GardenBargains

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hello bubblydolphin, last year you made your order before they fell into the clutches of Ideal World in Dec 2009. The plants we received after cancelling them were tiny but in excellent condition, I have had to pass most of them on to relatives though as I had filled all my baskets with plants bought from Homebase and B&Q.

Hi there, I didn't realise until reading the forum that IW had acquired GB. Thought they were just guesting. Won't be buying from them again. Hope all orders are completed though as not prepared to keep phoning. Have found a few good sites on web with reasonable prices and good selection. Found easyfill hanging baskets on a couple of sites and Lenny also has his own website. Will be visiting local garden centres and nurseries from now on.:grin:

Hi all of you need to email iw chief executive, and complain, i know my
mum has complained to him on a number of occasions and he has contacted her back, he will answer you. xxxxx

Hi all of you need to email iw chief executive, and complain, i know my
mum has complained to him on a number of occasions and he has contacted her back, he will answer you. xxxxx

I am fed up with trying to get sense out of IW and GB. The rest of my order arrived today, with 10 very limp looking strawberry plants and one apply tree with broken branches. Despatch from GB on 21/5/2010 and arriving today 9/6/2010.

As GB despatch the items from the nursery I have e-mailed them and am hoping they can tell me who is at fault. It looks to me like the courier may be at fault to some extent, although I was told that once they are with the courier they can take a further ten days. Why!! Other companies despatch goods and they arrive within 24/48 hours.

What happens if my plants don't grow, do I have to sent back the dead ones to prove this.
:headbang:

I am fed up with trying to get sense out of IW and GB. The rest of my order arrived today, with 10 very limp looking strawberry plants and one apply tree with broken branches. Despatch from GB on 21/5/2010 and arriving today 9/6/2010.

As GB despatch the items from the nursery I have e-mailed them and am hoping they can tell me who is at fault. It looks to me like the courier may be at fault to some extent, although I was told that once they are with the courier they can take a further ten days. Why!! Other companies despatch goods and they arrive within 24/48 hours.

What happens if my plants don't grow, do I have to sent back the dead ones to prove this.
:headbang:

finally receive my order, have to agree 100% about the strawberries..i have seen better looking weeds than what these strawberry plants look like..definately[sp?] wont be getting any strawberries from them this year !!!!:angry:

Just been reading this thread with utter dismay :angry: I placed an order for the mini orchard on 23 May with promise of delivery within 21 days. Obviously this time is up now and I have sent 2 emails (and received two automated receipts) and also sent two messages via GB website. I didn't realise until today that IW owned GB or wouldn't have placed the order.

Anyway, I found the 08454 number this morning and rang them - to speak to an Indian Call Centre!!! Was gobsmacked. The operator said "they'd been waiting for the fruit trees to grow to 5 ft". I ask you :giggle: Didn't they know 3 weeks ago that they weren't big enough then. I told him that I had the emailed order acknowledgement stating 21 days delivery to which he said the email was being amended. Still waiting for it to come! But he did say the fruit trees would be delivered within 14/21 working days. Unfortunately, if they go to full term, I will be away.

Thanks to this thread, I will be emailing Mike Hancox. CEX at IW and complaining yet again. I have always had good results taking this action, so will let you know.

P xx

Hello all.

Guess what??? Received an email this morning in reply to my emails yesterday saying they couldn't guarantee delivery before another 3 weeks!!! Emailed them back with a few choice words.

Then ... the phone rang. Chief Exec's office at Ideal World :smirk: to say that he'd personally rung the nursery to intervene and my trees will be with me THIS WEEK !!! So they CAN do it if they try eh? Had a lengthy conversation with him basically saying they have messed up - again - and he did agree but with reservations. I conceded on a couple of points but the bottom line I didn't - the one that said that the trees were in stock and ready for despatch 3 weeks ago - so why weren't they sent out!

Anybody wanting to complain with a direct contact - pm me and I'll give you his details :giggle:

P xx

Gardenbargains

Ordered direct from Garden Bargains because of poor service from Ideal World. Guess what only difference is that their p&p charge is per order. Why do Ideal World charge p&p on every item if they are coming from the same place. Had e-mail this a.m. to say order would be with me within 10-12 days. Site quoted 21 days delivery at busiest time. 21 days is up today!!! Phoned and spoke to a very polite and helpful person in their call centre which is in India (I phoned a local number?) who informed me that because there had been such a demand delivery was delayed and I would receive my items within 7-10 days. I live in hope!! :clock::confused::flower::sun:

Thanks to this thread I've resisted any temptation to order anything from GB, although I was intending to. Instead I've had some generous friends who have given me cuttings to fill up my 'virgin' garden and I've been wandering round my local garden centres with increased regularity.

