Glasses TSV 1.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Glasses TSV 2.jpg
    Glasses TSV 2.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Glasses TSV 3.jpg
    Glasses TSV 3.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 72
Apart from the fact I don’t much like the shape of these particular ones (wouldn’t suit me), I have given up on these glasses from Q as they break really easily, either around the lens or near the hinge where they just snap. The ones I’ve had from Amazon are much better. And cheaper.

I’ve had these a couple of times over the years ( different strengths) and love them
I have them dotted around the house

For the last few years I have treated myself to Bifocals where you cant see the line. Absolute game changer. Cost a bit but worth it. The challenge from the Optician was do not take them off during the day so you get to acclimatise to them.

I have varifocals which I wear all day. Optician said not to wear for driving for a week until used to them. I have worn varifocals for about ten years now. My husband has reading glasses all over the house.

I have varifocals which I wear all day. Optician said not to wear for driving for a week until used to them. I have worn varifocals for about ten years now. My husband has reading glasses all over the house.
What's the difference between Bi & varifocals pls?

What's the difference between Bi & varifocals pls?
Varifocals look like normal glasses (no line), a little thicker than my old glasses for short sight but still fit into most frames. When I started having problems with near (aging) as well as distance, my optician recommended them so they correct my sight for both near and distant. Because, when I was teaching, I needed to constantly look down to read and then up to the class, back down again, over to the computer, back to the class and so I needed glasses that could do all this without needing to be changed to different pairs.
When I have them fitted, they draw lines all over the plain lens, taking measurements of my pupils etc and where they move to fit my prescription.
They have to be made and when they return they have labels stuck over them. I have a proper fitting where they make lots of adjustments to ensure they fit (no slipping) and my pupils are in the right places, they clean them to remove labels.
Varifocals means that when my eyes need distance, the lens is correct, when I need close, there is a different part to the lens. My optician promised me that I would be able to thread a needle with dark thread in poor lighting; I can. I know I need new glasses when I fail this test.
My optician said my vision was 20/20 when I wear my specs.

Hummingbird Glasses Set Of 4 Readers with 2 Blue Light Readers
Item Number: 196794
QVC Price £32.00
Todays Special Value Price £21.98
P&P £3.95

'Where have I put my glasses?' - This set contains four glasses, each with its own soft protective case, so misplacing readers and being without a pair is a thing of the past. Whether you keep a few pairs dotted throughout the house or choose a different pair to suit your look each day, you can enjoy crystal-clear vision wherever you go.

The power of blue - are your working from home, or spending extended time in front of a screen? This versatile set features two readers with built-in blue light technology, designed to help filter 27% of blue light emitted from computers, laptops, TV screens and other devices.

Pick your designs - available in three sleek design sets, you're sure to find the perfect glasses for you. Enjoy bringing a statement pop of colour to your accessories? We'd recommend the Blue or Red selection. Prefer to keep things effortlessly classic and timeless? Then opt for the Neutral set.

• If necessary, clean reading glasses by wiping with a soft, dry cloth
  • Do not use any corrosive cleanser or chemical solution
  • Each pair weighs: 25g
  • Pupil distance: 6.2cm + 0.2cm (2.4" + 0.1")
  • Each pair measures (l x w x h): 14.2cm x 13.8cm x 3.5cm (5.6" x 5.4" x 1.4")

Choose your magnification strength:

Choose from:
Blue set:

• 1 x Tort Green reading glasses and co-ordinating case
  • 1 x Green Floral reading glasses and co-ordinating case
  • 1 x Confetti Blue reading glasses with anti-blue light and co-ordinating case
  • 1 x Blue Stripe reading glasses with anti-blue light and co-ordinating case
  • 1 x cleaning cloth
Or
Red set:

• 1 x Tort Hot Pink reading glasses and co-ordinating case
  • 1 x Confetti Red reading glasses and co-ordinating case
  • 1 x Red Floral reading glasses with anti-blue light and co-ordinating case
  • 1 x Red Foliage reading glasses with anti-blue light and co-ordinating case
  • 1 x cleaning cloth
Or
Neutral set:

• 1 x Black reading glasses and co-ordinating case
  • 1 x Black Tort reading glasses and co-ordinating case
  • 1 x Brown Floral reading glasses with anti-blue light and co-ordinating case
  • 1 x Smoke Clear reading glasses with anti-blue light and co-ordinating case
  • 1 x cleaning cloth

