Haute Polish One Step Gel Nail System TSV 02/05/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just thought you might like to know that yesterday I tweeted Ali Young a question about the Haute Polish. As a regular user of Nail Envy who had ordered the Haute Polish set (TSV yesterday), I wanted to know the best way to make sure I don't lose the strengthening effect of the Nail Envy. Ali tweeted back to say it was okay to continue using a coat of Nail Envy UNDER the gel mani. I quote: "use Nail Envy, when dry wipe with with the prep wipe and then paint colour as normal. Just use Nail Envy as a base coat. AYx". I'm certainly going to do this and thought others might like to share the advice!

Just had a look at the reviews on QVC. People are certainly not just applying one coat. 2 or 3 seem to be the norm. There are 15 reviews and at least 3 people say that the gel polish peeled off in a few hours. Other people are happy though. I reckon Red Carpet Manicure is better.

I bought the RCM last year and I am very pleased with it. However I was interested to see how this compared.

I am always very sceptical about one product that does everything and when they said that this didn't need a base coat or a top coat it rang alarm bells for me. It might be OK with the paler colours, but I don't see how you can use a strong colour without a base coat and not have the nails staining.

The other thing was the individual wipes, that has just got to make the system more expensive. I prefer the Erase on the RCM system.

As they both use LED lights I assume that the Haute Polish varnish could be used with the RCM light (although I would still use RCM base and top coat. It might be interesting to test that out as it would give a greater range of colours.

If anyone still wanted to get the Haute system living social have it (don't know how contents compare) for £49

Latest posts

Back