Furious isn't the word

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sja307

Registered Shopper
Bath The City which is full of Tourists & Students
A week or so ago I wrote on here, regarding returning a faulty product to Ideal World (Luminess Tanning System).

After eventually paying over the odds on phone calls on a 0870 number, as they never respond to emails. A lady from customer services (India) informed me that the item would be collected, which it was. That was over a week ago, and up until now I have still not received a phone call or email to let me know if they are going to refund me.

I have now emailed them via facebook but am NOT holding my breath!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what else to do???

Basically my friend they are not to be trusted!
I have received very poor customer service from IW and I will not purchase from them again because of it.
Asian call centers are a no no for me,and IW should use a British based call center instead of off shoring jobs to Pakistan or India.
I hope you get it sorted soon,but check your bank statement because when I got refunded they forgot to reimburse the P&P.

Isn't there another number you can call? I think it used to be a sticky on here

Isn't there another number you can call? I think it used to be a sticky on here

No, but Graham posted an email address for a guy to contact if you have issues that the IW CS can't/won't solve; it's on the stickied thread above all of our IW ones.

Not sure if this person's still dealing with customer issues.

To be fai UK call centres hardly have a good repuation

Even the bad ones understand English,and primarily that's important!
How can anyone trust or believe Asian call center employees when they tell you that there name is Adam or Tim or Hayley or Gemma.........:taphead:
They must think that we are mugs to believe that the English names they give are actually for real.
I usually hang up straight away if I get one on the other end of the line.............:call:
I have no problem doing that!

No, but Graham posted an email address for a guy to contact if you have issues that the IW CS can't/won't solve; it's on the stickied thread above all of our IW ones.

Not sure if this person's still dealing with customer issues.

This is the Email address. [email protected]
I needed it a couple of days before Christmas,got my query sorted quickly.

Feel the same as you do, i purchased a DGM tv for my son before christmas as his main present. when it was opened on christmas day it was all smashed down one side, and the screen was broken. i made arrangements to have it sent back and now 3 weeks later they are sending it back to me still broken and with no refund.. have been onto consumer direct and they said i have a good case to get my money back. i cannot afford to be out of pocket by £245.00 so i will be writing a letter today!!!
Ideal world are a disgrace. i also emailed that Gareth fella a week ago, and still no reply.!!!!!

Even the bad ones understand English,and primarily that's important!
How can anyone trust or believe Asian call center employees when they tell you that there name is Adam or Tim or Hayley or Gemma.........:taphead:
They must think that we are mugs to believe that the English names they give are actually for real.
I usually hang up straight away if I get one on the other end of the line.............:call:
I have no problem doing that!

You do realise they are told to give an English sounding name so that people back in the UK will have a chance to remember it and know how to spell it...not to deceive you.

Where I work we used to have an office in China and every employee has an English name when they joined - it does not make them any more or less trustworthy.

There are plenty of people from other parts of the world working in UK call centres as well.

You do realise they are told to give an English sounding name so that people back in the UK will have a chance to remember it and know how to spell it...not to deceive you.

Where I work we used to have an office in China and every employee has an English name when they joined - it does not make them any more or less trustworthy.

There are plenty of people from other parts of the world working in UK call centres as well.

Well you obviously would have to agree with foreign call centers seeing as your employers use them and you wouldn't want to upset them now would you.
I really cannot get my head around your reasoning Alan,so they give them English sounding names so that we in the UK will have a chance to remember it and know how to spell it ????????
What are you talking about?
If a guy is called Asif or Imran then that is his name and I think I could remember that and would have no need to right it down so I really cannot understand where you are coming from.
Basically it is deceit,and what makes it worse is that the first sentence that they use when communicating with you includes a lie about their name.
UK call centers are the only way forward in my opinion and the majority of people in this country would agree..........:up:
I wonder how many people on this forum have received scam calls from Asian call centers at unsociable hours,I would imagine there are many.
I have even had Ideal Worlds Asian call center phone me trying to flog me stuff over the phone.........UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

I rest my case..........:cheeky:

Just to let you know after several emails and a rather rude comment on Ideal Worlds Facebook page, I have now received my refund from them. I have learnt from all the comments posted on here, and will NEVER be purchasing anything else from them. Thanks to everybody that posted on this xx

Latest posts

Back