Get Ready The Wedding Pics!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OMG!!!! I didn't know that! I bet AY made them pay her for the video footage & permission to show etc.
Her dress was ICE BLUE!

Can't find a clip of the wedding but there's footage from the wedding shower from around 2.00 of this clip and they bring Simon on too.

Last edited:
Now we live in a digital world at least we have the choice whether to view people`s wedding photos or any other photos. I regularly skim past photos on my facebook page or I delete them and on occasion have actually blocked people`s posts from appearing because of photo overload. One facebook friend would post at least a dozen photos a day of her grandson, another posted equally as many photos of her cat and another one is in love with Jeremy Corben so posts every photo she can find of him in the day`s press.
When I married in the early 70`s your wedding photographer would send you all of the day`s photos with numbers on the back of them and you chose which ones you wanted in your album and a few weeks later your album magically appeared with a clear plastic dust cover and tissue paper inserts between each page. It was also the norm for parents and in laws to have their own smaller albums. Plus your Mum would hawk the sample pics around Aunties, Grannies and other close relatives and they`d be expected to add their choice of photo to a list with a " Oh I`ll have R236 because it gives a lovely view of the cake our Doris made " and then your photo would be framed and sit on a sideboard somewhere and probably never looked at again but dusted religiously at least once a week.

Nice photos. Whether we like what they are wearing or not their wedding there choices.

Yes of course it is, I can’t see anyone saying otherwise, the thing is when you put every single aspect of your wedding out there so publicly both on air or social media, were there’s no escape from it, it invites people to have an opinion, both positive and negative.

My first wedding was in the 80s and we had a similar album Vienna, and my Mum had a smaller version. I'm glad I didn't bin mine when I binned the marriage as it has pictures of relatives long gone. I rarely look at it but it's there if I want to.

My first wedding was in the 80s and we had a similar album Vienna, and my Mum had a smaller version. I'm glad I didn't bin mine when I binned the marriage as it has pictures of relatives long gone. I rarely look at it but it's there if I want to.

I left our wedding album at mum's and that,with lots of other lovely things, including my wedding dress,went in the skip when they moved. I was gutted she never gave me the chance to have anything. She didn't have a sentimental or sympathetic bone in her body.

Do you think she wore toe posts,emu boots or skechers on her feet.:mysmilie_17:

She wrote the following in one of her blogs: 'I had a second dress fitting on Tuesday and I’m back there again on Sunday to finalise the length. Shoes are always a huge issue for me with my ‘poorly’ ankle, so in the end I decided on little flat toe-post sandals – at least I should be able to walk in them'.

I left our wedding album at mum's and that,with lots of other lovely things, including my wedding dress,went in the skip when they moved. I was gutted she never gave me the chance to have anything. She didn't have a sentimental or sympathetic bone in her body.

Oh how sad, such a shame. My Mum was a little "unusual" in what she regarded as important or not too. When my Dad died one of his old WW2 comrades wrote the most touching letter saying how Dad had helped him survive their time in North Africa. I didn't want the sympathy cards we received but I would have kept that letter! She also chucked out many of his photos and some sketches and painting he did.

:sad:

'Liking' your post seems wrong because what I've just read is awful, what a horrible thing to do.

It's nice of her to share some pics. I didn't notice a big fuss building up to it, the way there was with AY's wedding, with an on air bridal shower and her flogging products for weeks in advance that she claimed to be using to get her skin ready for the big day. If that wasn't enough, we got her wedding video on a 24 hour loop at Christmas - that was when they used to cease trading for the day.

I'm sure I remember that they did a series of shows in the weeks before Jilly Halliday got married & I also think her wedding featured in a magazine. Of course nothing could make up for the fact that her wedding took place on the same day as the funeral of Princess Diana.

A lovely glimpse of two of Amica in this. So sad that she's gone.
It's amazing how glowingly radiant and healthy she looks there and yet she was taken in such a short space of time. I got quite choked when I caught a glimpse of her. I don't think I could bear to watch a loved one on film when they're no longer here, not for a very, very long time afterwards anyway. I hope Amica's husband and children are doing okay.

I remember may years ago meeting Amica in a l'occitane store beautiful graceful woman she was

Hmmm, my mum did that too. Not my wedding photos but just about every other thing I ever owned. Didn't say she was binning everything and I never got a chance to rescue anything. Maybe that's why I hoard stuff now.

CC

Amica was beautiful in every respect & obviously loved by those who worked with her. I too hope her husband & daughters are alright.

Oh how sad, such a shame. My Mum was a little "unusual" in what she regarded as important or not too. When my Dad died one of his old WW2 comrades wrote the most touching letter saying how Dad had helped him survive their time in North Africa. I didn't want the sympathy cards we received but I would have kept that letter! She also chucked out many of his photos and some sketches and painting he did.

:sad:

My paternal grandfather died in 1936 when dad was 19 and my gran threw out everything of his,photos included. The only picture we have of him is in 1916 in th US were he went to teach the American cavalry how to ride.

Latest posts

Back