Fashion Accessories TSV 13/01/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There is no line, they adjust between reading & distance, but they do explain that due to this the edges may be blurry & to move your head, not your eyes.
I have varifocals, they were recommended so I can adjust between distance & reading without removing them.
I only had reading glasses before, had to keep popping on to read labels etc, never had a problem with distance, but the TV was not as clear as it used to be & I couldn’t read subtitles.
I absolutely hate them, I keep missing the last step on our stairs & in fact I now take them off before going downstairs.
If I have to look down to work on something they make me feel sick.
I know I need something, but these are horrid.
Varifocals make me feel dizzy and sick. I have my glasses but I don't wear them for TV or driving, only for reading/computer/labels etc. I can't wear glasses that keep adjusting for one thing and another I just feel off balance and people think I'm drunk when I'm not.

CC

Varifocals make me feel dizzy and sick. I have my glasses but I don't wear them for TV or driving, only for reading/computer/labels etc. I can't wear glasses that keep adjusting for one thing and another I just feel off balance and people think I'm drunk when I'm not.

CC
Poor you. The optician advised me to tuck my chin down when going down stairs wearing them. They also said lots of people can get on with them. Mine work for me

I wear verifocals so I don’t need separate reading specs. I DO need them if I put my contact lenses in, which I only do if out for an ‘occasion’. I have to take reading specs with me to read the menu. I think it’s possible nowadays to get varifocal contact lenses but more expensive.

It was specsavers. I have using them for 25 years. I have needed glasses since I was 17. I tried Boots opticians once but went straight back to Specsavers. Yes, it is so important to get varifocals to fit exactly. I can always pop in and get them tightened etc for no charge.
I feel your pain. I just pop mine on in morning and get on with life. You are right that they are expensive but for me, they are worth it.
Try a different optician? Or go back and discuss your problems?
I shall maybe try Specsavers. Mine were from vision express and I found I couldn't get good distance or close vision so I gave up. I shall try and make an appointment to try again, thanks.

I've worn specs since I was 7, (apart from the next school year, with an evil teacher who called another kid "speccy 4 eyes" on the first day of the year. So I kept them in my coat pocket until she was duly sacked that Easter for other ill-treatment!)
The first few days I wore glasses made me sea-sick but it soon passed. I've had varifocals for about 10 years, but I went to an optician that offers a MBG if you can't get on with them. Then you can put the £ towards two separate pairs. That's definitely something to look out for or ask about when you first decide to try them

Latest posts

Back