All measurements are approximate

Varifocals look like normal glasses (no line), a little thicker than my old glasses for short sight but still fit into most frames. When I started having problems with near (aging) as well as distance, my optician recommended them so they correct my sight for both near and distant. Because, when I was teaching, I needed to constantly look down to read and then up to the class, back down again, over to the computer, back to the class and so I needed glasses that could do all this without needing to be changed to different pairs.
When I have them fitted, they draw lines all over the plain lens, taking measurements of my pupils etc and where they move to fit my prescription.
They have to be made and when they return they have labels stuck over them. I have a proper fitting where they make lots of adjustments to ensure they fit (no slipping) and my pupils are in the right places, they clean them to remove labels.
Varifocals means that when my eyes need distance, the lens is correct, when I need close, there is a different part to the lens. My optician promised me that I would be able to thread a needle with dark thread in poor lighting; I can. I know I need new glasses when I fail this test.
My optician said my vision was 20/20 when I wear my specs.
I need to visit your optician. I got varifocals which were hardly measured at all and I'm sure weren't split in the correct place. I would gladly pay more to get this service and have something that actually helps at all distances instead of the lovely distance glasses I have but then have to take them off to read a label in the supermarket and they are really only useful for driving.

I need to visit your optician. I got varifocals which were hardly measured at all and I'm sure weren't split in the correct place. I would gladly pay more to get this service and have something that actually helps at all distances instead of the lovely distance glasses I have but then have to take them off to read a label in the supermarket and they are really only useful for driving.
It was specsavers. I have using them for 25 years. I have needed glasses since I was 17. I tried Boots opticians once but went straight back to Specsavers. Yes, it is so important to get varifocals to fit exactly. I can always pop in and get them tightened etc for no charge.
I feel your pain. I just pop mine on in morning and get on with life. You are right that they are expensive but for me, they are worth it.
Try a different optician? Or go back and discuss your problems?

It was specsavers. I have using them for 25 years. I have needed glasses since I was 17. I tried Boots opticians once but went straight back to Specsavers. Yes, it is so important to get varifocals to fit exactly. I can always pop in and get them tightened etc for no charge.
I feel your pain. I just pop mine on in morning and get on with life. You are right that they are expensive but for me, they are worth it.
Try a different optician? Or go back and discuss your problems?
So do varifocals just adjust automatically between near & distance? And there in no line on the spectacle lens?

So do varifocals just adjust automatically between near & distance? And there in no line on the spectacle lens?

There is no line, they adjust between reading & distance, but they do explain that due to this the edges may be blurry & to move your head, not your eyes.
I have varifocals, they were recommended so I can adjust between distance & reading without removing them.
I only had reading glasses before, had to keep popping on to read labels etc, never had a problem with distance, but the TV was not as clear as it used to be & I couldn’t read subtitles.
I absolutely hate them, I keep missing the last step on our stairs & in fact I now take them off before going downstairs.
If I have to look down to work on something they make me feel sick.
I know I need something, but these are horrid.

There is no line, they adjust between reading & distance, but they do explain that due to this the edges may be blurry & to move your head, not your eyes.
I have varifocals, they were recommended so I can adjust between distance & reading without removing them.
I only had reading glasses before, had to keep popping on to read labels etc, never had a problem with distance, but the TV was not as clear as it used to be & I couldn’t read subtitles.
I absolutely hate them, I keep missing the last step on our stairs & in fact I now take them off before going downstairs.
...So you wouldn't recommend then?

I had some a few years ago and couldn't get on with them.
Hubby was ok from the word go when he first started wearing them and told me I wasn't giving them a chance.
I can trip and fall without varifocals heaven knows what I'd be like going back to them.🤭🤭😂

I've got varifocals from Specsavers too. I was sick of constantly swapping my glasses for reading glasses. I was hesitant because my late dad had bifocals and couldn't get on with them but a cousin persuaded me to get them.

They were expensive but are brilliant and it didn't take me long to get used to them. The optician said to be wary of stairs to begin with but I live in a one storey flat so that wasn't a concern. I wouldn't go back to normal ones now.

The only issue I have is if I go to the theatre and have a really cheap seat high up in the upper circle. It can be difficult to find the right bit of the lens to look through to get a clear view without getting a stiff neck!

...So you wouldn't recommend then?
I was told if I didn’t get on with them to go back to the opticians, I didn’t. I have given them a good try but my eyesight seems to be worse not better . I now can’t do without them.

Latest posts

Back