Given Liz Earle a piece of my mind!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
OK, well probably not her personally but one of her minions!!

Was most miffed to find she sold out to Avon (ding dong), was even more miffed the other day to catch a bit of a show to hear them spouting about it being a British company..... oh to have been able to get a text scrolling along the bottom of the screen when that was said... 'not bl**dy anymore, she's sold her soul to the devil... Avon'!!

Anyway, I had finally started to get through my stock pile of Colon Polish and I must have found a bottle that had the mystery missing ingredient because no matter how hard I try it absolutely will NOT remove waterproof mascara... grrrrr AND not only that, my eye lids have gone all scabby and crusty, looks a bit like exzema and I can only put it down to the Colon Polish.

So bearing all this in mind, I sent a rather terse email to Liz Earle and received in reply......

Many thanks for your recent email.

Although Avon has acquired Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare, we will
continue to operate as a standalone beauty brand, under our co-founders
Liz and Kim, our CEO and management team.

Quality and service are at the heart of everything we do and our
philosophy, principles, products and commitment to service will remain
exactly the same as they have done for the last 15 years. We will
continue to formulate high performance products using the finest quality
naturally active ingredients sourced from around the world with the help
of our in-house ethnobotany team.
Our new ownership will give us an international platform to fly the flag
globally but we will remain firmly rooted in our home on the Isle of
Wight.

Also, there are no plans for Liz Earle products to be available in the
Avon brochure.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further
assistance.

Yawn! 100% owned by Avon so standalone?!?!?! Sounds like b*llocks!! That is obviously a standard reply as it's not the first time I've seen words to that affect from them so they must be getting quite a few complaints.

My response to the above was a little stronger!! Gggrrrrr!

And another one bites the dust!!

Yikes! That sounds really nasty Lily. I use Simple eye make remover, get's off everything and no problem with residue or sensitivity - and it's cheap and easily available at the supermarket so no ridiculous p+p.

I've moved on to Boots No.7 Hot Cloth Cleanser and it's brill - twice as much ml for less £s than than 100ml of C&P. Doesn't smell quite as nice but does the same job, takes mascara off without stinging eyes. Very happy I've switched.

i am not really sure that such an over reaction is healthy!!!

i have used the LE range and found other ranges more suited to me. however, i am not sure why there is any reason to rant at her or the company for a perfectly reasonable business decision. and there is absolutely no reason to believe that the company will alter...i have seen countless businesses that have the same thing happen and there is very little difference to the way the company is run.

if the products do not suit, then go to another range...there are loads out there. i now love the a'kin range (thanks in no small part to Love A'Kin!!!!) and while I would not go back to LE, i have a lot of respect for her due to the fact that she always made her products so affordable.

I do not understand why Avon has bought the company - and yet have no plans to put it in their catalogue??

What annoys me is the constant insistence that they have never changed CnP when they clearly have and for a lot of users (me included) it's not effective anymore. It doesn't take off makeup like it used to. I've moved to A'kin and am staying there! I'm not really bothered about the Avon thing, but I do find Liz a bit too sweet to be wholesome these days...

Liz Earle/Avon

well you could've knocked me down with a fevver when I read about Avon buying out Liz Earle - and my first thought was great, be able to buy it from the Avon catalogue...! I do like her Cleanse'n'Polish, have tried other things in the range but not mad about them. However, at the moment am using a Boots Botanicals cleansing balm which I love and only about £7..in fact am dipping into the range quite a bit with cleansers (they do a nice nourishing eye make-up remover) face and eye creams..no I don't work for Boots, but I am over 60 and do get the 10% discount on their own brands!

well you could've knocked me down with a fevver when I read about Avon buying out Liz Earle - and my first thought was great, be able to buy it from the Avon catalogue...! I do like her Cleanse'n'Polish, have tried other things in the range but not mad about them. However, at the moment am using a Boots Botanicals cleansing balm which I love and only about £7..in fact am dipping into the range quite a bit with cleansers (they do a nice nourishing eye make-up remover) face and eye creams..no I don't work for Boots, but I am over 60 and do get the 10% discount on their own brands!

I like this range too, the eyemake up remover is great, feels like a treatment.

I thought LE stuff had changed about the time they changed the packaging from pink and homely to blue and slick... I certainly didn't find it as effective and I thought the texture changed significantly.

Don't like Liz Earle or her products.. C&P turned me into a pimply 50 year old!!!

Liz Earle is a business woman,clearly her brand is not a vocation, I don't care really, but I prefer Avon products to hers if push came to shove!

Yikes! That sounds really nasty Lily. I use Simple eye make remover, get's off everything and no problem with residue or sensitivity - and it's cheap and easily available at the supermarket so no ridiculous p+p.

I use it as well, wouldn't go back to Gatineau now.

On the other post about this same subject, I actually copied and pasted a quote from Avon. It did suggest that in the future LE would be available through the Avon reps. Perhaps a seperate booklet but it did it say we are looking at that direction in the future.

I appreciate that the whole Avon and LE thing bothers people, but in my opinion if the products work then I am happy.

