Final Yankee Candle Show On QVCUK???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Me too myamoo- I haven't been on the forum much this year and I'm shocked by this post. šŸ˜²I really hope they still send the waitlist, my QVC account says awaiting stock. I remember it was due in February but not sure exactly. I haven't had any problems with YC like tunnelling or lack of scent but I tend to only burn florals and the occasional clean fragrances like beach walk etc. Perhaps as they have been long time staples they are made to an old format. CC's post took me back - turquoise sky was my first YC purchase, became a favourite and I must have spent a fortune! If anyone's interested I looked today and yankee bundles have some individual large jars - I've about cameilla blossom at Ā£15 - they also have a lemon lavender jar with a red diffuser. YB are great but often it's a lucky dip/random offer.
Hi Mollie!

I too have been shocked by this thread! Yankee candle is (was!) one of the VERY few brands I was interested in on QVC - even if I rarely bought any from them, unless it was a good TSV offer.

And as others have said above, Rosa in particular was lovely to watch.
I felt very at ease with her on screen - no annoyances or silliness but just fun!
I also liked the lady before her, whose name escapes me.

I know youā€™re a fellow Yankee Bundles fan and when I read about YC leaving QVC, itā€™s made me worry that they will also now no longer have such amazing Yankee deals :(

Sure the vast majority of their stock (candles) is ex-QVC so now not sure where theyā€™ll be able to source them and sell at bargain prices.

I placed an order with them a couple of weeks ago when they had an extra code. It was mainly foodie and some other bits - including some ā€œTargetā€ (American superstore) wax cubes. They smell great cold but not tried yet.

I also got a Yankee 10 votive selection with bag.
As you say it was pick and mix and it did contain 3 that make me feel sick (always a risk!) - vanilla cupcake, Xmas cookie and coconut rice cream?

I burned the coconut one last night as didnā€™t know it, but I must say it badly smelt! And what it did smell of wasnā€™t *too* sickly for me?!

The others all look good - couple I donā€™t know, too...

Fingers crossed a good and *affordable* brand will replace Yankee - there are SO many smaller but good candle brands out there... šŸ¤ž

Me too myamoo- I haven't been on the forum much this year and I'm shocked by this post. šŸ˜²I really hope they still send the waitlist, my QVC account says awaiting stock. I remember it was due in February but not sure exactly. I haven't had any problems with YC like tunnelling or lack of scent but I tend to only burn florals and the occasional clean fragrances like beach walk etc. Perhaps as they have been long time staples they are made to an old format. CC's post took me back - turquoise sky was my first YC purchase, became a favourite and I must have spent a fortune! If anyone's interested I looked today and yankee bundles have some individual large jars - I've about cameilla blossom at Ā£15 - they also have a lemon lavender jar with a red diffuser. YB are great but often it's a lucky dip/random offer.
PS. Have you tried Camellia Blossom?

I got one in a set of 3 floral large jars from Yankee Bundles and I have to say that despite smelling fab and quite strong cold, itā€™s the first large Yankee Iā€™ve had where I could barely smell it burning!
I think I posted about it on here somewhere...

Iā€™ve actually got another one from another set I was planning to gift but a bit nervous now..

It could of course be me - I like a stronger scent - and I couldā€™ve had Covid at the time but usually very sensitive to scents to I donā€™t know?! šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Thats quite sad really. I assume it was QVCs decision to drop them like they have other decent lines. It might be that they werent getting the sales as there are so many other places you can buy them who dont charge so much postage
That is sad. I was never a fan of Rosa but I would keep it on in the background. Not like an hour of beauty šŸ’¤šŸ’¤ everything at Q is so secretivešŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

With a new set of teeth šŸ˜Š
Another poor horse with no gnashersšŸ¤£

Is Ryan Clarke still on QVC with his candles?
Oh no, I really hope not!

Iā€™m not a Rylan fan (at all!) although of course, I wish him no ill and Iā€™m sorry to learn of what heā€™s been going through of late...

However, I think choosing to stock his Luxenoa range is/was classic QVC!

There are so many good and quality brands out there that they could choose to stock and promote etc, and yet they go for one relatively unheard of primarily because itā€™s fronted by a ā€œcelebā€?!

I think the quality of the candles wasnā€™t bad but I hated the style. It was as if he was trying to be classy and stylish but somehow it came out tacky and 80ā€™s - and quite masculine (which may appeal to a different audience to me).
I was given a smallish one from a set I think, but a friend who bought a trio and didnā€™t love them.

I quite liked the fragrance but again the glassware etc not my taste and sounded expensive.

Maybe they could replace his brand (he doesnā€™t need the work/money or the exposure so sure he wouldnā€™t miss it!) with a brand with some heritage or more expertise?

Hopefully a British brand too!
With free postage?!

Hereā€™s hoping - or dreaming?!

I think it is due around the 20th Feb. Iā€™m not very hopeful that we will get this. šŸ˜• I also havenā€™t had any problems with YC tunnelling. I do have alot of YC candles and occasionally have one with subtle fragrance but havenā€™t had any problem with no fragrance. My hubby is quite pleased they have left QVC as I do have enough candles to last me for a long time but I will miss them. We do have a Yankee shop in our local shopping centre and also at our local McArthurGlen so will just have to look for bargains there. I have had some Harry Slatkin candles recently which I do like but they burn down too quickly.

