GTech TSV Saturday 30/11/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm the lucky owner of both the Gtech and Dyson handheld. I love both and use them for different jobs around the house. I couldn't pick a favourite but the Dyson is more versatile, while the Gtech is easier to clean and has a longer lasting battery. The Gtech got a slating on the Gadget Show last night, but from what I saw, the host obviously doesn't do a lot of cleaning!

Very interesting thread, thanks all for your comments. I've been very happy with my GTech but was also still using my Dyson until last week as the brushes are refusing to rotate. I'm very interested in the GTech handheld. Shame it's another £149 on top off the price of the upright when new customers can get both for a discount. Still very tempted though! Shame QVC are going for the upright this time - will it actually be an updated on though or will they do like they did with the IPad mini and get rid of the older model?

We ordered the GTech handheld and it has just arrived.We paid £129 and also got an extension hose free. It needs to be charged before I try it out.

As AlterEgo, I have the GTECH upright & very pleased with it. I had ordered the Dyson animal handheld (the one that cleans floors), when I found out about the new handheld GTECH. It was too late for me to cancel - but, with a little research - I realised the Dyson could reach up to the ceiling, & no bending down for hard to reach corners. So I've kept the Dyson - very versatile.

Help please! I have bought one of these for my mom (I already have one). I have tested the new one and need to re-pack it to be wrapped and I can't get the handle off it, does anyone know the knack please? On mine it just pulls out but not with the new one, many thanks.

Lol- just sussed it out, a glass of wine helped me think it through!

Last edited:
Yes mine is noisy the 'airram upright vac' - but it is very good at cleaning & so easy to manoeuvre which imo compensates. Just read your additional thread - yours must be very noisy then :(

We were sent a replacement and I agree it is quite noisy but it's sooooo much quieter than the one that went back. I'm still gobsmacked by the amount of sand that's coming out of the carpets ... half a beach so far and still sucking it out. :giggle:

Thanks everyone for your replies. :mysmilie_504:

I purchased this product (Gtech AirRAM Cordless Vacuum Cleaner £159.96 plus £9.95 p/p) I took advantage of the easy pay. I received it on 3rd December. Perhaps its a bit too early to start raving about it but at the moment I am just so pleased with it. I looked it up on the internet before I ordered it and most places were selling it at £229.00.
I must admit it does not have any tools with it but even so, I still think that its well worth the money. One of the best features about it is the fact that it cleans right upto the edge. Something that my Oreck does not do.
I have cats and a dog and it is just so easy to use, as there is no messing about with plugging it in to the nearest socket. Its a boon when it comes to vacuuming the cat litter that has been kicked out of the trays, plus picking up the bits when the dog has finished munching her biscuits.
If a handheld comes onto QVC I would definately order it!

I think the one at £229 has a spare battery but even so the qvc one was about £20 cheaper tah everywhere else. I love mine.

I purchased this product (Gtech AirRAM Cordless Vacuum Cleaner £159.96 plus £9.95 p/p) I took advantage of the easy pay. I received it on 3rd December. Perhaps its a bit too early to start raving about it but at the moment I am just so pleased with it. I looked it up on the internet before I ordered it and most places were selling it at £229.00.
I must admit it does not have any tools with it but even so, I still think that its well worth the money. One of the best features about it is the fact that it cleans right upto the edge. Something that my Oreck does not do.
I have cats and a dog and it is just so easy to use, as there is no messing about with plugging it in to the nearest socket. Its a boon when it comes to vacuuming the cat litter that has been kicked out of the trays, plus picking up the bits when the dog has finished munching her biscuits.
If a handheld comes onto QVC I would definately order it!

Unbeknowns to me, OH ordered this because he saw it zing along the carpet, so as of yesterday, I now have 2 vacuum cleaners, the Oreck and the Gtech. As soon as I used the Gtech the collection tray was full of stuff the Oreck (about 5 years old) hadn't picked up, and it's even lighter than the Oreck, too. I see they're on ebay and I've told a friend who was interested to take a look. It is noisy, not horrendously so, but noisier than the Oreck but because I wasn't fiddling with cords up and down stairs etc and unplugging and replugging, the noise doesn't go on for as long. I just hope it lasts because at the moment it seems pointless to keep the Oreck as well.

I've got an Oreck, which I found to be better than the Dyson I used to have ............ mainly because it was much lighter. However, I bought the AirRam the first time that it was the TSV and the Oreck has stayed in the cupboard ever since the AirRam arrived a few months ago.

Dec 17th is the day my handheld cleaner is due to be delivered direct from Gtech - very exciting!!!!! Good job as one of the two normal Gtechs I have has stopped working after OH tried to Hoover a top of mine. Fortunately the top survived intact. Emailed Gtech to ask what I could do to get it working again and they are sending a courier to collect it and then they will sort it under the 5 year guarantee. Told them the top had been hoovered up and that doesn't invalidate the guarantee!! Sounds like excellent customer service.

I love mine too. Bought when it was TSV last time. I also have an Orek which I have always thought was good but this is excellent. I have very steep stairs and this is so easy to carry upstairs and makes cleaning so fast.

I bought my Airram for £169 from Robert Dyas recently and was expecting the tsv to be the new multi model as qvc often like to trumpet that they have the worldwide launch of a product. They missed the boat there, but I think they'll have it sooner or later. I'll be buying it when it's on a promotion somewhere because I can't get over how brilliant my Airram is. The first time I used it and went to empty it, I thought they must have sent me a return because I couldn't believe that my floors could have produced that much fluff and dirt! So much for my Miele Cat and Dog!

My airram arrived on Wednesday, and I unpacked it on Thursday, and plugged it in to charge, waited.. and - full of expectation - tried it.

But the battery had not charged. Tried to call Gtech, and the CS extension did not connect. Tried again an hour later, and got through immediately. After some incredulity, they said it must have a faulty battery. as there was nothing else that could be at fault.

So, I'm now waiting for a replacement battery. Hoping that the new battery works. I wonder whether it could be a faulty charger, rather than a faulty battery. A bit fed up...

Dec 17th is the day my handheld cleaner is due to be delivered direct from Gtech - very exciting!!!!! Good job as one of the two normal Gtechs I have has stopped working after OH tried to Hoover a top of mine. Fortunately the top survived intact. Emailed Gtech to ask what I could do to get it working again and they are sending a courier to collect it and then they will sort it under the 5 year guarantee. Told them the top had been hoovered up and that doesn't invalidate the guarantee!! Sounds like excellent customer service.

AMAZING GTECH CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Courier collected broken machine on Weds (should have been Tues but courier cocked up). Had email Thurs night saying we order had been created, further email last night saying new vacuum on its way and a brand new Air Ram was delivered today. Absolutely gobsmacked with outstanding service. I expected to wait a few days to hear what was wrong and then have it repaired before it came back to me but no, I get the new machine and no cost incurred. Brill. Plus the excitement will continue as the handheld one is due to be delivered this Tues.....

No end to the jollies at our house!!!!

Latest posts

Back