Gatineau Christmas TSV 1/12/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well shut the front door!!! Honestly it says £45 on the beauty room site and I thought that was the Andrew official one. So that would make their alleged value about right then.

Well shut the front door!!! Honestly it says £45 on the beauty room site and I thought that was the Andrew official one. So that would make their alleged value about right then.

Haha I know I was trying to see if they were the same items and they are , so either Qvc , John Lewis etc are way over priced or the beauty room have made an error with there pricing lol.

Is the microphone getting bigger in each one of these little films WWWill releases? He's not a roving reporter is he bless him!

Interesting YouTube clip, thanks! £180 for the serum!!!!! Must be the 30ml size then at the QVC/John Lewis pricing of £90 for 15ml. Crikey! Now I love a serum in the morning but that is a huge value to put on a night elixir and I was not impressed when I tried it before in a TSV. To be honest I expect my night cream to work without any extras. Still if you love AB, I guess the value is jolly good.

Interesting YouTube clip, thanks! £180 for the serum!!!!! Must be the 30ml size then at the QVC/John Lewis pricing of £90 for 15ml. Crikey! Now I love a serum in the morning but that is a huge value to put on a night elixir and I was not impressed when I tried it before in a TSV. To be honest I expect my night cream to work without any extras. Still if you love AB, I guess the value is jolly good.

What the heck £180 for a 30ml serum there taking the mick, Im sure they just pluck this prices out of thin air.

Why does every TSV contain the Lip care?

I have noticed that too. I tried that product before and I still prefer Carmex to this and any lip product I have ever used and it only costs £2:69 from Boots, which is less than even the p&p from qvc.

Now let me know if I am wrong? But usually the bigger the size the better value. Many many times on QVC AY has told us on other products, if you bought the 50mls size its X but we are doing the 100mls size and only pay M. Take Elemis PCMC its £70+ for 50mls but usually everywhere the 100mls size is £99. Other beauty brands do that Decelor bring out the super sizes and they never charge double the price just because you are getting double the product.

So Gatineau saying but our super size handcream is worth £45 as its 5 and bit of the smaller tubes is a porkie pie. You are including the price of packaging as well, it should cost much less putting product in one big tube than using 5+smaller tubes and packing them.

Hell Gatineau does that with the infamous Floracel, they show the 250mls and say its worth whatever but the 400mls size they push is never worth 3 of them.

The 400ml hand cream is back in stock from wait list for £35.01 plus £4.95 pp on 203521. I have ordered this as I like a pump dispenser one around for a day hand cream (L'Occitane at night for me) and it was the only item I wanted from the TSV!!!

I often wonder is the BIG price on some items in the TSV making people buy it? OMG the serum, handcream whatever worth £150, I must buy it it has to be good and I would not be able to buy it otherwise.

I just notice these things and to be honest they are used on QVC to push the TSV not just Gatineau. Is it deep down the glam of owning a product sold for £150? Some high end brand counters sell face creams at £350+ and yes customers do come in and buy time after time. You will see them in the newspapers, Shiseido or whoever has a new wonder cream at £350 its sold out everywhere they will tell us and has a waiting list.

Yes I love my Elemis and use it, never paid full price for PCMC or the Oxy Night Cream. I rate Marks and Spencer's own brand very highly, their neck cream is the best Boots No7 stuff breaks me out and the prices have gone up big time since the big hype about them. M&S range never does. They are all around £12 for their anti aging stuff and it gets brilliant reviews. All week(now sold out online but still in the stores), they had large gift sets of five full size products £60 down to £30 worth £65. Okay it included the facial wipes at £5 but still half price if you gave those away(which I will).

Donna I always wonder about no7 skincare as they always have those £5 off vouchers, to not lose out on that the cost price of the product must be very low. I know cost doesn't always equal quality with skincare, but it does make me wonder about that range.

Same as with Gatineau really and the supposed value of the TSV.

Latest posts

Back