Eyeko TSV 24/06/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just had a look at the eyeko website mascaras are £15, eyeliners £10, brow gel £18 and curlers £12 which would all add up to £80.

I've tried the eyeko skinny mascara and it was good, but I've gone back to the High Street brand I usually use because it's a lot cheaper. I got a card delivered yesterday about this TSV but I won't bother getting it because I don't use eyeliner and I don't need any lash curlers.

Never tried this range, any good?

The eyeliner is the best I've tried. Never had much success with eyeliner, as was always a bit cack handed.
Then when I finally got the knack, I found I couldn't get one to stay put as have quite hooded eyes, so it would always transfer.
But this one doesn't. Goes on in the morning and does not budge. Brilliant stuff.
:thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

The thing is, Eyeko used to be sold in Superdrug and it was not expensive. The same prices as other chemist/drugstore brands. In fact when they were about to repackage the range everything was only a few pounds to buy. So they repackaged the range and suddenly the prices skyrocket! Even appearing in SpaceNK now as well as QVC.

On that principle and the fact the mascaras are only black I would look twice at them.

Rimmell newish gel eyeliners are being raved about and far cheaper than Eyeko.

I'm going to need nerves of steel not to be sucked into this one! I'm a bit of a sucker for eyeliners and mascaras, however

1. If it's an RRP of £80, it's bound to be a c£40 plus P&P TSV, and I'm not going to spend nearly £50 on mascaras
2. I'm brassic until pay day on Friday, so even it I wanted to spend nearly £50 on mascara, I can't
3. I've got unopened mascaras (black) in my stash as I really prefer dark blue and dark plum coloured mascaras to black, so I don't need more black mascaras
4. I've got unopened eye liners in my collection so ditto to the above
5. IF I was going to acquire another black mascara, it would be the Benefit one following recommendations on here
6. Donna's comments on pricing (which I've noted previously) make me feel like I'm being conned

Now, all I'm going to need to do is repeat all of the above everytime I feel myself weakening (but I think the brassic comment will help reign me in)!

Augusts edition of Marie Claire has a free mini black Eyeko eyeliner in it. The magazines usually only £2.50 on offer and its a good read too !

Anyone tried this range? Am liking benefit mascara at the moment but wondered if this was worth a try?

Rubyrat, not all eyelash curlers are the same. Well not all eye shapes are the same. I use them(not this brand) and get on okay, but its the Japanese style ones every raves about. Shu, is the most famous brand. I am using Kevyn Aucoin at the moment his are made in Japan.

Not to put anyone off. But some years back I was curling using one and sneezed. The result was I pulled the lashes out of one eye, it ****** hurt and took a while for them to grow back.

Tried eyelash curlers and just don't get on with them at all. Not sure I see the point if you have a decent mascara that curls and coats. So I think I have just talked myself out of this Tsv!

No interest in this TSV. I have been using the Mally mascara for over a year now and it's allI need. I had a tweezerman set of eyelash curlers from Q many years ago and they just sat in the bottom of my make up case never used. The tweezers that came with it are still on the go though after 15 years! I have naturally long lashes and I tried Revitalash and it was wasted on me-only one eye showed any "improvement". I soon realised that the Mally mascara alone was all I needed. Before I discovered Mally I had used Clinique naturally glossy mascara in black since I was in my twenties and that was very good. I used to buy tubes of Maybelline Great Lash mascara when I was in New York in the days before you could buy it in this country. It is very good and a great budget alternative.

That Eyeko guest is getting on my nerves. She is very attractive but her voice just grates on me.

Latest posts

Back