EMU TSV 30/9/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It'll be interesting to see which way they're going this year. They did the paddleboat fleece-lined to death, then on to the heavy waterproofs, so how about boots that fit the wider-footed person again?

Really sorry if I’ve missed this, but, what is the new Emu TSV, 30th Sept?
I really hope it’s waterproof boots? Today (after years) they’ve sadly today split 😢
They have been the best, heartbroken they’ve gone 😟

I bought two pairs of emu Latrobe last year and lived in them through the winter, so comfortable. Waiting on emu bourke being delivered. Interesting to see what the tsv might be

Attachments

• Emu TSV 1.jpg
    Emu TSV 1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 239
  • Emu TSV 2.jpg
    Emu TSV 2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 206
  • Emu TSV 3.jpg
    Emu TSV 3.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 219
  • Emu TSV 4.jpg
    Emu TSV 4.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 222
  • Emu TSV 5.jpg
    Emu TSV 5.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 322
Emu Merak Water Resistant Suede Boot
Item Number: 189963
QVC Price £105.00
Todays Special Value Price £87.96
P&P £3.95

These Merak ankle boots from Emu feature water-resistant suede uppers to help keep your feet dry, soft Australian merino wool linings and footbeds for extra comfort and warmth, plus buckle detail and side zip fastenings, allowing you to easily slip them on and off. Take on the elements in style this season with these go-anywhere, wear-anytime suede boots.

Find your perfect fit – it is recommended that you select a full size up from your usual shoe size for the perfect fit in this style.

Out for the day? There will be no stopping you in these clever boots! Durable rubber outsoles with a pattern inspired by the ebb and flow of the ocean have been designed to deliver excellent traction and grip, while cushioning EVA midsoles provide added comfort and stability for all-day comfort.

A cold-weather staple - as temperatures start to fall, you want to keep your feet warm and dry when you head out into the elements and these cosy boots will help to do just that. Water-resistant suede uppers work beautifully with Australian merino wool lining to provide warmth and protection.

Easy-to-wear colours - choose from five neutral and classic autumn/winter shades. Black is always a timeless choice, but trendy neutrals Espresso, Dark Grey and Midnight will go with everything too, while Chestnut offers a hint of rich, seasonal colour.

• Inner side zip fastening for easy on/off
  • Outer: leather; inner and sole: manmade
  • Heel height: 10mm

Colour options:

• Black
  • Espresso
  • Dark Grey
  • Chestnut
  • Midnight

All measurements are approximate

Sorry to those who love sheepskin stuff, but I have read too many horror stories about the poor sheep :cry:that I will never own a pair.

I worked on a local farm as a teen during busy times such as lambing. The sheep were never ill-treated in any way. Fleece is shorn for wool for the sheep's health. They're also wormed and dipped for parasites.

The farmers would take the sheep for slaughter themselves and make sure they were settled before going in. The slaughterman was well known and a very kind man.

The sheepskin, just like leather, is a by-product of the meat so the process isn't wasteful.

I can't speak for this process in other countries well-known for their inhumane treatment of animals but the big brands like Emu and UGG take their responsibilities towards the sheep very seriously. Bad press would be bad news for them so they have to be careful as animal rights campaigners frequently try to get evidence of cruelty etc. It also would not be cost-effective for these companies to not look after their sheep as the skin quality would be bad and therefore wasteful.

I'm deeply concerned about the fast-fashion companies that turn a blind eye to the use of real fur when they advertise they don't use it. This is the problem with buying cheap throwaway fashion. The methods used to keep and kill the animals used for their fur alone are the embodiment of cruelty. They're also not fussy about the animals they kill for fur. I read a report a few months before lockdown that stated the fur used to trim everything from bobble hats to pompom keyrings came from rabbits mostly but also cats, dogs, and also bamboo rats for certain items. And they had limited samples to test!

I'm far happier buying sheepskin from companies that have a lot to lose if they don't look after their sheep than I would be if I bought items from companies that pile them high and sell them low then deny any knowledge of the manufacturing methods of their items.

And that's the animals. The way they treat their workforce is just as bad.

These are not sheepskin. They are suede with a merino wool/knitted/brushed lining. Hopefully people will not buy them thinking they are a full sheepskin.

"It is recommended that you choose a full size up".
Why more sizing issues? Are these for the narrow foot so anyone with broad feet has to endure boots that are too long and a potential trip hazard or what? Why can't they say why you have to size up and what's the point of putting a size on them if it doesn't mean what it says?

Also look at the close ups glue on the seam between upper and sole.Like the style but love my uggs

I must admit I do like a pair of sheepskin slipper booties for the house, but it is almost impossible to find any now. I gave away my Emu outdoor boots as I found them too big and frumpy to walk in.

I must admit I do like a pair of sheepskin slipper booties for the house, but it is almost impossible to find any now. I gave away my Emu outdoor boots as I found them too big and frumpy to walk in.
I dont buy Emu anymore prefer uggs much better fit and last forever.

The quality of Emu has gone down over the years. The problem I’ve often had is your big toe makes a hole through the boot. I have a very old pair of the ‘stinger’ ones, which I keep for the garden. I also bought another pair some years later, and they are so much thinner with poorer quality linings.

Sorry to those who love sheepskin stuff, but I have read too many horror stories about the poor sheep :cry:that I will never own a pair.
I'm sure something was posted on here a couple of years ago about alleged cruelty connected to EMU. I have chilblains every winter, probably not helped by going outside in Birkies when it's below freezing, but I don't like sheepskin & because the rest of me glows like a nuclear reactor the thought of being encased in that degree of warmth makes me hyperventilate 🥵

I dont buy Emu anymore prefer uggs much better fit and last forever.

I have had a look at the ugg Alena, could you tell me what the fitting is like,I have got a wide foot and size7. TIA boffy.

Can’t the BA tidy up her hair a bit? Considering that backstage they must be knee deep in Dyson styling aids, so many of the presenters, models and guests recently have the most tatty looking hair.

Latest posts

Back