General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having the appropriate model is vital for authenticity, i'm afraid Bid often fail miserably in that respect.

although miss jaxx came across as incredibly charming on come dine with me, i didn't notice any bid items in her home, i'm sure you won't be surprised to hear.

although i do like elisa too. not too sure why, maybe i just don't dislike her.

although miss jaxx came across as incredibly charming on come dine with me, i didn't notice any bid items in her home, i'm sure you won't be surprised to hear.

although i do like elisa too. not too sure why, maybe i just don't dislike her.

I didn't see any evidence of Sally following her own advice on CDWM either!

She should follow Mikes example, from what I hear his house often gets confused with Bid tv's warehouse as he has purchased so many of their items.

Sorry, but I still think you are wrong because James didn't say trichroic as you stated, he said trichloric which as you clearly know is a different thing altogether.

Maybe i'm confused because of the language used by so called expert websites, Gems TV says 'Tanzanite is a gemstone that really sparkles under any lighting condition. A pair of Tanzanite Earrings will display colour hues from light Periwinkle Blue through to deep ocean blues. It is also possible to view flashes of pink from gemstones set into a pair of Tanzanite Earrings, as Tanzanite is a trichloric gemstone.

Jewellery Africa say it is trichloric too, maybe they are not being specific and if so I apologise but they both seem pretty clear to the layman, nevertheless I am certain James didn't say Trichroic. Far be it from me to defend him but in this case I don't think he is guilty!

http://jewelafrica.com/tanzanite/choosing-tanzanite/
Did you read what I said at all? Tanzanite is not trichloric, because it contains no chlorine. The site you've picked out clearly has a spelling mistake.

Shall I show you some quotes of my own?

tanzaniteag.com said:
Tanzanite is a trichroic gemstone, meaning that light that enters the stone is divided into three sections, each containing a portion of the visible spectrum. After heating, tanzanite becomes dichroic. The dichroic colors are purple and blue. The hue range of Tanzanite is blue-purple to purple-blue.

Wikipedia said:
Tanzanite is universally heat treated in a furnace, with a temperature between 550 and 700 degrees Celsius, to produce a range of hues between bluish-violet to violetish-blue.

mindat.org said:
Untreated tanzanite is trichroic which means it displays 3 different colours depending on the orientation of the crystal, those 3 colours are yellowish green, pale blue and purple/violet, upon heating to between 500-600C the Vanadium ions oxidize which changes the absorption spectrum, effectively removing the greenish yellow hue and deepening the purple and blue, once heated the tanzanite is no longer trichroic, but dichroic which means it only shows 2 colours.

Mike said he got allocated two more lots of stock of the rug. Is that before or after people missed out but got charged for their call? Out of all bid's dirty tactics and there are many, the one where they have limited stock but due to the miracle or warehouse Bob they "found" more stock is one of the worse.

PJ

i'm stunned. plain stunned.

i'm not as knowlegable about the inner dynamics of shopping tv as most of you, but how... just how can you stop selling a variation of a product just because you 'want some to sell tomorrow' why on earth would you not want to sell out if you could.

this stinks of dodgy filthy business ethics and i consider myself quite fair towards the channel and it's presenters.

Mike said he got allocated two more lots of stock of the rug. Is that before or after people missed out but got charged for their call?

PJ

He made it clear when the chocolate was running out and he said not to call if they wanted it. He then said that more stock would appear if they could sell 80% of the stock.

Don't wont blasted rugs.Cant they sell anything but jewellery as well.More products that we need.

Did you read what I said at all? Tanzanite is not trichloric, because it contains no chlorine. The site you've picked out clearly has a spelling mistake.

Shall I show you some quotes of my own?

That's all very well, but James simply didn't say what you suggested.

So while I admire your diligence, he didn't say it. You are wrong, but if you are confident in your view of what he said why not contact the ASA? I think you'll find you won't be able to back it up.

Your call.

i'm stunned. plain stunned.

i'm not as knowlegable about the inner dynamics of shopping tv as most of you, but how... just how can you stop selling a variation of a product just because you 'want some to sell tomorrow' why on earth would you not want to sell out if you could.

this stinks of dodgy filthy business ethics and i consider myself quite fair towards the channel and it's presenters.

Do you remember the spiel: 'Now if you bought that duvet cover you will have to come in early for the matching throw because we have less of these'..... Um, why not wait until they roll out another 100 with a different salesperson on different shift?

Do you remember the spiel: 'Now if you bought that duvet cover you will have to come in early for the matching throw because we have less of these'..... Um, why not wait until they roll out another 100 with a different salesperson on different shift?

i've never in my life seen a channel say "we will make more product available when we have sold a certain amount of the other variation". surely it is illegal/breaking some sort of rule, to say you are sold out when you haven't. i do understand what you are saying miss hillary, i see it as common place that a product will appear on price drop half an hour after it was on bid... but i've never seen them more or less blackmail people into buying a product to get another one brought back in the same sale.

it's like they are sticking two fingers up at their critics and ofcom.

That's all very well, but James simply didn't say what you suggested.

So while I admire your diligence, he didn't say it. You are wrong, but if you are confident in your view of what he said why not contact the ASA? I think you'll find you won't be able to back it up.

Your call.
I have contacted the ASA about it.

FFS bid stop with the music which sounds like you are about to sell a Faberge Egg. You are selling something that gets rid of hard skin. Useful but not priceless.

PJ.

Stop saying ladies u bunch of sexist creeps on bidtv they make me sick, steve macDonald sexist creep.Men are all thick,
Well bidtv presenters are so dumb they couldn't get a real JOB, in the real world.Not watching this guy ever you sexist arogant pig.

Really enjoying Steve and Helen tonight on bid, lots of fun, reading text messages, playing about with the picture when selling the tv booster, someone in the gallery took an awful pic of Helen too and Steve went over to price drop to ask Lisa where she got a dress from, then Lisa came on to bid because Steve had taken all her viewers...reminds me of the old days

Really enjoying Steve and Helen tonight on bid, lots of fun, reading text messages, playing about with the picture when selling the tv booster, someone in the gallery took an awful pic of Helen too and Steve went over to price drop to ask Lisa where she got a dress from, then Lisa came on to bid because Steve had taken all her viewers...reminds me of the old days

I agree it was all good fun, I've been enjoying watching Steve on PD for the past few months & he's been a great laugh. I hope he stays as a regular on Bid & Peter just does the occasional appearance.

I agree it was all good fun, I've been enjoying watching Steve on PD for the past few months & he's been a great laugh. I hope he stays as a regular on Bid & Peter just does the occasional appearance.

can't see that happening mr m, from what i have gathered from this forum, peter simon is a big draw for bid tv in terms of sales.

can't see that happening mr m, from what i have gathered from this forum, peter simon is a big draw for bid tv in terms of sales.

True, he does seem to do better with the higher priced items. Perhaps he would struggle if he stuck to regulations & avoided the ASA complaints and be more on par with some of the other presenters. It will be interesting to see if his level of sales remain the same when he comes back from his "holiday" as most of the other presenters have really cleaned up their acts & are very good now.

in my opinion, elisa is excellent.

currently making it crystal clear that people should not phone yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back