Groundhog Day (again)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
What has happened to QVC's product line up? I know it's been brought up on the forum before but it just seems to be getting worse. There is so little to watch now. It looks like there is a lot on, but it's the same shows over and over during the day and in those shows, the same products in each hour. It might as well be a taped programme just repeated half a dozen times - much the same as the beauty channel operates. Once you've seen a show, that's it, you know what the rest of the day will be. I appreciate they might be having leaner times with the depression but it's time there was a shakeup in QVC towers. New buyers or new management - whatever it needs to make the channel and the stuff they sell exciting again. It's not helping that they keep shoving technology down out necks again. Starting from last weekend, there are 4 TSV's in a 8 or 9 day period. Most of us already have televisions and cameras we're happy with. People must be buying, or else they wouldn't do it, but I presume they're aiming at the stream of new customers, because that looks good, and letting those of us who have been shopping for years just flounder.

Quality needs to be reassessed too. I've had two jewellery items in succession that have had faults in them and needed to be sent straight back. Reducing the quality of items a tiny bit might save them loads over a huge production run but it won't encourage people back to buy more.

Something needs to be done PDQ.

I totally agree with you. I do wonder if we have become more cynical or disillusioned and always exect more. I hardly seem to watch anymore, and just get TSV headups from here. I flick through the channels and might watch for 10 - 30 min, but I can not even remember when I last watched a whole hour. I still go through the TV schedule, but there is just rarely something specific I want to see.

I agree too, but at least it's saving me some money as I don't tune in half as much as I used to.

Me too dottiebird. The last thing I bought was the Philosophy TSV back in November.

Now I know we on here have harped on and on about this but the p&p charges are what's putting me off. Nearly £7 to send an handbag out. I mean COME ON!!

I hardly ever watch QVC now unless its a show I want to watch - I check the TV guide on the red button to see what's on.

QVC is just the same old same old these days and they expect us to pay through the nose to shop with "the number one shopping channel" well, QVC, in the words of a song "That Don't Impress Me Much!":cheeky:

I remember when I used to get quite excited about Beauty Days and I would watch every programme on the day and spend a fortune.

Nowadays, I bet we could all list the same old products that will be wheeled out for us on Beauty Day on Sunday. Quite sad really.

I am sick of the Techie TSVs as well. And Kim is on far too much with those horrendous "clothes". If I wore any of that tat on a Saturday night out at the pub, I would be a laughing stock and wouldn't be able to show my face for the rest of the year.

My theory (ahem)

QVC is/used to be very well known for its jewellery and if you recall, used to highlight at least one jewellery TSV (normally set into gold) per week, or so it seemed. They had Diamonique week and Gem week every other month respectively, interspersed with other gold shows etc etc. I remember buying a 14ct gold diamonique pendant with a lot of gold in it for £26 and that seems incredible now.

And now...the price of gold has gone wobbly bonkers on the stock market and everywhre and what do they do? If you notice their gem-set jewellery is now at a very high price and whereas you could buy a pretty ring with say amethyst and garnet in it for £30, as I did a few year ago, you'd be lucky to get it for £80 now.

And where is...citrine-featured hours, garnet, peridot, gold in general. Almost nowhere.

What do they fill the hours with. TVs and cameras, it would seem. And...(aaaarrrghhhh...agate)

If QVC would invest in a couple of "BIG" names like Molton Brown, have a beauty day with them as the TSV then not only would we probably buy more than one TSV we would probably buy other brands that were showing that day too - like we did in the good old days. Now, beauty days don't really do anything for me I'm afraid. Money is tighter, well certainly in my household, and it takes a really good TSV for me to buy more than one never mind just one TSV. QVC need to buck up their ideas a bit and invest. I only watch beauty shows so can't really comment on any other department. They need to refine their beauty department - too many brands and too much tat. Less brands and a better quality of brands and they may just have the magic ingredient. Sometimes less is more.

I thought that today, especially with today's Centigrade TSV looking so similar to one they had this time last year.

