Final Yankee Candle Show On QVCUK???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

With great sadness my last Yankee Candle advance order set was delivered today, the 6 piece spring set.

I will miss the hat box and set of 3 Christmas houses. I have been buying these as Christmas presents since they were introduced so I hope that other retailers will stock these.

I do not have a local stockist so I only purchase Yankee Candle online.

With great sadness my last Yankee Candle advance order set was delivered today, the 6 piece spring set.

I will miss the hat box and set of 3 Christmas houses. I have been buying these as Christmas presents since they were introduced so I hope that other retailers will stock these.

I recently placed my first order with Just My Look - a Yankee advent calendar....
On sale £11.99 and free post!

Very happy with it and so well packed etc...

They’ve got quite a lot of YC on there...
May be more under sale/outlet section?

I recently placed my first order with Just My Look - a Yankee advent calendar....
On sale £11.99 and free post!

Very happy with it and so well packed etc...

They’ve got quite a lot of YC on there...
May be more under sale/outlet section?

Thanks for link, I have just had a look and there are some good sets.

I must say that I have been thinking the same recently, i have been a customer since, almost, day one but do think things feel different recently and think they are struggling.
I think you and boffy are on the right track with this. Q sent me a £5 off "missing you" voucher code - which I used on the This Works pillow spray - quite odd bearing in mind I bought the Yankee tsv on 1/11 and had the Japanese one in the pipeline 🤔

Looking at the QVC website they have the set but of course at the full price of £72. If I had known what was happening with yankee I may have ordered 2 sets. Still it might be worth keeping an eye on in case they are later reduced in clearance - Q have been reducing a lot of stuff to almost tsv prices if not sold.

I do not have a local stockist so I only purchase Yankee Candle
I think you and boffy are on the right track with this. Q sent me a £5 off "missing you" voucher code - which I used on the This Works pillow spray - quite odd bearing in mind I bought the Yankee tsv on 1/11 and had the Japanese one in the pipeline 🤔
They will never send me a voucher because I still buy too much from them 😂. They don’t reward the customers who spend money with them 🤔

I hope Temptation Gifts arent going to put their prices up because they were usually very competitive. It may be that, because the Japanese collection is new, they are charging more. What are the fragrances like, the labels look lovely with the blossoms etc, so I wondered if the smells reflected that. The problem with QVC was the postage was £5.95 whereas other places are alot cheaper and, as I have said before, if you spend £50 Temptation Gifts is free postage.
There are two 1 star reviews on the Q website for the last remaining YC set. This set contains two different cherry blossom fragrances, which I assume are from the Japanese collection. The reviewers said there was zero fragrance when burned and they returned them. Such a shame that YC is no longer what it was.

But you can sniff them to see if you're going to enjoy the scent.
I've just unearthed Seasalt and Sage from my stash.... looking forward to giving that one a go.
Sea Salt and Sage is gorgeous, I love it - but unfortunately mine was totally undetectable when burned. I always wondered if it was from a defective batch and hope that yours isn't the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two 1 star reviews on the Q website for the last remaining YC set. This set contains two different cherry blossom fragrances, which I assume are from the Japanese collection. The reviewers said there was zero fragrance when burned and they returned them. Such a shame that YC is no longer what it was.

Sea Salt and Sage is gorgeous, I love it - but unfortunately mine was totally undetectable when burned. I always wondered if it was from a defective batch and hope that yours isn't the same.
Just checked - funnily enough when I searched Yankee on QVC website it brought up every candle make they sell! - and the set contains:

Sakura Blossom Festival large jar
  • Cherry Blossom
  • A Calm & Quiet Place
Of these only the Sakura blossom is from newish Japanese collection (along with Mount Fuji and Plum Sake??)

I’ve tried the Sakura blossom only of these and I found it be almost completely without scent :(

Sadly as it sounds lovely!

The cherry blossom been around a while and I think I’ve tried it but can’t remember it!

A calm and quiet place is from several years ago and I have only had a melt and votive. Love the smell but quite a “quiet” smell to me too sadly!

I think it is very subtle, almost undetectable unless you burn it for a substantial amount of time.

I visited my local TK Maxx and manage to get some gorgeous candles. I tried some out for scent throw and scent quality and the way the candles burn. The wax tends to be plant based or mixed and pools really fast. The scents are fabulous. Dont miss Yankees now and its taken me many years to say that.

Latest posts

Back