End of anything goes?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tristarMk11

Registered Shopper
I think it is. They have now said it will be the end this year! they only recently added this year, before they said it was just the end of the present run so I think they are getting rid of the format. Im sad about it, every Saturday night I have sort of lived for. Iv waited all week for the shows, I get lots of goodies and have loved watching the guests and presenters, its felt like a family again, Iv loved it, and wish they would keep it. I hope it goes out with a bang though. Just to say qvc, Iv bought more from the anything goes hours this year than I have from all other shows added together, so it was working for some, and it also made us the viewer feel included in things.

Well Im not sorry to see it go, forced, faked and anoying.

This is of course my own opinion and not necessarily anyone elses:wink:

I just tweeted Anna to say good luck. Iv really enjoyed the shows, I know its a bit soft, but made me feel part of the party and Im more inclined to buy when feels like they are reaching out to us.

Maybe I might get mentioned on the last show, would be so cool If I were. I think the format made a good change, I also was intrigued by who was chatting to who in the background in the green room, all the guests we know, was great. Iv got my favourite bread and butter pudding to sit down with been saving it for anything goes!

Maybe I might get mentioned on the last show, would be so cool If I were. I think the format made a good change, I also was intrigued by who was chatting to who in the background in the green room, all the guests we know, was great. Iv got my favourite bread and butter pudding to sit down with been saving it for anything goes!

Well if you like it and enjoy it then thats fair enough, like the sound of the B&B pudding, have you made it yourself

Oooooo. Bread and butter pudding. Yummy. I hope you are having loads of custard with it Tri.

Yes it was lovely thing to say and thanks Chinagirl, the bread pudding is M&S I cant cook at all.

I feel the anything goes shows have been like an 'event' its felt different to all the other shows, something to stand out in their schedules. I just wish they would persevere with it for a bit longer and maybe the sales or viewers or whatever would increase as the programme settled down into the schedules.

Glad folks enjoyed it. Must admit it wasn't my cuppa but hey not everything is. It's is nice to get a mention hope you do Tristar especially when have enjoyed the format. :)

Well, they've doubled the competition prize to a staggering £100! :nod: Such generosity from a company with a multimillion pound turnover. :thinking:

No one of QVC reach out to us as a friend or family they reach out to get the best sales figures and nothing else sadly.

I just watched the show and was amazed to hear Debbie say on air, that the reason for the end of the shows was that was all that was planned as they mean a lot of extra time and effort to put on.! What a cheek, so did they mean it was too much trouble for them? They mention a similar show may be back on Saturdays in September, if they can be bothered .

i spose it costs them more - paying for several people to be on air at the same time? when they could have one presenter droning on about diamonique instead.

I think it is. They have now said it will be the end this year! they only recently added this year, before they said it was just the end of the present run so I think they are getting rid of the format. Im sad about it, every Saturday night I have sort of lived for. Iv waited all week for the shows, I get lots of goodies and have loved watching the guests and presenters, its felt like a family again, Iv loved it, and wish they would keep it. I hope it goes out with a bang though. Just to say qvc, Iv bought more from the anything goes hours this year than I have from all other shows added together, so it was working for some, and it also made us the viewer feel included in things.

Tri, Luvie, these people aren't your or my or any viewers they don't know personally mates. As Graham says their sole purpose of employment on Q is to sell as with any shopping channel presenter. Nothing wrong with that at all, I've had some great buys from Q & recently, my N Home duvet set, fab. BUT I buy because I think "Do I need this" "Is it really that good value"? Then I check on google.
Please DON'T buy what you don't need or cannot afford & if you do really want something they have on offer check it's not cheaper on the likes of Ebay & Amazon first. They don't know you, they understandably don't care who buys & once their show is over it's onto planning how to sell items in their next show. Sorry if that's harsh but that's the true picture.

Last edited:
I generally didn't watch the shows.Sometimes if my hubby was/is at work I would have flicked over to see what was going on,and it certainly looked more fun and more lively than QVC is the rest of the week.

I thought they started it due to Christmas so I can see it returning once the Christmas run up is in full swing again.

I do think its a shame that QVC treat their viewers as *family* and drop them at a moments notice.If my nanna/MIL watched QVc I could really see them settling down to this show with their dinner etc prepared for this time - it is a shame for those people.

Well the shows did provide a change of format which was needed. QVC was becoming a bit stale. With Anything Goes being only a couple of hours each week, it made for a bit of entertainment on a night when QVC watchers might not go out but would like a break from QVC's normal business. I can understand what the OP meant by the show being friendly and relaxed. For the most part it was easy to watch and enjoyable, even relaxing. It is a shame that they are ending it. Maybe sales weren't strong enough. Maybe putting it on stressed them all too much. Who knows. To keep something fresh, it's probably best not to let it become too routine, take it off air now and try something else, bring it back later when it will seem like another change.

Never think of anyone asking for you to part with your hard earned money as being your friend--not even your friends or family. Try and make wise purchases and if something arrives at your doorstep and you wonder why on earth did I buy that, send it back. Better to miss out on a "little" postage than the full purchase price. If you return under DSR you can at least get back the original P&P too.

Debbie said they would be back, with there Gift Shows on a Saturday Night from September, on the run up till Christmas, that is where they got the idea of the Anything Goes format
Q rarely have their own ideas, this came from the public tweeting in to say how much fun it was one Saturday evening that John Barrowman was on in one hour with his 'Him' range. He stayed in the background and then kept wandering onto other sets telling people he liked this, that and the other and how to 'tap the app' - to be honest it was so far from the usual Q experience it was hilarious.

I didnt get my tweets read out, I tweeted Anna before the show and as I have been doing each week, tweeted Will with answers to the questions he asks from viewers each week. I never got one tweet read out all the time they been on air, it does seem to be the same names that get read out by Will. I cant see the point asking for tweets if they only bother to read out the same names.

I hope the show does come back as the gift show in September and on run up to Christmas. I do think that qvc do tend to take for granted their loyal viewers, as it definitley feel sometimes that the only time they are our firned is when we are buying and tih best will in the rold its not many people who can buy for all of the time. hey should be happy with regukar viewers who buy what they need and when they can. We have our gas bills to consider too!

Latest posts

Back