In my mind this is just like Estee Lauder owning MAC, Clinique, Aveda, Origins and Jo Malone all of which in my mind operate as separate companies to Estee Lauder.

Is it not worth just waiting and seeing what happens - as if there is more funding available maybe there can be a LE Salon up north!!

I realise that people won't agree with this but would like to put my thoughts out there.

In terms of the C&P and the removal of Almond Milk I see that on the LE Ebay Store there is some old formula product for sale.

Chris

i am not really sure that such an over reaction is healthy!!!

i have used the LE range and found other ranges more suited to me. however, i am not sure why there is any reason to rant at her or the company for a perfectly reasonable business decision. and there is absolutely no reason to believe that the company will alter...i have seen countless businesses that have the same thing happen and there is very little difference to the way the company is run.

if the products do not suit, then go to another range...there are loads out there. i now love the a'kin range (thanks in no small part to Love A'Kin!!!!) and while I would not go back to LE, i have a lot of respect for her due to the fact that she always made her products so affordable.

Thanks for your input. In my eyes it wasn't an over reaction (pardon the pun), more annoyance that she could bang on about how proud she was of her products and her company being British made, based on the Isle of Wight, wonderful 'naturally active' blah, blah, blah but then sell out to an American company that doesn't have the best ethics in the world as soon as a good deal of wonga is chucked her way.

A good business woman maybe, but it's a sad day when another British company goes down the toilet!

IMHO.

I appreciate that the whole Avon and LE thing bothers people, but in my opinion if the products work then I am happy.

In my mind this is just like Estee Lauder owning MAC, Clinique, Aveda, Origins and Jo Malone all of which in my mind operate as separate companies to Estee Lauder.

Is it not worth just waiting and seeing what happens - as if there is more funding available maybe there can be a LE Salon up north!!

I realise that people won't agree with this but would like to put my thoughts out there.

In terms of the C&P and the removal of Almond Milk I see that on the LE Ebay Store there is some old formula product for sale.

Chris

That is exactly how I see it too.

Thanks for your input. In my eyes it wasn't an over reaction (pardon the pun), more annoyance that she could bang on about how proud she was of her products and her company being British made, based on the Isle of Wight, wonderful 'naturally active' blah, blah, blah but then sell out to an American company that doesn't have the best ethics in the world as soon as a good deal of wonga is chucked her way.

A good business woman maybe, but it's a sad day when another British company goes down the toilet!

IMHO.

So what did they actually say about the reaction you had on your eyes? They are usually very good at refunding the cost of the products if you have had a reaction.

IMHO.

I totally understand the frustration that a small company has been bought by a larger one, but I do think that the whole premise of LE has been very transparent and is based on botanicals and is based on a natural products. As I say, I am not LE's biggest fan - I have found other products are cleaner and work more effectively (to me) but I am fully aware that she has invested a lot of her time and effort to make a brand work and has in the process shown that a product does not have to be full of chemicals to work.

Whilst I would never celebrate the closure of a good company, particularly a British one, I would particularly be bothered because of the fact that values and employment and money would be taken out of the country....none of these things are happening in this case...

I think LE, both the person and the company deserves a lot of credit for making so much more available...I have honestly struggled to find good natural products that work but in the last 5 years have seen so many more come about....this is in no small part due to the fact that the market has seen a demand generated by the LE product..and while she makes it all look very effortless, I have no doubt that there were times when it was unbelievable hard work...but that could only work with someone who believed in the product...and obviously had a good business mind too.

The only reason I say it was an over-reaction is because I doubt the Avon thing will make much difference to the company at all...

[In terms of the C&P and the removal of Almond Milk I see that on the LE Ebay Store there is some old formula product for sale.
/QUOTE]

Actually,although they use an old photo which shows the almond milk c&p, this isn't what they send out if you order it. The c&p changed over 18 months ago and apprently none of that stock remains anywhere. I learned this when I went to the customer event at the store-one of the ladies I met had thought she could get the old stock from the ebay outlet but she emailed them and they said no, we need to change the picture-yet I believe that old picture still shows which is pretty poor customer service really.

I ran out of C&P recently whilst away and bought some Tesco BNatural Cream Cleanser - which is also a hot cloth cleanser - and am very happy with it so far. It's about £4.70 for 150 mls and so, although you use slightly more per pump than C&P, works out at comfortably less than half the price on a use-per-use basis.

I have said before, I also like the St Ives cleanser,which comes in versions for dry skin and combination. It is only £4 something, I bought several tubes when Tesco had it on sale for £2.11. I don't know what it's beauty without cruelty/natural status is,but it works really well, and as LE is alligning itself with a company that isn't as fussed about such issues then I don't see it's any different. A lot of companies seem t have jumped on the hot cloth cleanser trend, but then I think Eve Lom had hers out before LE didn't she? I've never tried that-way out my price league, but my skincare-crazy hairdresser used to use it: she has gone over to simple cleanser and nivea moisturisers and raves about them now. I will work my way through my shameful amount of stash and then see what I fancy trying:I do like the look of the A'kin stuff but refuse to buy anything until I have worked my way through my cupboard.

Latest posts

Back