Foundation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You need to step outside QVC. Bare Minerals are bringing out a liquid foundation later this year I know.

I would go to Boots and ask them to do the machine thing and match a colour for you, tell them the coverage etc you want and they will give you a sample to try.

Personally I don't like Boots No7 makeup but that is not to say it will not work for you.

Donna, do you use BM? I gave up using it dry years ago - have had much better luck mixing the minerals with my fave moisturiser. I always manage to look too dry otherwise (though I did used to use a finishing spray and even a warm, damp washcloth to finish). Applying with a BeautyBlender or one of the knock-offs that are circulating these days makes it flawless but very natural looking.

I have tried to find the perfect foundation for years including some from QVC with no luck. Recently, after doing lots of looking around, I took the advice of someone on youtube and bought Missha B BB cream from Korea. I got shade 23 and it is perfect for my pale skin. I bought from amazon and had to wait for 2 weeks for it to arrive from Korea. It was well worth the wait. This stuff is fantastic it gives as much or as little coverage as you want and covers every blemish with a single swipe. Best thing since sliced bread. It costs around about £8 including delivery. What more can you ask for. Oh and it has SPF 42.

I use exactly the same Missha BB no23! I buy mine from an ebay seller in Korea. It's an awesome texture and even though the colour doesn't look quite right for my skin, once applied it just "disappears" but gives full coverage...weird contradiction but the wannabee BBs that all the Western beauty companies have brought out are nothing like it, they tend to be more like tinted moisturisers.

Well worth trying if you get a chance.

I normally stay well clear of foundations on QVC. I have used and quite liked BM but have given up on it because however much I buff etc, it still feels drying on my skin.
Estée Lauder Doublewear isn't bad, but can look a little cakey if applied too heavily.
In a moment of madness I ordered the Tarte Beyond BB foundation a few weeks ago. It's actually much more foundation than BB and I really like it. Gives really good coverage but leaves the skin feeling supple (unlike the BE and EL). I'm tempted to order another when it's back in stock. I have a drawerful of various half used foundations of every brand, so a repeat purchase is unheard of.
The other thing that's made a huge difference to my skin is Becca Shimmering Skin Tint (though I didn't buy mine from QVC. Applied lightly as a highlighter - it's amazing. No glitter, just a real glow.

Donna, do you use BM? I gave up using it dry years ago - have had much better luck mixing the minerals with my fave moisturiser. I always manage to look too dry otherwise (though I did used to use a finishing spray and even a warm, damp washcloth to finish). Applying with a BeautyBlender or one of the knock-offs that are circulating these days makes it flawless but very natural looking.

No not a BM user, can't be bothered with the buffing. Also read quite a few saying they used it and loved it, then suddenly one day caught sight of themselves in daylight and it looked dry and gone into their lines. BM as I said earlier in this post are bringing out a liquid foundation July is when its suppose to hit the UK.

Catseye is right the Korea BB creams are far superior the ones they sell in the UK or US. The coverage is more like a foundation.

I have used a Beauty Blender for years and I mean years, totally brilliant and I usually get a good six months or more out of one.

Reminded by Miss Molly on the Wen TSV thread about Avon products, I can recommend this product http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.asp?pf_id=37831&from=search&find_spec=anew&pagenum=4 (currently £7). It's a product they've done for years in different packaging but if time is short or you just want a boost without a full face of slap this works well for me. As it dispenses it's a pale liquid that changes colour as you apply it. It has spf20 (so don't get it in your eyes) and goes a slightly different colour on different skintones (I've even put it on DH when he won't wear sunscreen). It gives me a slightly tanned healthy look (not oompa loompa orange).

Avon foundations are pretty good too and they have a good MBG, you can return used products that don't suit for up to 90 days for a refund (send it back signed for as Avon customer service is a bit hit and miss). Once you settle on the right colour-match you can try all different textures and the colours are consistent across the range. Sadly there are very few avon ladies doing the rounds, and fewer of those carry a full set of colour samples. If you order from their website you can get 10% cashback thru Quidco and ofcourse there are always special offers so I rarely pay the full rrp for their stuff.

