total of £1500 (half price in a sale 😳) but the Emma mattress is in one of the other two bedrooms and that’s the room I sleep in because it’s at the back of the house and it’s a lot cooler as the sun rises at the front. We sleep in the master bedroom when he’s here, but I sleep in a single bed in the back room when he isn’t. It’s easier than fighting to change a king sized duvet every week when I’m on my own. (My arms aren’t long enough. 😉)

To be honest, I can sleep anywhere on any mattress but the Emma one does return to its original level when I get up which means the likelihood of it developing a characteristic dip in the middle is less than with an ordinary mattress. Added to that is the bargain price it cost me. 👍

Emma Hybrid Mattress TSV 22/04/22
P&P £0.00

Single QVC Price £588.00 Todays Special Value Price £322.50 or 3 Easy Pays £107.50

Double QVC Price £810.00 Todays Special Value Price £444.00 or 3 Easy Pays £148.00

King QVC Price £918.00 Todays Special Value Price £504.00 or 3 Easy Pays £168.00

Super King QVC Price £1029.00 Todays Special Value Price £565.50 or 3 Easy Pays £188.50

Want to discover why the Hybrid Mattress from award-winning brand Emma is so popular? This innovative mattress offers exactly the right support you need and has been designed with your comfort in mind for a dreamy slumber. Its four different layers each target your sleep needs to ensure you get your best night's sleep ever - so you'll wake up feeling rested, refreshed and ready to take on the day!

*A great saving: If you were to buy the Emma Hybrid Mattress from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you’d pay for the Single: £589, Double: £809, King: £919, Super King: £1,029. So for our Today’s Special Value price for the Single: £322.50, you’re saving £266.50, for the Double: £444, you’re saving £365, for the King: £504, you’re saving £415 and for the Super King: £565 you’re saving £463.50.

Delivered directly from Emma - please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery to UK mainland only.

You're in good hands - we can see why the Hybrid Mattress is so sought after, with the popular brand Emma winning 20 awards in ten different countries. Plus, the mattress itself was rated a Which? Best Buy in August 2021.

All about comfort - this Hybrid design has four layers in total and comes with a temperature-regulating top cover that's perfect for making sure you don't overheat during the night. The top layer helps enhance airflow and absorbs moisture to keep you cool and dry, then there's a 2cm layer of steel micro coils which ensure pressure relief in all the right places. The third layer is designed to relieve pressure and help reduce motion transfer and the last layer helps to ensure that your spine is evenly aligned for maximum relief, rest and recovery in any sleeping position.

Bed in a box - the clever boxed packaging of this mattress offers you more flexibility. Whether you have a tight space to overcome or a small doorway to try and get the mattress through, the easy compact box helps to minimise the stress that comes with moving a large item.

Peace of mind – we’re sure you’ll love your new mattress, which is why we are offering a 200-night no quibble sleep trial. So if for any reason you change your mind, contact us directly and we’ll be happy to help.

• Side cover: 100% polyester; bottom cover: 87% polyester, 13% polypropylene

Measurements:

• Single: 3' x 6'3"; 90cm x 190cm x 25cm (35.4" x 75" x 9.8") - 16.5kg
  • Double: 4'6" x 6'3"; 135cm x 190cm x 25cm (53.1" x 75" x 9.8") - 25kg
  • King: 5' x 6'6"; 150cm x 200cm x 25cm (59" x 78.7" x 9.8") - 30kg
  • Super King: 6' x 6'6"; 180cm x 200cm x 25cm (70.8" x 78.7" x 9.8") - 35kg
  • Boxed dimensions: 45cm x 45cm x 110cm (17.7" x 17.7" x 43")

The price above will initially display the lowest and highest priced options. The price for your choice will be shown once you select your preferred option.

I don’t know if there are different models of Emma mattresses, but I know of 3 friends/family members who have bought them and only one still has it.... And that’s only because they missed the deadline to return!

All say it’s just incredibly hot - as well as not lasting and getting moulding marks eventually...

I personally wouldn’t touch anything iwrh memory foam built in because of the heat retention and the moulding to the body shape....
Even very high end mattresses now often have a top built in topper which annoys me!

I’ve got a pocket sprung Harrison mattress (expensive at the time but has done so well!) with a cool memory foam topper which has its own removable cotton cover.
That works well for me!

I can't comment on this particular mattress - but I do find it surprising that anyone would risk buying a mattress from selly telly. Possibly if it was cheap as chips and for a rarely used spare room? but these aren't particularly cheap - and I know that like us, most people spend a lot of time, energy and..cash...to get the right one because it is a critically important, long term piece of kit!

