Final Yankee Candle Show On QVCUK???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Unbelievable I thought Craig said he didn’t know, in a reply to something Kate the brand ambassador said and I thought it was her leaving. But then I heard him say the last show.
Yes he’s just done a statement after coming back from a break saying bitter sweet news that after years of YC with QVCUK it is their last show.
Love to Rosa he said, who hopefully is watching…….
All very strange and appears rushed and no preparation of the QVC presenter or maybe that was the plan.
Certainly appears to put Craig in a difficult, compromising position.

Last edited:
I mentioned this is another thread. At least I wasn’t imagining what I heard. In case you don’t see the other thread, it’ll be worth looking in clearance as they’re leaving QVC.

Maybe they’ll appear on IW because several brands go over there, although I no longer buy YC. Or maybe their popularity has waned because of other brands that are available. 🤔

They have had some very good deals at QVC, especially on the sets of large jars - I should know because I used to buy all those TSVs! But in recent years, there have been better offers from Amazon sellers, Yankee Bundles, etc. That’s my experience, anyway. QVC were very good for bringing us American specials, hard to get over here. I haven’t bought for a while as I have lots to use up so I’ve not been looking but I don’t think QVC have anything you can’t get anywhere else now, have they?

What I don’t understand what happened before coming on air with the hour. Craig didn’t do the hour previously so did he not speak to the brand ambassador or did she fail to inform him until live on air.
Did the producer or director not know the brands last show was today.
Strange goings on as per usual at QVCUK.

Q soon dumped Decleor when the quality went downhill so with the very poor reviews for YC lately I can't say I'm surprised to be honest.
I'll admit that I'll miss Rosa though, one of the better BA's that appeared on Q IMO.
I was going to say the same - some of the reviews have been terrible.

Do we think YC have abandoned Q or Q is ditching YC? I would guess the latter but it could easily be that YC is sick of Q’s demands or terms.

I was going to say the same - some of the reviews have been terrible.

Do we think YC have abandoned Q or Q is ditching YC? I would guess the latter but it could easily be that YC is sick of Q’s demands or terms.
If I was a betting man I'd say Q have dumped YC, but we'll probably never know the full story.
I do think it's telling that 90% of candle shows recently have been Harry Slatkin rather than Yankee though.

If I was a betting man I'd say Q have dumped YC, but we'll probably never know the full story.
I do think it's telling that 90% of candle shows recently have been Harry Slatkin rather than Yankee though.
Yes there’s certainly been a glut of Mr Slatkin shows and TSV’s.
I do recall, if or not it was a sales ploy I don’t know. But when he did his first TSV when he first appeared, he related that going forwards I’m sure there wouldn’t be a lot of his candles available to be sold on QVC. Then strike me down with a feather, it didn’t seem that much later, I thought to myself he’s on again. Since he‘s become a regular feature with TSV‘s and offers one after each other.

I really enjoyed the Yankee shows especially when Rosa was on. I think she was one of the nicer guests I found her knowledgeable and down to earth so from that point of view will miss the shows. Having said that I don't buy many YC jars anymore I just like the melts and even then I buy at the YC shop and that's only occasionally. I always loved their real life scents but they just don't seem to be the same sadly. I also like Hearth and Home (I think that's they are called?) they had some lovely Christmas fragrances and are reasonably priced. Also I was watching Lola Rose and I'm sure on the show last night they said this was the last chance to get clearance items as they would not be selling anymore sale items and Nikki would be back will new items in February. Sadly another brand I feel the quality is not the same as it once was.

Anyone belongs to a YC Facebook group? Is there a melt down?

Thinking about it, final show in the morning no final show in the evening when more fans watching. Nothing mentioned beforehand that YC are going.
Melt down! No pun intended or was it?! Brilliant! 🤔😆

I`m not a buyer of candles but I was given one as part of a Christmas gift and I must say it`s very nice. Even though it`s just a single wick, the throw is marvellous and the smell is lovely, its lavender and chamomile. It`s a brand I`ve never heard of D W Home and I`ve no idea where it was purchased but I`d certainly buy the brand again.
PS Just found a few on TK Maxx website

Anyone belongs to a YC Facebook group? Is there a melt down?

Thinking about it, final show in the morning no final show in the evening when more fans watching. Nothing mentioned beforehand that YC are going.
Melt down! No pun intended or was it?! Brilliant! 🤔😆
I was just posting the same when I saw your comment, Runnerbean. I was going to say, I haven’t seen any YC fan sites but I’m guessing they have lit up, with members waxing lyrical about the loss of YC on QVC and their burning desire to see the decision reversed. I‘m being silly so I’ll clear off now.

PS I couldn’t post faster because of the delays with pages not loading on the forum for some of us. They are looking into it, thank goodness.

Last edited:
I always found the YC sets from QVC were poor quality. I never really noticed until I started buying the Christmas star gift from Boots, and they were so much better!
I don’t know if there are made for qvc items or if they just got some poor stock, but i have really noticed the difference, and haven’t bought from QVC for a few years now.

It takes me 3 or 4 goes to be able to post anything. I try to click on a subject but it won`t load and a box comes up asking me do I want to wait or leave.

Latest posts

Back