Perhaps this is why I haven't bought much from QVC lately. I've seen it (and probably bought it! :blush:) all before! :giggle:

I thought that today, especially with today's Centigrade TSV looking so similar to one they had this time last year.

Perhaps this is why I haven't bought much from QVC lately. I've seen it (and probably bought it! :blush:) all before! :giggle:

I realy don't understand why they had the Centigrade TSV today.
As u say it is so similar to the previous one, which I have in the stone and marks realy easily and to that I hear u say "just throw it in the washing machine"......yeah, but not every time I wear it!!!........
then have the previous one(mine) as a hot pick:doh:
Last thing I bought was a gossip watch which fell apart as I opened the box grrrr:angry:

I do think that the same shows appear to be on more frequently than I remember previously, e.g. NN, Dennis Basso, Nina Leonard, Centigrade etc. :wonder:
It would be interesting to find out if they get huge sales from all of the above & that's the reason they are on so often.

Have buyers defected from Ideal World? Really uninspiring, tired old stuff.

I am fortunate to be able to get about and went to House of Fraser at the weekend. All the "high end stuff" from QVC at better prices, gorgeous clothes at great prices (admittedley from the sale but even so..). Had a lovely day out and came home with my purchases. Taking account of £5.00 parking fee against about £30.00 odd if I had ordered various items and I didn't have to wait about a week. Happy days..

Apologies to people who are not as fortunate as me and are not able to get out and about. Its a pity QVC don't have any real shopping telly competition. Mail order sites are MUCH better I ordered some Jo Malone products 3 days ago - 5 separate products one delivery charge of £3.99. QVC should be ashamed of their P&P.

Between 7am and 11pm today there will be SIX HOURS of Richard Jackson's flipping Garden. Even Richard Jackson must be bored senseless.

I agree with all of the above. I very rarely watch these days just look at the TV guide. I haven't brought anything since the Elemis TSV in December. The TV schedule is becoming as boring as IW, not quite as bad but getting there rapidly. We can all look on the bright side, they are saving us money

I'v noticed a couple of things. There seem to be fewer hours dedicated to gold and Jan Springer seems to have disappeared. Diamonique hours are less frequent as well methinks. What I have also noticed is that none of us seem to have trouble resisting the TSV's anymore. How long is it since anyone had a reprimand from Love Heart for example. I certainly don't buy as much as I used too beucase I am less well off than before BUT the temptation isn't really there either.

:talking:

Couldn't agree more, Almerinda and sadly, all the things you mentioned are those I enjoyed seeing - though not necessarily buying - most. I last bought a small "wish I was
a real tanzanite" ring which was reduced other than that all I buy is BE makeup. I have to
wear makeup to cover a skin condition and BE is the only one I've ever used which doesn't
look as if I'm wearing any and for the first time ever my skin looks wonderful, but as I now
have about a years supply I won't be buying anymore in the near future. I yearn for them
to offer something really exciting, that makes me think "WOW" but the way things are
going I could be in for a long wait.
Best wishes from Springflower.

I'v noticed a couple of things. There seem to be fewer hours dedicated to gold and Jan Springer seems to have disappeared. Diamonique hours are less frequent as well methinks. What I have also noticed is that none of us seem to have trouble resisting the TSV's anymore. How long is it since anyone had a reprimand from Love Heart for example. I certainly don't buy as much as I used too beucase I am less well off than before BUT the temptation isn't really there either.

:talking:

Hello.
I have semi retired from f.a.r.t.ing due lack of interest. If anyone needs a reprimand and help I am still available.

I am watching less & less but have 'managed' to make a few purchases.I ordered the NN TSV which I was pleased with, am waiting for the coathanger TSV to arrive although I have been in Dunelm this a.m & seen something very similar at a fraction of the price.I was very pleased with the Smashbox 'mega palette' ordered a few weeks ago.I have had a card with details of the LG TSV but it is a B&B, eye shadows & a lip gloss which I don't think I will be going for.QVC will have to use their massive buying power to offer great TSV's 'cos there is a lot of competition out there

Latest posts

Back