I ordered an Emma mattress, direct from the Emma website, after seeing the TSV last time. It was a lot cheaper than QVC’s one because I “hit” the online Emma sale at the correct time. 👍

I was replacing my mattress, which was 8 years old, and which had springs but a memory foam layer on top of them. The Emma mattress is more comfortable and I certainly haven’t had any issues with getting incredibly hot. In fact I don’t get hot at all on it. I did buy a mattress protector for it though so maybe that makes a difference. 🤔

We have a Simba mattress,similar to the Emma one. We had a 200 day return and for the first 3 months we had to turn it monthly and the it has to be turned every three months. Yes it came rolled in a box but it took 2 young men to carry it in it is heavy. Very comfortable mattress and I can't remember how many years the guarantee is.

Our previous mattress had an attached silk and mohair topper and we ended up having to buy super king size flat sheets to fit. Due to the mattress topper being fixed it ended up with a ridge down the centre. It was impossible to try and smooth it out. That bed cost us £1300 and the mattress was only guaranteed 8 years and it was about 9 years old.

If you check the results of mattress tests on Which the hybrid mattresses come out as best buys. Of course mattress choice is personal, but I think the idea that this type of mattress is inferior isn’t correct.

If you check the results of mattress tests on Which the hybrid mattresses come out as best buys. Of course mattress choice is personal, but I think the idea that this type of mattress is inferior isn’t correct.
Yes that’s why family went for it (Which reviews), but sadly didn’t agree. I think the lower cost is a big factor in making it a Best Buy - though many people clearly love them.

I think they are a very different type of mattress which obviously suits many people.

I don’t think it has the longevity - but nor the cost - of a traditionally built mattress and the time, skill and quality materials of a a really decent mattress.

But that’s not to say it’s not quality just that a different kettle of fish.
If it suits you and you find it comfortable and all the rest, then grand it’s perfect it’s got many positives!

We have a Simba mattress,similar to the Emma one. We had a 200 day return and for the first 3 months we had to turn it monthly and the it has to be turned every three months. Yes it came rolled in a box but it took 2 young men to carry it in it is heavy. Very comfortable mattress and I can't remember how many years the guarantee is.

Our previous mattress had an attached silk and mohair topper and we ended up having to buy super king size flat sheets to fit. Due to the mattress topper being fixed it ended up with a ridge down the centre. It was impossible to try and smooth it out. That bed cost us £1300 and the mattress was only guaranteed 8 years and it was about 9 years old.
I’ve slept on a Simba mattress and didn’t get on with it - again I found it warm and I think I just don’t get on with memory foam based mattresses!

I totally agree about attached toppers!
They sound and indeed maybe superb in the short term but even if they’re top drawer fabrics/fillings, once they’ve sagged or flattened etc, it’s useless as the rest of the longer-lasting materials in the main body of the mattress are wasted/useless!

Sleeping is so different for everyone. Mr CC could sleep on a washing line. I can't. I love a proper spring, firm mattress that's 8" deep, that's me. Saying that, I did buy a mattress in a box for the spare room, a bamboo one, it's firm and I love it. I unrolled it, put it on the bed and when Mr CC is away I sleep in there. Bry loves it as well ;)

CC

Yes that’s why family went for it (Which reviews), but sadly didn’t agree. I think the lower cost is a big factor in making it a Best Buy - though many people clearly love them.

I think they are a very different type of mattress which obviously suits many people.

I don’t think it has the longevity - but nor the cost - of a traditionally built mattress and the time, skill and quality materials of a a really decent mattress.

But that’s not to say it’s not quality just that a different kettle of fish.
If it suits you and you find it comfortable and all the rest, then grand it’s perfect it’s got many positives!
I assume you’ve not read the testing criteria used by Which. It’s certainly not just cost.
  • How we test performance
    We rate overall mattress performance by combining the results of six individual tests. We measure how well the mattress keeps your body in a natural position when you're lying on your side or back and combine these into an overall body support score. We also rate how easy it is to roll over on the mattress and how breathable it is – more breathable mattresses will not get damp with sweat. Finally, we measure stability to assess how much you'll notice the mattress moving when your partner turns on it - good mattresses are more stable.
    • How we test durability
      To test how durable mattresses are, we simulate years of use by rolling a heavy barrel over them throusands of times. We then assess each mattress for damage and change in height, firmness and body support to see how well they stand the test of time. Good mattresses will stay the same as when you first bought them. The overall durability score is a combination of five individual ratings. Change in height shows how much the mattress sagged in our durability test and change in firmness measures if the mattress got harder or softer. Change in body support indicates whether the mattress offers the same level of support after years of use. Finally, we rate whether or not the mattress was damaged after our durability tests.

• They also test for ease of use (turning the mattress), minimal smell and include comfort based on the responses of Which subscriber.

Latest posts

Back