I think it is due around the 20th Feb. Iā€™m not very hopeful that we will get this. šŸ˜• I also havenā€™t had any problems with YC tunnelling. I do have alot of YC candles and occasionally have one with subtle fragrance but havenā€™t had any problem with no fragrance. My hubby is quite pleased they have left QVC as I do have enough candles to last me for a long time but I will miss them. We do have a Yankee shop in our local shopping centre and also at our local McArthurGlen so will just have to look for bargains there. I have had some Harry Slatkin candles recently which I do like but they burn down too quickly.
Well I am glad I read your post. We are candle twins love yankee candles and I agree the Harry Slatkin ones burn down at the speed of knots. I have a huge stash but will get a set or two from QVC.

Hi Mollie!

I too have been shocked by this thread! Yankee candle is (was!) one of the VERY few brands I was interested in on QVC - even if I rarely bought any from them, unless it was a good TSV offer.

And as others have said above, Rosa in particular was lovely to watch.
I felt very at ease with her on screen - no annoyances or silliness but just fun!
I also liked the lady before her, whose name escapes me.

I know youā€™re a fellow Yankee Bundles fan and when I read about YC leaving QVC, itā€™s made me worry that they will also now no longer have such amazing Yankee deals :(

Sure the vast majority of their stock (candles) is ex-QVC so now not sure where theyā€™ll be able to source them and sell at bargain prices.

I placed an order with them a couple of weeks ago when they had an extra code. It was mainly foodie and some other bits - including some ā€œTargetā€ (American superstore) wax cubes. They smell great cold but not tried yet.

I also got a Yankee 10 votive selection with bag.
As you say it was pick and mix and it did contain 3 that make me feel sick (always a risk!) - vanilla cupcake, Xmas cookie and coconut rice cream?

I burned the coconut one last night as didnā€™t know it, but I must say it badly smelt! And what it did smell of wasnā€™t *too* sickly for me?!

The others all look good - couple I donā€™t know, too...

Fingers crossed a good and *affordable* brand will replace Yankee - there are SO many smaller but good candle brands out there... šŸ¤ž
Hello Loopy - I totally agree with you (and the other forumites) about Rosa. I found her style of presenting very relaxing and she came across as honest and down to earth and wasnt afraid to say a fragrance wasnt for everybody. I usually only bought tsvs from Q but trusted her descriptions if I wanted to buy online rather than in store. I've only burnt the cameilla blossom for one evening - I bought it to accompany some tea lights and votives that I plan to light in the spring. It is a subtle scent, not like cherry blossom, more like a weaker champaca blossom (if you remember that one, another favourite discontinued). Also I haven't checked their site yet (note the "yet" šŸ˜„) but I received an email from just my look today saying they have YC large jars from 10.99 (they also offer free p+p) šŸ¤”šŸ˜‰

I have a horrible feeling you may be right myamoo šŸ˜ . I suppose we can only keep an eye on our account. I bought the first Harry trio tsv of which the two I've used were lovely but agree with you and boffy burnt so quickly. I suppose as I have enough candles for at least this year - and probably beyond - so will have to be strong if I dont receive the Japanese collection šŸ˜„šŸ˜

Asda and Tesco do the cheaper YC range. Often with lookie-likey scents but weaker, generally. I have bought and enjoyed a few, but they aren't the same.
Iā€™ve never bought any from Asda because I stopped buying YC a while ago because I found their fragrant throw wasnā€™t that good any more. The Milkhouse Creamery ones, that are my favourites, fill the house with fragrance. The YC ones were barely detectable in the room in which the candle was lit ā€¦. unless you like the smell of paraffin. šŸ˜³

I did like listening to Rosa though and hope that sheā€™s found something else to do now that YC are no longer on QVC.

Burning Glistening Star as we speak.
Oh that's a lovely one, I've been burning Twinkling Lights which has the same vibe as Soft Blanket - personally I've not had any problems with the quality of YCs sold through Q but maybe I've been lucky - certainly, I'll miss them being stocked on Q; I need a regular Lemon Lavender fix so will have to find another source for that!

Last edited:
. Also I haven't checked their site yet (note the "yet" šŸ˜„) but I received an email from just my look today saying they have YC large jars from 10.99 (they also offer free p+p) šŸ¤”šŸ˜‰
Hiya!

Just cursing you for posting this!

Had forgotten about Just My Look and Ā£10.99 with free post is about my level! šŸ˜‰

Going to *have* a proper look there now and hope they donā€™t have any left I like!! X

It already looks like Yankee Bundles are being impacted by this decision... they have a far smaller choice available now.

More importantly, and dangerously, YC have a sale in their website, with some candles 50% off! https://www.yankeecandle.co.uk/yankee-candle/outlet-and-sale/sale/?start=0&sz=96&view=product
Oh boy am I tempted!!
Yes youā€™re quite right May - sadly...!

I wish I had snapped up a few of the 3 large jar bundles they did just after Xmas for Ā£30...
But I have got 4 large jars unburnt - one or two for gifts in theory!! - and was trying to be sensible but they were amazing deals and a couple I wouldā€™ve chosen all 3 fragrances!

Now youā€™ve tempted me to look at YC sale as well as Just my look! X

I wonā€™t miss Yankee at all. I also wish being American owned, nevertheless QVC would sell and promote British goods. I like Prices candles,and have a lot of them. If anyone wants Yankee still, you can buy direct from their UK websites.

While I will miss YC, I agree with the point about using more UK based suppliers. Fewer shipping issues and fewer currency fluctuations to worry about.... and there are a ton of candle suppliers here in UK who could fill the gap.

Latest posts

Back