One of the nicest foundations I`ve tried is Youthful glow foundation by Yves Rocher. I received 3 sample sachets with an order and even though the sample colour wasn`t right for me I still used them. I have sensitive skin and very sensitive eyes and this foundation was really good. Paraben free too. I emailed them asking if they had samples in the other colours, sadly they don`t, they only have samples in light beige which is a bit daft IMO and has put me off buying it. It`s so hard to judge the correct colour from a computer screen and I simply can`t be doing with all the faffing around returning stuff.

I'm sure I must have read about this foundation matching site on here, and bookmarked it: http://findation.com/ Once you know your perfect colour of foundation in 1 or more brands, you can enter them and the site will tell you what other brands' product are also likely matches.

You could get the foundation colour matching done at the Boots no7 counter and enter it on this website to find other matches. I might do this myself next time I'm in Boots. For some reason the No7 skincare and foundations don't suit my skin, and I keep trying over the years. I don't get a reaction but they just don't sit well on my skin. Arden is another brand that doesn't work on my face, no idea why!

Ask for testers so you can apply a full face at home. Most places do them but you could always take a little pot to ask them to put a few squirts in. X

I don't weart foundation becase I can't stand the feel of it on my skin, the most I use is
a tinted cream and some blush. usually just high street brands a lot of the time. Shopping at qvc has actally made me appreciate the high street much more than I used to.

Good idea as I tried every Clinique counter for ages and the constant excuse was that they had no empty sample containers!

Ah. The no jar excuse. So, I rocked up one day with my own container to be told that the couldn't use mine in case it was contaminated! If there's a Benefit counter you could ask there as they almost always have a sample container (I've asked the SAs to go get one there a few times - they've been taken aback but done it).

I was told by a particularly helpful SA that both Clinique and EL have a refund policy that you can return and exchange, even if the item has been used. So I tried it and had no problems exchanging (though I haven't tried it for a refund).

The secret is.....bring your own but tell them you know they never have them. Then smile and say I asked at Origins(hopefully they have that counter as they always have empty pots), they were so kind and let me have one to try your product. Or actually go to Origins and ask them, there are other counters who do have them, I think MAC do as well.

Clinique are an Estee Lauder company and their other brands like Origins do have them.

Or of course you could just walk up to the tester with your pot and make your own. As the testers are out in the open for people to try they cannot do you for shoplifting.:mysmilie_59:

Sephora have a colour match gizmo, which identifies your shade match for every brand they stock. They'll write down the top three or so best matches for you and email you the full list.

The secret is.....bring your own but tell them you know they never have them. Then smile and say I asked at Origins(hopefully they have that counter as they always have empty pots), they were so kind and let me have one to try your product. Or actually go to Origins and ask them, there are other counters who do have them, I think MAC do as well.

Clinique are an Estee Lauder company and their other brands like Origins do have them.

Or of course you could just walk up to the tester with your pot and make your own. As the testers are out in the open for people to try they cannot do you for shoplifting.:mysmilie_59:

I did this at my local Boots - I wanted to get a good colour match with a Rimmel foundation (I have so many I was fed up with buying even the cheapies then finding them unwearable). I was approached by a security guard and asked to leave!

That's terrible alter ego, what did you say when asked to leave?

It's not easy to try on foundation in the middle of a busy store, so why do they have testers available if we can't make use of them properly.

I did this at my local Boots - I wanted to get a good colour match with a Rimmel foundation (I have so many I was fed up with buying even the cheapies then finding them unwearable). I was approached by a security guard and asked to leave!

That is all the more annoying for me because nearly every time I go in Boots or Superdrug, there's someone opening a brand new product for sale and trying it on - foundation, lipstick, nail polish, you name it. I once came across two schoolgirls sitting on the floor of an aisle trying self tan creams (not testers). No shame!

That is awful. I would have just told him, "I am taking a small amount to try at home." It has been known for teenagers to walk into Boots and apply a full face of make up from the testers.

That is all the more annoying for me because nearly every time I go in Boots or Superdrug, there's someone opening a brand new product for sale and trying it on - foundation, lipstick, nail polish, you name it. I once came across two schoolgirls sitting on the floor of an aisle trying self tan creams (not testers). No shame!

Sorry, alter ego, I meant the fact you were asked to leave is annoying, not the fact you were doing it! Samples are for sampling - you should have given the guard a mouthful.

Latest posts

Back