I hope that all of those who are still awaiting their plants will get them quickly and that are all healthy plants/trees etc.

Ordered direct from Garden Bargains because of poor service from Ideal World. Guess what only difference is that their p&p charge is per order. Why do Ideal World charge p&p on every item if they are coming from the same place. Had e-mail this a.m. to say order would be with me within 10-12 days. Site quoted 21 days delivery at busiest time. 21 days is up today!!! Phoned and spoke to a very polite and helpful person in their call centre which is in India (I phoned a local number?) who informed me that because there had been such a demand delivery was delayed and I would receive my items within 7-10 days. I live in hope!! :clock::confused::flower::sun:

Bl.....dy hell!. This is identical to what happened to me. As they couldn't guarantee delivery before I go on jollies, I complained to CEX at Ideal World, as above, and got action. Their excuse at the Call Centre for non delivery was that they were waiting for the fruit frees to grow to 5ft !!!:mysmilie_510::mysmilie_510::mysmilie_510: I ask you - what a lame excuse.

If you want the direct email address of my contact, pm me.

P xx

Bl.....dy hell!. This is identical to what happened to me. As they couldn't guarantee delivery before I go on jollies, I complained to CEX at Ideal World, as above, and got action. Their excuse at the Call Centre for non delivery was that they were waiting for the fruit frees to grow to 5ft !!!:mysmilie_510::mysmilie_510::mysmilie_510: I ask you - what a lame excuse.

If you want the direct email address of my contact, pm me.

P xx

My order arrived friday. :yawn: Colour of plants substituted cos of failed crop??? Not exactly 2ft high either but maybe they will get there once in the garden and they do look reasonably healthy. No plant magic with order. Telephoned number on letter advising me of substitute and got to speak to a person who I believe was in England. Plant magic will be here in 7/10 days. :yawn::yawn::wonder::wonder:

I also placed an order direct with GB ('cos of the p&p), the best thing to eventually arrive was the big pots :giggle:

The strawberry plants looked as though they'd seen better days, however, I must admit they seem to have rallied and I got a few (not the lbs they boast). The raspberry canes looked dead and in fact four of them are so I contacted GB by email, got a standard 'we will get back to you', finally (6 weeks later) I received a reply saying to leave them for another few weeks to see if they improved and if they didn't to phone them.

Well they didn't and I emailed again but they didn't respond so I phoned them (yup, in India) and they are supposedly going to send me some replacement canes which will take 21-28 days! I asked why they hadn't replied to my email but she didn't seem to understand what I was saying so I didn't get a reply.

I most definitely won't be buying anything from them in the future. :angry:

I bought there fruit trees last summer with the promise of lots of fruit lol. This year I have the grand total of 2 cherries on one tree and 4 apples on the other not very good out of 4 trees. The only good thing about them has been the laugh me and other half have had over waiting for fruit to grow.

Fruit Trees

I too bought fruit trees last year. Four apples, 1 pear (which dropped off before forming completely) loads of plums but these did not mature.

The other fruit trees and strawberry plants that arrived damaged or dead have been credited to my account by a very nice lady in there admin dept in Peterborough.

Perhaps the fruit trees etc will be better in year two (i don't count the first year as they were planted too late in the season. We shall see:giggle:

Just to let you know all the items that I originally ordered have arrived. Those that were damaged of dead looking have been credited to my account. Plant magic arrived and so did grass magic, which was sent in error but I was told to keep by way of an apology for their mistake. They did redeem themselves but I will still have reservations about ordering in the future.

Seeing this post active again reminded me that I had not received a reply regarding my order issue (post 7 of this thread) so having kept the original mail they sent 'saying that customer Services were looking in to it and someone would be in touch shortly' I replied - within in two minutes I got a automated reply 'Dear Miss Delaney' which is a surprise to me as my name is Ian and I definitely ain't female (well not last time I looked anyway !!) .

So it beggars the question does everyone get the same query number allocated when contacting Garden Bargains - might explain the lack of replies responses, or is just a ploy to get everyone to B***er Off and leave them alone !

My money is on.........

I bought there fruit trees last summer with the promise of lots of fruit lol. This year I have the grand total of 2 cherries on one tree and 4 apples on the other not very good out of 4 trees. The only good thing about them has been the laugh me and other half have had over waiting for fruit to grow.

Snap, I bought them last Summer too. I was having a laugh with my son today at the state of my 'fruit orchard' and not having any fruit at all to date. One of them died, the cherry I think, and the others are a mottley, straggly sight to be honest.

When will I learn :thinking:

The only useful items were the large pots I ordered and planted the trees in which were a good buy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back