Has the cost of living crisis suddenly hit home for QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought two merino wool jumpers last week in the M&S sale £29.50 down to £9. Now that is what I consider a sale.
The Christmas begore last I got a beautiful scarf in the M&S sale. Grey cashmere with pink and blue hearts. Was £69 down to £21, it was in the Autograph range so not cheap. I was thrilled with it. Previous years I've bought leather gloves in M&S sale, I like to wear them when I'm going to the theatre (I like to dress reasonably smartly!). Got a few colours now. I usually check out M&S and John Lewis sale for items like this.

You did well with the jumpers, they were a bargain!

I bought a coat from Seasalt today £99.00. saving £60.00. Free delivery. QVC are selling it for £139.80 it was £157.00 plus postage. QVC are only doing one length where Seasalt do three. it pays to shop around. Richard Jackson is on with 5 Dhalia's for £20.00 inc post. Unbelievable

I bought two merino wool jumpers last week in the M&S sale £29.50 down to £9. Now that is what I consider a sale.
I have 3. Very nice and soft, but they are INCREDIBLY thin though.

Good bargain but wool makes me itch like mad.😩
Wool in general for me is a nightmare, but merino wool doesn't have the same effect happily. Normally though I avoid wool like the plague.

Most of what Q have to offer is in ‘seen it, rejected it’ category. If I buy it is a repeat purchase at a price better than elsewhere.That is hardly going to keep them going! The days of being tempted and clicking Buy in a second are long gone.

Can't remember the last time I bought clothing from Q. BUT I have bought a couple of fab jumpers from the 'old ladies' catalogue Damart !!! and Klass have a good sale on, so have bought 2 pairs of cropped trousers with pockets for £10 and £12 respectively ( and are not polyester). Prices like this knocked Kimmy and Marla into the long grass.
Love Klass and their sizes are consistent.
Love Damart bras but their knitwear bobbled dreadfully.

Just looked through the “recently on air” items to see if I’ve missed anything exciting (stop laughing at the back).
Found this, I know everything is a matter of personal taste, but can’t help thinking they’ve spelt “vile” wrong….. and £60 if you please.
But you get some fairy dust.😂😂

Love Klass and their sizes are consistent.
Love Damart bras but their knitwear bobbled dreadfully.

But you get some fairy dust.😂😂
Brissles and Patsy, I work for Klass, had a sneak preview of the spring collection (first delivery due in our garden centre store tomorrow, yes, tomorrow!!! There's some really nice things. Will be online asap no doubt.

I`ve had a little spend in the sales (not QVC sales) but the items I`ve bought will be worn often and will last and never date.
Last year from Marks I got a lovely silver grey satin pleated skirt for the bargain price of £13, this year I got the same skirt in gold but in their description they call it beige (it isnt beige) for £12. The satin is heavy, its great quality and a lovely fit.
I also bought a velvet kimono from Seasalt reduced from £99.95 to £47.50 and it will match with jeans or with smart trousers or skirts or over a dress. Ideal for cool evenings abroad.
My last purchase wasn`t in the sale but I found a good discount code with free delivery so even though not a sale item I got it at a price I`m happy with. It`s from Klass and I`ll wear it zipped up as a jumper with black smart trousers or black skirt or unzipped over a plain black dress. The fabric feels a really good quality, it does have some polyester in it but it looks so smart on and isn`t see through or flimsy. This is it , not everybody`s taste I agree but definitely mine.

I`ve had a little spend in the sales (not QVC sales) but the items I`ve bought will be worn often and will last and never date.
Last year from Marks I got a lovely silver grey satin pleated skirt for the bargain price of £13, this year I got the same skirt in gold but in their description they call it beige (it isnt beige) for £12. The satin is heavy, its great quality and a lovely fit.
I also bought a velvet kimono from Seasalt reduced from £99.95 to £47.50 and it will match with jeans or with smart trousers or skirts or over a dress. Ideal for cool evenings abroad.
My last purchase wasn`t in the sale but I found a good discount code with free delivery so even though not a sale item I got it at a price I`m happy with. It`s from Klass and I`ll wear it zipped up as a jumper with black smart trousers or black skirt or unzipped over a plain black dress. The fabric feels a really good quality, it does have some polyester in it but it looks so smart on and isn`t see through or flimsy. This is it , not everybody`s taste I agree but definitely mine.
that's a lovely cardigan/ jacket Vienna, we sold a fair few of them, previous year they did a pale pink and grey version too. Really smart, I've found that they wash well and last.

that's a lovely cardigan/ jacket Vienna, we sold a fair few of them, previous year they did a pale pink and grey version too. Really smart, I've found that they wash well and last.
Yes they have a rose and grey one on the website but sadly not in my size. The other colourway is black and white but I already have enough black and white items. I`d have ordered the rose and grey one too because the paler colours would have been good for Spring but sadly it doesn`t look as if they`ll be stocking more and the one size they have is too big for me.

Brissles and Patsy, I work for Klass, had a sneak preview of the spring collection (first delivery due in our garden centre store tomorrow, yes, tomorrow!!! There's some really nice things. Will be online asap no doubt.
I had a look using Vienna's link. Some lovely tops reminiscent of Joe Brown which used to be on Q. I'm sitting on my hands for now as I need to do a clearout of what I already own.
I have just bought a dress from Amazon for an upcoming party. It may be ok, it may be awful, but no p&p and comes in at £30. I'd looked at a green velvet Monsoon dress on Q but I'd rather spend money on stuff I'll wear a lot rather than something that'll get brought out once a year.

I have 3. Very nice and soft, but they are INCREDIBLY thin though.

Wool in general for me is a nightmare, but merino wool doesn't have the same effect happily. Normally though I avoid wool like the plague.
Yes, I have merino wool jumpers from M&S from several years back, and they are much thicker. I consider them now as autumn/spring wear. But wool makes me itch, such as Shetland and the fluffy sort. I remember buying a pure wool coat and being asked what the red mark on my upper chest was? It was the coat, so knew I had to wear a scarf to create a barrier between my skin and the front of the coat.

👍👍

I bought a coat from Seasalt today £99.00. saving £60.00. Free delivery. QVC are selling it for £139.80 it was £157.00 plus postage. QVC are only doing one length where Seasalt do three. it pays to shop around. Richard Jackson is on with 5 Dhalia's for £20.00 inc post. Unbelievable
I love Seasalt and there are far better deals than Q on its website and ebay outlet shop. It is interesting to see people wearing the clothes on Q which is its only advantage really. Anyone can get interest-free "easy pays" these days through Klarna, paypal etc. Yes you can wear them and then send them back - but you probably get blacklisted if you do that regularly and once you've tried the clothes on you don't need to wear them outside to find out if they're "comfortable"

Confession time .. I bought some denim and co trousers in sale … 🤦🏻‍♀️ im 5ftt 1 and a peanut and their models have legs up to there …… lol
Going back .. my bad really but never buy clothes from there usually lol

Latest posts

Back