EMU TSV 30/9/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I must admit I do like a pair of sheepskin slipper booties for the house, but it is almost impossible to find any now. I gave away my Emu outdoor boots as I found them too big and frumpy to walk in.

What size are you? My OH just received a pair of sheepskin slipper boots as an early Christmas present. He'd been eyeing up UGG or Emu slippers for ages as his old ones (11 years this year!) are fit to be laid to rest but he won't get rid. He's been moaning about the cost of replacements to anyone who'd listen. I think they got him these just to shut him up.

They look like a short version of the original UGGs. Our friends left the labels on in case they didn't fit so imagine my surprise to see a very well-made, full thick sheepskin pair with outdoor soles. For £35! From M&S!

They're in the men's section and start at size 6.

These are not sheepskin. They are suede with a merino wool/knitted/brushed lining. Hopefully people will not buy them thinking they are a full sheepskin.

I can't imagine Q presenters being clear with their descriptions.

I had an email from UGG this morning showing their new range of eco-conscious wool products.

They're made of recycled wool and sugar. I didn't click to read details but as wool's biggest fan and someone who wears and sleeps under wool for thermal regulation and allergies (wool's great at keeping dust mites at bay), I'm pleased to see them doing this.

Its the difference in cost I was just saying that people may think the Emu TSV is a full sheepskin boot rather that a suede with a stuck on wool fibre. I notice that are saying Merino wool without saying the boots are actually not a full sheepskin.

Its the difference in cost I was just saying that people may think the Emu TSV is a full sheepskin boot rather that a suede with a stuck on wool fibre. I notice that are saying Merino wool without saying the boots are actually not a full sheepskin.

It's really irritating when they do that. I noticed a few years ago some of their boots were cheaper but it was only a lot further down in the description that they'd be described as merino wool and suede instead of sheepskin. False advertising as far as I'm concerned and quite frankly, I'm sick of having to deep dive into every description to get to the bottom of what I'm actually buying these days.

Latest posts

Back