Faux pas on air

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember a few months back hearing one of the presenters introducing the Bargain Hunter and totally mispronouncing the second word so that it sounded like "hunter" but began with a "c"!!! Can't remember who it was though, think it was possibly Chuntley, I was lost in a "did I really just hear that?!" moment!!

Ever since then, I have referred to it as the "Bargain Rudeword"!! Little things, I suppose......!:wink:

Many years ago Anthony Heywood (I think it was him) said something like "in an ideal world - - - - oops, wash my mouth out with soap" and looked rather flustered.

I remember the Kipling show where Pipa called a piece of their luggage the " tuckson " bag . ( Tucson ) . Oops .

I rarely turn the sound up on Q these days so miss out on slip of the tongue moments. Although Alison is a pain in the butt at times I do like the fact that she has no time for 'faux posh' accents and often used to take Julia to task about her pronunciation of certain words eg. she pronounce Mauve as mowve and turquoise as turquaz. My pet hate is the way some people pronounce words like book as Buck (a male rabbit) and cook (cuck) half a cuckoo. It really irritates me but hey ho I'm sure others will disagree with me.

A few years ago Tova got into "hot water" when she was presenting with Catherine Huntley. Tova was describing how someone was so pleased with a product they "went completely spastic". Catherine gulped and Tova was covered in confusion and kept asking "what did I say?" After a break Catherine apologised on air if any viewers were offended by the remark. It appears that the term in USA is used to mean how somebody moves/behaves when they are overexcited.

Latest posts

Back