Every Fortnight eh Julia? you mucky cow!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Changing bed sheets???... some people just like to make work for themselves!

One of life's simplest pleasures is getting into a freshly changed bed so I do aimto change our bedding on a weekly basis. I love it when I can get the sheets outside to dry but must admit to leaving washing them a few days when the weather's bad as I'm trying to cut down on using the tumble dryer and hate having wet sheets draped over radiators. Oh and whilst I'm 'fessing up I hardly ever iron bedding unless it's for visitors (we have a lightweight throw on top of the duvet so you cant see the creases!).

i'm staggered.

you sleep with the fabric next to you for 6, 7, maybe 8 (if your lucky) hours a night and you go two weeks or even a MONTH without changing them? :mysmilie_505:

would you wear a t shirt or a pair of knickers that long? (shut up mrs james......)

DIRTY MARES! :devil:

Every 2 weeks here.

And NO I don't wear underwear in bed and if I do wear PJs I change them every night.

Sleeping in the same bedding everynight is far different from wearing things close to your skin and intimate areas. For a start, you sweat less at night cause you are less active, thats why you are meant to put on fresh deodarant at night (those special medication ones tell you it is a must). You go the toilet less and you probably end up kicking the cover off several times a night too.

I used to change my bedding every week when I lived with mum and dad but when I moved out my flat is too small to dry a Double duvet cover, 4 pillows, a flat sheet and a double quilted patchwork sheet every week, with having no tumble it is impossible, there would be no room for my clothes and underwear to dry.

I also have a sheet at the bottom of the bed and one at the top for Daytime cover so my cats can feel comfortable on my bed without it getting covered in cat fur, these are changed ever 2 weeks too.

Always once a week, quite a lot of the time, twice. All our bedding is white, and I change it the minute it stops looking crisp and fresh, I always have done
I never really thought about what other people do until one of the presenters on Woman's Hour said she didn't change the spare bed sheets if the guests have only stayed one night, which means that subsequent guests would be sleeping in used bedding. I thought that was Eeuuuuwwwww.......It sparked quite a debate and the general consensus was 'Disgusting!'

Every Monday is bed change day in my house and has been since I got married 25 years ago. Looking after my mum (whose bedbound) and changing her bed up to 5 times a day , I'm an expert bed changer and can do it in the blink of an eye. I prefer hanging bedding to dry outside but in the bad weather my tumble dryer is on the go all day every day.

Once a fortnight in winter and once a week in summer in our house! Sometimes twice a week if it is really hot weather!!! J.

Between once a week/once a fortnight I'd say.
I do like the feel of a nice clean duvet!
Mine doesn't see any action though and I think if there was a sweaty bloke in it, I'd be changing it more often! I have a bath most nights before tucking up with Teddy in anycase.

i'm staggered.

you sleep with the fabric next to you for 6, 7, maybe 8 (if your lucky) hours a night and you go two weeks or even a MONTH without changing them? :mysmilie_505:

would you wear a t shirt or a pair of knickers that long? (shut up mrs james......)

DIRTY MARES! :devil:

Not everyone gets up to whatever it is you do on a daily basis, Burlz - so there'd be less of a need to go changing the bedding as often as you do.

Now, do you just wash your bedding or do you burn it as hazardous waste? :devil:

One of life's simplest pleasures is getting into a freshly changed bed so I do aimto change our bedding on a weekly basis. I love it when I can get the sheets outside to dry but must admit to leaving washing them a few days when the weather's bad as I'm trying to cut down on using the tumble dryer and hate having wet sheets draped over radiators. Oh and whilst I'm 'fessing up I hardly ever iron bedding unless it's for visitors (we have a lightweight throw on top of the duvet so you cant see the creases!).

oh I sooo agree. Even better in the summer when it was able to dry outside and smells soo fresh, Tumble dryer just does not give that freshness ahhhhh can not wait for weather to get better for that reason. I also love ironing bedding.....
ok, maybe I need a life, but I really do like that monent ............. off to try and find something useful to do to give my life a purpose:blush:

Last edited:
Bottom sheet and pillowcases every week, duvet cover every 2/3 weeks and that's quite enough imo. I'm not a clean freak and it's only kind to give the bed mites something to munch on....:devil:

I change mine once every three months whether they need it or not................:mysmilie_59:

Well, here was me thinking once every three months was rather obsessive and I was considering changing it to just a couple of times a year but, after reading all the other posts, I now realise that I belong in the "Mucky Cow" League or maybe even the "Downright Disgusting" one......:mysmilie_61:

I did mine yesterday and that will do for a week at least. :mysmilie_481:

All year round once a week, more often in summer. I love that smell when they have been drying outside especially in summer and the feeling of clean crisp cotton sheets.....lovely! :happy:

Another one here who likes to iron their bedding! :blush:

Not everyone gets up to whatever it is you do on a daily basis, Burlz - so there'd be less of a need to go changing the bedding as often as you do.

Now, do you just wash your bedding or do you burn it as hazardous waste? :devil:

ive been known to package it back up and return it to QVC before now.... :angel:

Great to see you back Klarion! :happy:

JR just suggested (on the NN show) that you might only change your duvet every fortnight!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? she said you might change the bottom sheet every week though......

GOD only knows how she arrives at that conclusion.

i change my complete bed at once a week as an absolute MINIMUM and more likely twice.
if things are going ... ahem "well" i may even change it 3 or 4 times :tongue2: but thats not for now.....

how often do you?:cheeky:

I change my complete bed once a week.

Latest posts

Back