For Heaven's Sake Alexis!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Off topic but do you think you are either a Gene Kelly or a Fred Astaire fan or can you be both?

Whilst I know GK is technically better it is FA who makes my heart sing as soon as I see him move.

(Can't wait for Strictly to start)

Hum I think you've summed it up perfectly - much as the singin' in the rain scene fills me with so much joy I could burst, there's something about FA that is just so damn fun, plus he was a natural comedian. The thing I love about GK is the sheer energy that bursts out of every scene he's in - they sure don't make em like they used to!

Personally I can't stand Alexis, she's comes across as overbearingly snooty & those horrible jangling bracelets she insists on wearing are quite frankly a self-indulgent distracting rudeness I think!
I don't think she is remotely 'posh', wittering on about the 'childrens' bathroom' & how the products are such marvellous value! :dull:
I have known a fair few genuinely 'posh' people over the years, none of them as I recall have ever made their 'childrens' bathroom' a topic of conversation, probably because they don't have one, usually living in houses that have approximately 1-3 bathrooms less than they could do really do with!
They probably don't use horrendously priced shower products either, carbolic soap being more like it & I can recall at least a couple of people who I know for a fact washed with the same stuff they bathed the dogs in/washed the horses tails with!

:grin:

I think washing children's faces with saddle soap is just fine!

Off topic but do you think you are either a Gene Kelly or a Fred Astaire fan or can you be both?

Whilst I know GK is technically better it is FA who makes my heart sing as soon as I see him move.

I suppose you can, but I'd be with you on FA rather than GK. In Singin' in the Rain, I actually liked Donald O'Connor more than GK. I rather gather that GK wasn't that nice in real life.

I thought I was the only one who finds her unbearably smug so I never watch the shows so never buy the overpriced shower gel.

I love a bit of overpriced shower gel! :grin:

Me neither!! I can't believe it's that time again, this year has flown by! Launch show tomorrow, then I spend the next three weeks moaning to anyone that will listen about how I don't understand why it has to go again for three weeks when they have to learn all the subsequent dances in a week. :grin:

alexis is new money i suspect..kids go to private school,nice house, great holidays more than likely came fro a poorer background so is more grateful that life is now more plush

Can I detect some envy in the above posts? Alexis is elegant and cool. A very attractive, professional woman.

Can I detect some envy in the above posts? Alexis is elegant and cool. A very attractive, professional woman.

It is good to hear your opinion of her, Susie, because on this forum, we are free to do so :happy:

I would not call Alexis ugly, or plain, at the same time I would not call her attractive.

As for being elegant, I have not seen her stood up or seen her walking, so I cannot call her elegant ....but an elegant lady would not sit with her legs open like that.

To be called elegant, a lady walks, talks and sits properly.... Alexis does not sit elegantly.

And if you insist that a person can be called elegant, just by watching them sitting, then maybe you ought to watch Tova, she is someone I would call elegant.

Alexis is definitely cool to such extreme that we can say she is cold.

About being envious... I thought for a few minutes :thinking:, I am not envious of her "attractive" ness because I do not like her lips , the way they move when she speaks, so no, I am not envious of her face.

Am I envious of her dangling bracelets, no, I am not, because I can buy them if I wanted to, same for her dresses .

Am I envious of her life, no I am not, because I don't know if she is happy or unhappy in her house and I don't know if it is a house or a home that she has.

Maybe the only thing I could be envious of her is her hair, she has lovely hair, but then Julia and Clair Sutton have better hair than her and I am not envious of their hair.

So please don't call us envious, I only started this thread, because I do not think that females wearing short dresses should be sitting like she does when they are on air.

They can run naked for all I care when they are at home , but not when they appear in my house selling soap ( even if they are on telly )

It is good to hear your opinion of her, Susie, because on this forum, we are free to do so :happy:

I would not call Alexis ugly, or plain, at the same time I would not call her attractive.

As for being elegant, I have not seen her stood up or seen her walking, so I cannot call her elegant ....but an elegant lady would not sit with her legs open like that.

To be called elegant, a lady walks, talks and sits properly.... Alexis does not sit elegantly.

And if you insist that a person can be called elegant, just by watching them sitting, then maybe you ought to watch Tova, she is someone I would call elegant.

Alexis is definitely cool to such extreme that we can say she is cold.

