Grundig Mixer pacjkage, POTD 3rd June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi All :)

Received my Grundig mixer Today, allso with a non standard UK plug. I fired off an Email to Gareth Parker, but it seems he's only leave until 18th of June.

I had a frustrating attempt at getting sense from CS and got nowhere. I've called the Grundig technical helpline who have arranged to collect this machine by courier and exchange for a UK version in its place. Hope this may be helpfull to some of you.

mine's on the van for delivery, according to the tracking. I suspect it will also be a case of 'the wrong plug'. Wonder if Wallace and Gromit will do a sketch on this. ie like 'The Wrong trousers'.

mine's on the van for delivery, according to the tracking. I suspect it will also be a case of 'the wrong plug'. Wonder if Wallace and Gromit will do a sketch on this. ie like 'The Wrong trousers'.
"
I suspect they all may be "plugged in wrong". The lady on the phone said maybe a batch had been mixed up, who knows if this is correct.

it's here

Well.............................it's arrived.........................................and it's got :sweat:

a standard 3 pin UK plug.

My word, the box was heavy and I was muttering and chummering to myself about the plug. Of course, to see which plug is attached, the whole thing has to come out of the packaging. I was so relieved to see a 'proper plug'.

So, I am sorry that some have slipped through with the wrong plug. Ideal World have known about this issue for some time and it is disappointing that they are still sending out some 2 pin plugs from their suppliers. That is not on, at all, and disrespectful to their customers. Absolutely wrong. Surely they can check Lot numbers for rogue batches unless they are all mixed up in the Lots and it's pot luck what customers receive. Not good.

It is a handsome machine - shiny black - and I'm going to try it out tomorrow or Saturday.

Not long in from work and hubbie took in the delivery today. I'm too tired to be disappointed this evening by opening the box and finding the wrong plug but supppose I must... off I go, back soon.

What will mine be....

Thank goodness.... its a 3 pin, didn't have the energy to fight IW if it wasn't. Like dollydimple, I feel for those who got a 2 pin, how very very annoying. Hope IW exchange them smoothly.

It is a really lovely mixer, not too big so fits nicely on the worksurface. Will also use it at the weekend, birthday cake to make :)

Mine is actually a 3 pin! Round 3 pin tho! I have no idea what they have done with this order:taphead:

I wonder who else but Gareth Parker monitors this site? You would think someone would keep an eye on things while hes on leave:wonder:

When I recieved my grundig mixer 2/3 weeks ago from ebuyer the first thing I did was check the plug after reading on here about them being sent out with the wrong ones, mine was in the box in plastic etc but the plug was outside the packaging, which made me wonder if they had changed it before sending it out.
Makes me wonder if ideal world are professional at all, not only did I get lower price , free pp and a correct plug from ebuyer it arrived within 3 days

Yep, two pin continental plugs in India but i doubt anyone there would want to buy the Grundig mixer. 400w motor is a very poor spec.

Not so bad for the money - and torque is more important than the actual wattage - the Bamix hand blender has a low wattage compared to rivals but it has the torque and strength to be better.

For the price it should be okay. I agree that the torque is important as is the wattage of the motor. This will affect how hard it has to work, how long the motor will last and how loud it is in use. I was faced with the same dilemma and after much research online and with "Which" I opted for the Kitchen Aid.

Not so bad for the money - and torque is more important than the actual wattage - the Bamix hand blender has a low wattage compared to rivals but it has the torque and strength to be better.

I go to India quite frequently with work and all of our modern office space is fitted out with 3 PIN round sockets. The office complex is less than 5 years old. The socket spacing does mean that you can get a continental two pin in the socket. I use that adaptor when I travel.

To insert the continental plug I have to first insert a pencil to press in the earth pin to release the security covers on the live and neutral pins. It is always a scary moment. Tip never use a metal pen!

Hotels I have stayed in have had various combinations of sockets from 2 or 3 Pin to a multistandard socket that will take a UK plug without conversion. Often I have seen continental sockets for the guest but 3 pin sockets low down for the cleaners to use

Everything I find on line says India has standardised on a 3 PIN BS546 which was the old UK standard.

But heck in India there is no such thing as a universal standard and anything can happen. I never cease to be amazed at the variety of ways in which things are used.

Sorry to appear anal about this. I studied this stuff 30 years ago as part of my degree so tend to notice this stuff

Stuart.

StuartF - it's good to hear from someone who knows-their-stuff through education and/or experience. I learn quite a bit on here, how much I retain can be quite a different matter! ;-)

I agree, it sounded so good, but as you say only 400w motor - so that's why! Also seen the same mixer in the studiouk booklet for the same price. It always pays to check the items out first.

I bought a toby steamer from ebay and was told it had the continental plugon it, but it came with an adaptor and has always been fine.

Anyone done any making/baking with theirs yet? I haven't had the time but was just wondering, what is so poor about the 400 w motor? It looked pretty effective to me in the demos.

I agree, it sounded so good, but as you say only 400w motor - so that's why! Also seen the same mixer in the studiouk booklet for the same price. It always pays to check the items out first.

I bought a toby steamer from ebay and was told it had the continental plugon it, but it came with an adaptor and has always been fine.

400w does not make it bad though - just as 80w speakers are not always better the 40w ones a 400w motor is no always worse than an 800w one.

I have made cakes and meringues bakewell tarts and pastry ant its fine, it does make some noise but most machinery does, especially for the price I really love mine and the 2 bowls are really useful, I've used mine most days so if there are going to be problems I'll probably discover them 1st and will post on here if I do!