Gail and Chloe

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The food that Samways is dishing up on the Ninja TSV is appalling. The enormous burgers look disgusting and I'm not even vegetarian 🤢 not to mention thst brioche/pineapple creation🤢...she shouldn't be allowed in a kitchen much less prepare this kind of rubbish🤦🏼‍♀️
Thick burgers are a no-no. The 'trifle' she made with raw rum poured over brioche was inedible as was the pineapple chunk dessert. The lamb looked OK.

We were given out the wrappers to grease our baking tins etc in our classes! I thought that was pretty disgusting especially as the teacher kept them folded up in a tin.
Rancid!!!!! I'm all for saving money but greasing your baking tins doesn't exactly cost a King's ransom anyway so saving old wrappers for the purpose, especially when not stored properly doesn't do it for me. I'd rather buy a batch of cakes from Aldi these days!

Despite my appalling performance in DS at school, I'm actually not a bad cook! No thanks to the teachers.

CC

All true Merryone. I should write a book on "School in the 70's". I those days violence and bullying was carried out by the teachers. No one would believe it lol. If teachers carried on like today they'd be cancelled or jailed.

CC
I was at school late 70s and 80s and it was called Home Economics then. I remember the first lesson being about how to wash up properly. Yes, really! I also remember the teacher Mrs Clements showing us how to make cheese scones and she had dirt under her fingernails so when the scones were handed round I politely declined but was virtually forced into having some.🤢 I'd been making scones at home for years so stuck to my Mum's recipe which didn't go down well at all, and I got marked down for that. They got us to cook the stupidest things though. Fruit salad was one thing, and in the middle of winter we had to make a salad.

Latest posts

Back