About being envious... I thought for a few minutes :thinking:, I am not envious of her "attractive" ness because I do not like her lips , the way they move when she speaks, so no, I am not envious of her face.

Am I envious of her dangling bracelets, no, I am not, because I can buy them if I wanted to, same for her dresses .

Am I envious of her life, no I am not, because I don't know if she is happy or unhappy in her house and I don't know if it is a house or a home that she has.

Maybe the only thing I could be envious of her is her hair, she has lovely hair, but then Julia and Clair Sutton have better hair than her and I am not envious of their hair.

So please don't call us envious, I only started this thread, because I do not think that females wearing short dresses should be sitting like she does when they are on air.

They can run naked for all I care when they are at home , but not when they appear in my house selling soap ( even if they are on telly )

Excellently put. :clapping: I don't know why some people think that just because you don't like someone or something, you must be jealous of it/them. I don't like Debbie Flint, but I a can guarantee hand on heart, I'm not jealous of her. :mysmilie_17: As for Alexis (who was obviously named after Joan Collins character in Dynasty) to me is so miserable and boring she'd send a glass eye to sleep, not a woman I'd put on my "go for a coffee" list.

Absolutely right - it's the same syndrome whereby there's obviously either a hairbrush/comb famine in QVC Towers or they are too frightened to tell the presenters to put a comb or brush through their hair before appearing on-camera. Kathy used to look as though she'd been through a hedge backwards sometimes (I haven't seen her lately, so she might still look that way for all I know). These are such basic things that someone off-camera should be doing to tip off the presenters before they are in camera shot, and it's totally unprofessional that they don't pull them up over it (or in Alexis's case, tell her to pull it down!!).

I don't like Alexis attitude, all condescending and somewhat aggressive. She could've been sitting with her skirt up by her waist but QVC would never tell her, I mean look at the "qualified" beauty presenter, the woman has been on QVC for over twenty odd years and STILL! doesn't know which camera to look at, but will anyone tell her? absolutely not, they'd sooner her look like a right idiot than potentially upset her by pointing it out, and that's why over twenty years later, she still doesn't get it. I've even seen Chuntley and Claire Sutton almost fall out of their dresses and flash their boobs to the nation (or the couple of thousand viewers) no one tells them that either, so Alexis will just carry on with her skirt riding higher, there must be a sign in the studio that's been there since day one that states "do not! upset the presenters/guests" and every employee must swear an oath to it.

Except shop assistants normally have good knowledge of the products they sell, unlike many Q presenters, who can only talk in superlatives, make gushing noises or talk over the guests.
Vanity and snottiness are personal qualities which do not make me envious, particularly in a glorified shop girl.

I've only skimmed through this thread but am taken aback at the cattiness that seems to prevail, directed at Alexis.

I've only skimmed through this thread but am taken aback at the cattiness that seems to prevail, directed at Alexis.

Me too. OK, some peeps don't like her which is fair enough, but some comments here are just horrible.

Me too. OK, some peeps don't like her which is fair enough, but some comments here are just horrible.

Well I've met Alexis and she wasn't at all snooty, she in fact was lovely, really quite normal and down to earth with a sense of humour and what struck me was that she was a real hands on Mum who was very proud of her kids.

I sometimes wonder if these snooty women believe that by being condescending you will make us lesser mortals buy into these over priced skin preparations, I have always found her unwatchable and assumed she had a speech defect.

I've been a shop assistant, but it wasn't in a "posh" shop. I worked weekends and extra weekday hours while at university. We had to know the basics of the ranges we were selling, and how to get additional information if/when required. The priority was to assist the customer with their purchases when required, as well as general household duties. It stood me in good stead for my later career.

But QVC has decided that it isn't just selling products, it's selling lifestyles and aspiration. Which is why it has these Sloaney types (or clones and wannabes) on flogging soap for second or third homes when the customer base consists of dinner lady Doris from Derby, secretary Sue from S****horpe and cleaner Carol from Chesterfield. These women can't afford to live a "posh" lifestyle, so they'll splurge on overpriced soap and mince pies. And behave as if those lovely people taking their hard-earned cash from them are close friends even though they've never met

And I'm glad that all these close friends of Alexis are rushing to her defence! It makes me so happy that members of her inner circle will spend their time defending her from criticism on shopping telly websites! She's a very lucky woman to have such good and faithful friends!

Um, apparently a certain English town is never to be mentioned on here. :mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back