Fashion with Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I heard a great sales pitch last night. Shaun was on selling watches. The one I saw was £100 and I think it was reduced by £100 so not exactly Rolex prices. Shaun did this great sales pitch, he said you know what it is like when you want to buy a high end watch like the one they were selling but if you are not wearing a smart suit you feel the staff are looking down their nose at you thinking you can't afford it, makes you feel uncomfortable. Yeah right, shops are struggling and need every customer they can get. And I looked in Samuels window today and they had men's watches up to £400 so there is no need to go to a "high end shop"! I love the way they they make up a scenario to put you off buying in a shop.

I heard a great sales pitch last night. Shaun was on selling watches. The one I saw was £100 and I think it was reduced by £100 so not exactly Rolex prices. Shaun did this great sales pitch, he said you know what it is like when you want to buy a high end watch like the one they were selling but if you are not wearing a smart suit you feel the staff are looking down their nose at you thinking you can't afford it, makes you feel uncomfortable. Yeah right, shops are struggling and need every customer they can get. And I looked in Samuels window today and they had men's watches up to £400 so there is no need to go to a "high end shop"! I love the way they they make up a scenario to put you off buying in a shop.

Oh that's absolutely ridiculous! If there's any snobs around its that snivelling little git! He's probably only saying that because when staff see him coming and they look down their noses at him, it really ain't because of his watch, it's because they're saying to each other "oh no! don't make eye contact! here's that patronising snivelling lite git!"

I do find him amusing the way he jumps up and down with alleged enthusiasm as though he is going to wet himself.

I do find him amusing the way he jumps up and down with alleged enthusiasm as though he is going to wet himself.

I can't abide presenters who act like that. Just present the product, don't exaggerate and say that it will change your life. Use a bit of humour if necessary and try to maintain some dignity. Some of the presenters (naming no names) may have to look this word up in a dictionary.

Oh that's absolutely ridiculous! If there's any snobs around its that snivelling little git! He's probably only saying that because when staff see him coming and they look down their noses at him, it really ain't because of his watch, it's because they're saying to each other "oh no! don't make eye contact! here's that patronising snivelling lite git!"

I went to Uni with Shaun. The people he used to appear with in the Halls of Residence foyer on a Sunday morning when I was doing my washing was HOT! :tongue:

I went to Uni with Shaun. The people he used to appear with in the Halls of Residence foyer on a Sunday morning when I was doing my washing was HOT! :tongue:[/QUOTE

Yeah well you'll never get your washing really clean in Luke warm. :giggle:

:mysmilie_13::mysmilie_14:It's all right, everything's all right shopperholic, I'm cured, and so will you be, keep thinking calming, positive thoughts.......LADIES, BUY IT! BUY IT! JUST BUY IT!....oh, no, I've relapsed, and I thought I was cured...NURSE!

Is there no hope for us History??!! :mysmilie_13:

Eugh, Caroline, don't get me started. What is it with Ideal guests? The worst though is the Suzi Iannnudies woman, she is a charlatan of the highest kind, with my own eyes I saw her do the jump on the bed test and when the water didn't fall over she leaned her hand in and tipped it herself!! Moira C, the drill bits bloke, Paul 'have a ****** salad' Brodel, they are all just horrid! I do like to watch the drill bits show, but only as I'm trying to work out what Dave is doing differently, a neighbour of mine bought a set of these and the first time he used one to drill into wood, the ****** thing snapped, hmmm.

He was selling moissanite last night. To make the show classier, they dragged in Caroline to co host. You know, her that used to work in Garrards? :smirk:

'Ang on, it's not BidTv Caroline is it? After all they've got everyone else. Bid Caroline was a right pain in the bum, what ever she was selling she had it, or her mum had it, or her friend had it etc, or she was going to buy it, or her mum was going to buy it, or her friend was going to buy it etc, she used this tactic (as if that was a selling point, how deluded) she used the tactic on every single thing she was selling, that's when the subtitles were on obviously.

Eugh, Caroline, don't get me started. What is it with Ideal guests? The worst though is the Suzi Iannnudies woman, she is a charlatan of the highest kind, with my own eyes I saw her do the jump on the bed test and when the water didn't fall over she leaned her hand in and tipped it herself!! Moira C, the drill bits bloke, Paul 'have a ****** salad' Brodel, they are all just horrid! I do like to watch the drill bits show, but only as I'm trying to work out what Dave is doing differently, a neighbour of mine bought a set of these and the first time he used one to drill into wood, the ****** thing snapped, hmmm.

That's funny about Paul and the salad, he's one miserable so and so, looks like he's about to punch someone's lights out, and I agree they're all so full of it.

'Ang on, it's not BidTv Caroline is it? After all they've got everyone else. Bid Caroline was a right pain in the bum, what ever she was selling she had it, or her mum had it, or her friend had it etc, or she was going to buy it, or her mum was going to buy it, or her friend was going to buy it etc, she used this tactic (as if that was a selling point, how deluded) she used the tactic on every single thing she was selling, that's when the subtitles were on obviously.

Nah, that's Caroline Ivegotloadsagodchildren Lyndsay, think she's on the Jewellery channel now, or was, dunno I've not seen her since Bid.

This Caroline always co presents the high end watches, you know, the Vostocks, AV8 etc., always wears navy and they always start off introducing her as starting her working life looking after the Queen's jewels at Garrards.

I don't know whether this was started by the Pope, he had William the chef winning awards the other day. They never say what her job was at Garrards, cleaner maybe. It could be a load of tosh, who's to know.

Caroline Lindsay is on The Jewellery Channel. Does some early morning slots. Still wears a lot of purple, still tilts her head to one side. Don't know if she still mentions her disabled brother or all her godchildren as I can't watch more than two minutes of her show...

Latest posts

Back